PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

PoSt away, folks!

And F*** the so-called "giants", who dare to defile the name of the Glorious Football team with their scum and cheating. Not withstanding this small sample size fluke, they are still a miNor League team that wouldn't have made the playoffs but for Melkyroids. A tainted title that requires an asterisk.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PetiteSirah wrote:PoSt away, folks!

And F*** the so-called "giants", who dare to defile the name of the Glorious Football team with their scum and cheating. Not withstanding this small sample size fluke, they are still a miNor League team that wouldn't have made the playoffs but for Melkyroids. A tainted title that requires an asterisk.

Dude! It's not good for you to hold everything in! You have to let it all out, and not let it fester.

I should have known that this sign of the Apocalypse (as well as Sandy!) would have kept you up late enough. Welcome Back!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Austin #1 has come online!

List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of October 28th.

November
11/23: MN#?: Black Friday Retreat

December
TBD: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) for molarche (West LA/Culver City)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/24: D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend
(Note: Threads will be created once PSILY site has actual D&D update)

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Okay, all the guesses are in. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Anyone under 2,072 is eliminated from contention. Because that is the current CT total with WW purchases thru last week (purchases not delivered by Thursday were not counted).

Eliminated because Wine Clubs AND most D&D purchases still need to be added. Which I will be doing this week.

Current estimate of possible Grand Total is 2,287 (2,072 (CT) + 174 (Wine Clubs) + 41 (D&D)). Although the D&D total could change if I only count the Magnums (2) & Jeroboams (3) as one each, instead of how many bottles are in each.

Which could mean Merbill (2,255) would be the winner, although InFrom (2,243) & North316 (2,234) are still be in the running. And ddeuddeg (2,143) & JoelSisk (2,150) might also be in the running if I start subtracting wines drank at WW gatherings & D&D.

Those with the Rush guess (2,112) were using older posts mentioning the three 48 case lockers, one 24 case locker, and the 8 case locker (in Long Beach). (48 + 48 + 48 + 24 + 8 = 176 cases), 176 * 12 = 2,112 bottles.

What they forgot was the 44 bottle dual zone wine fridge at home (which actually has more due to the half bottles in it). Plus the 8 case locker actually has more than 9 cases in it (flat boxes rule!).

Oh, and the reason I joined zTimBz in the new Mega locker is that I was out of room in the others!!

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

If you're counting magnums as 2 bottles and Jeroboams as 4, then you should be counting half bottles as 0.5, 500 mL as 0.66666666, and 200 mL (if you've got much icewine) as 0.26666666

Or you just count the number of containers.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:If you're counting magnums as 2 bottles and Jeroboams as 4, then you should be counting half bottles as 0.5, 500 mL as 0.66666666, and 200 mL (if you've got much icewine) as 0.26666666

Or you just count the number of containers.

That's true. Number of containers it is!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sparky, I think you missed my comment in yesterday's thread.

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm gonna ask WineDavid to start pinning your tasting notes to your shirt so you won't misplace them.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

On the plus side, at least they have a Romo that comes through.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Got a call at 5:07 AM. When my alarm usually goes off. The company is closing all CT locations today. Why they waited until the early hours to place the call, and wake my wife, I don't know.

So far, just a breeze up here. And a little rain.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
polarbear22 wrote:Got a call at 5:07 AM. When my alarm usually goes off. The company is closing all CT locations today. Why they waited until the early hours to place the call, and wake my wife, I don't know.

So far, just a breeze up here. And a little rain.

Be safe my friend, Sandy is one big storm, 175 miles of hurricane force winds. They are expecting hurricane force winds rain and storm surge from north Virginia to Massachusetts. NHC 8 am advisory.

bhodilee

This right here is why my state struggles with obesity. Pretty horrible name, but ridiculously delicious. I worked at one of these places most of the way through college. Used to make these every morning at 6 a.m. Did that, went to another job, went to class, came back here, worked 5-6 hours, went home studied, did it again the next day. Guess I shoulda just borrowed money from my parents for tuition.

DOH, WRONG THREAD!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I can't tell if this is impassionate or just disdain.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

otolith wrote:I can't tell if this is impassionate or just disdain.

Disdain for the minor league, the same minor league that has the last three world series titles.

Not that anyone actually cares about baseball. Any sport where you can be in the shape I am and play well, isn't a sport.

bhodilee

I desperately want to buy a new laptop just so I can play around with Windows 8. I also want to buy a Surface RT just to play with it. Now I just need $2k or someone to buy it for me!

polarbear22

ERMD wrote:Be safe my friend, Sandy is one big storm, 175 miles of hurricane force winds. They are expecting hurricane force winds rain and storm surge from north Virginia to Massachusetts. NHC 8 am advisory.

