bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
CAGrl wrote:Now more reason for me to take a half day and be there!!!

Edit: Sparky!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20

Sparky, you need to buy today's shirt. It's perfect for you.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Don'cha mean a day and a half?? Cause you know we're going to try to end up at Scott's on Saturday!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Sparky, you need to buy today's shirt. It's perfect for you.

Why?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Mom wants me to move back in with her. I can have the master bedroom, and bring girls over anytime.

Because you know that the best pickup line for guys is "I still live at home with Mom."

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Mom wants me to move back in with her. I can have the master bedroom, and bring girls over anytime.

Because you know that the best pickup line for guys is "I still live at home with Mom."

You tell her only if you can live in the basement, it's the best option. It could be your fortress of solitude.

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:Don'cha mean a day and a half?? Cause you know we're going to try to end up at Scott's on Saturday!!

Dork. I meant take a half day Friday. Wouldn't miss Scott Harvey night!!!

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:You tell her only if you can live in the basement, it's the best option. It could be your fortress of solitude.

This is SoCal, there is no basement!!

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:This is SoCal, there is no basement!!

I was just going to say that about you're Mom's house!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:Great news! Are you sure that you still can't eat the cheese?

It was already in the trash by the time I got home, so a couple of hours at 60 degrees. By then, I was sure.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

Busy night last night. Friends without power were coming for dinner and to spend the night with power. As they were getting a change of clothes, their power came back. But already had picked up dinner so they came by. Son and fiance stopped up as well. Only for showers even though they don't have power. Warm enough this year to stay home without power.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

How appropos. Only shipment delayed due to Sandy - shirt.woot Procrastination University.

My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Eat the cheese. Just eat it. And let us know how it turns out.

Wait until utilities are completely restored and you can be assured of properly flushing toilets. THEN eat the cheese and ONLY tell us how it turns out if you didn't need the properly flushing toilets. If you DID need the properly flushing toilets just post:

*flush*

And that's really all we'll need to know.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:How appropos. Only shipment delayed due to Sandy - shirt.woot Procrastination University.

That's 87 distinct types of awesome.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Mom wants me to move back in with her. I can have the master bedroom, and bring girls over anytime.

Dumb questions:

What about your house? Wouldn't she be better off selling hers and moving in with you instead? Or is their house bigger/nicer than yours?

What would you do with your place? I know a Realtor in San Diego who buys awesome cookies.

Is your mom just lonely or does she actually need your assistance?

Has she looked into a community at all? Not a home, but one of those apartment complexes that only allow elderly residents and have a nurse on staff at all hours. My grandma lives in one of those, loves it. My wife's godmother does also, she totally came around as soon as she moved out of her son's and into her complex.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Cool! It may be time for a thread for that event, since people are starting to make specific arrangements to attend. It's my understanding that thread creation rights are very closely guarded.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Happy Halloween!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Cool! It may be time for a thread for that event, since people are starting to make specific arrangements to attend. It's my understanding that thread creation rights are very closely guarded.

Oh fine!

I blame Corrado!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

According to the email I have gotten, Buckyballs are no more. If you buy stuff before Nov1st, they will donate 20% of their profits to Sandy relief.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Cool! It may be time for a thread for that event, since people are starting to make specific arrangements to attend. It's my understanding that thread creation rights are very closely guarded.

2013 D&D Event thread

2013 D&D Weekend thread

Happy? :grumble, grumble:

bahwm

Waiting 25 minutes so far at the dermatologist's office. And, I was here on time! Gotta love this place. Not!

Edit: OK: 42 minutes from checkin to car with exam complete. Doctor was thorough. I have a clean bill of health! Yippee!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

ohhh... D&D......I wonder if I can convince hubby we NEED to attend?
hmmmmm

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:2013 D&D Event thread

2013 D&D Weekend thread

Happy? :grumble, grumble:

I see. So your refusal to consider me and my LW as attendees is based on my SUGGESTION that since several people had shown interest, it MIGHT be time to consider starting a thread. I had no idea it would provoke such grumbling. Besides, I was under the impression that only HRH PS was authorized to create that particular thread. Apparently not.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:I see. So your refusal to consider me and my LW as attendees is based on my SUGGESTION that since several people had shown interest, it MIGHT be time to consider starting a thread. I had no idea it would provoke such grumbling. Besides, I was under the impression that only HRH PS was authorized to create that particular thread. Apparently not.

Sparky stole his loom

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Turley is now offering a Cab! Hmmm...how many to buy? Dammit!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I see. So your refusal to consider me and my LW as attendees is based on my SUGGESTION that since several people had shown interest, it MIGHT be time to consider starting a thread. I had no idea it would provoke such grumbling. Besides, I was under the impression that only HRH PS was authorized to create that particular thread. Apparently not.

Buzz!~!. As duly appointed PSith PadawanS of HRH, I created the thread last year and cheron created it the year before.

The grumbling was having to create it before the official PSILY post.

And as for the two of you, as you noticed, you two were already added to the weekend thread. But due to computer problems (yes, ironic, I know!), you were left off the D&D list. Which has been rectified.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:ohhh... D&D......I wonder if I can convince hubby we NEED to attend?
hmmmmm

Of course you NEED to attend! The better question is does HE need to attend?? Think of all the extra $$ available to buy fine wine that weekend!!

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Of course you NEED to attend! The better question is does HE need to attend?? Think of all the extra $$ available to buy fine wine that weekend!!

I agree with sparky that you need to attend.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Turley is now offering a Cab! Hmmm...how many to buy? Dammit!

I tasted it this past weekend. It's interesting. It's nothing like a big Napa cab, and that's kind of the point. They're trying to make it in the fashion of the pre-big-Napa-can movement. Alc. was 14.5%. $40/bottle wasn't screaming QPR, but it was rather enjoyable. We didn't buy any of it, but did think about it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Buzz!~!. As duly appointed PSith PadawanS of HRH, I created the thread last year and cheron created it the year before.

The grumbling was having to create it before the official PSILY post.

And as for the two of you, as you noticed, you two were already added to the weekend thread. But due to computer problems (yes, ironic, I know!), you were left off the D&D list. Which has been rectified.

You are the best. I can't imagine how I ever could have doubted it.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:You are the best. I can't imagine how I ever could have doubted it.

Senility?

Got my system working a lot better now, should have worked on it when it first started acting up. Then adding you two on the list wouldn't have slipped.

But it did give me the chance to tease you when I added you two to the D&D list.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:I agree with sparky that you need to attend.

Absolutely! We NEED to meet!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Teaser -

For those of you who think you can only afford one woot weekend event next year - save it for August.

Also, I need everyone to PM me your addresses.

*cough*

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:Teaser -

For those of you who think you can only afford one woot weekend event next year - save it for August.

*cough*

Where is the Woot-wedding?

Edit: Tried to stalk on FB but couldn't see what you were planning/writing. Apparently I can't see some stuff on your wall unless you haven't written much on there. Possibility.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Absolutely! We NEED to meet!

Didn't you cross paths on the tour..!?

CT

CAGrl

rjquillin wrote:Didn't you cross paths on the tour..!?

I think she's agreeing with me and needs to meet mommadeb. We've definitely crossed paths.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Teaser -

*cough*

But I'm washing my hair. The whole month!

bhodilee

I am disappointed in my daughter. We only walked about three blocks on our Trick or Treat Quest. In past years we've filled her entire candy bag to the brim (no small feat). Shoulda made her take a nap after school. I knew I shoulda, but I didn't cause I didn't want to argue with her. Oh well, she had fun and got enough candy.

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Didn't you cross paths on the tour..!?

I was agreeing with CAGirl. Need to meet mommadeb. CAGirl & I saw each other.