All those years working on hurricane models for FL ratemaking got me real interested in hurricanes, windfields, etc. However, I preferred that it remained an academic interest rather than as practical as it has become.

Being 60-70 miles from the shore, we have the advantage of some distance. But as you point out, the windfield is so large, we are going to get unprecedented strong winds.

Best thing I have seen is the map of power outage potential. There is one small finger of moderate potential within the extreme potential of the rest of the state. We are in that small area. Hope springs eternal.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

otolith

bhodilee wrote:Disdain for the minor league, the same minor league that has the last three world series titles.

Not that anyone actually cares about baseball. Any sport where you can be in the shape I am and play well, isn't a sport.

My hero is Prince Fielder. The amount his shirt jiggles up and down when he runs is hilarious. I also hate the "I'll just keep buying a good team."*

*Yes, this is partly out of jealousy. : )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

I think Lot18 was a referral site. Thought I was registered, but apparently not. Someone want to PM me a referral?

My Cellar

polarbear22

otolith wrote:My hero is Prince Fielder. The amount his shirt jiggles up and down when he runs is hilarious. I also hate the "I'll just keep buying a good team."*

*Yes, this is partly out of jealousy. : )

Makes me think of Hrbek. Just push the runner off the bag.

My Cellar

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

I hate to tell you, bro', but the baseball Giants have been around a whole lot longer than the football Giants. It was the baseball Giants old field at the Polo Grounds that the football Giants played at for years.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Sparky, I think you missed my comment in yesterday's thread.

Responded there. It might help, until I wash clothes!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rpm wrote:I hate to tell you, bro', but the baseball Giants have been around a whole lot longer than the football Giants. It was the baseball Giants old field at the Polo Grounds that the football Giants played at for years.

History. Who cares about that? Yeah they partially got in because of Melky but he wasn't on the team that swept the team that swept the Yankees.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:History. Who cares about that? Yeah they partially got in because of Melky but he wasn't on the team that swept the team that swept the Yankees.

Ixnay onway ethay eepingsway Ankeesyay!!! It upsets the Boss!

Edit: And when did the Scary Pumpkin show up in my sig? ThunderThighs? InkyCatz?? Old-Timers???

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ixnay onway ethay eepingsway Ankeesyay!!! It upsets the Boss!

Edit: And when did the Scary Pumpkin show up in my sig? ThunderThighs? InkyCatz?? Old-Timers???

Good thing then that I don't speak pig Latin.

I thought you did the sig? It's cute.

bhodilee

rpm wrote:I hate to tell you, bro', but the baseball Giants have been around a whole lot longer than the football Giants. It was the baseball Giants old field at the Polo Grounds that the football Giants played at for years.

Yeah, but then those commie bastards up and took off from New Yawk. Unforgivable!

otolith

CAGrl wrote:History. Who cares about that? Yeah they partially got in because of Melky but he wasn't on the team that swept the team that swept the Yankees.

Seems that there are some short term memory issues. Is that concerning at such a young age?

--John Muir

CAGrl

otolith wrote:Seems that there are some short term memory issues. Is that concerning at such a young age?

?? Short term memory issues?? Just confused here. And I'm not that young.

otolith

CAGrl wrote:?? Short term memory issues?? Just confused here. And I'm not that young.

On your part, just confusion.

On his part, short term memory issues, since the team that just got swept, swept his...

edit: and now back to hoping our East Coasters hang in there...

--John Muir

CAGrl

otolith wrote:On your part, just confusion.

On his part, short term memory issues, since the team that just got swept, swept his...

edit: and now back to hoping our East Coasters hang in there...

Hahaha. I was so confused. But that is definitely one of my issues.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

And to continue from last week - Montreal, in addition to smoked meat, you need to have a proper Wollensky.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

And it wasn't Melky that made the Tiger hitters totally impotent.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Broke out the "Sandy Sangria"

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Itwdswafo wrote:Broke out the "Sandy Sangria"

I would be concerned if there was sand in my Sangria.

I'm just hanging out, really.

otolith

Itwdswafo wrote:Broke out the "Sandy Sangria"

I hope you have some help drinking all of this.

--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:I hope you have some help drinking all of this.

Dude, that has to last 3 DAYS!!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, all the guesses are in. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Anyone under 2,072 is eliminated from contention. Because that is the current CT total with WW purchases thru last week (purchases not delivered by Thursday were not counted).

Wow, I thought I was conservative at 500 bottles for a year, apparently I forgot the Sparky multiplier :P

CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
joelsisk wrote:Dude, that has to last 3 DAYS!!!

He'll be out for three days if he finishes it by himself

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, all the guesses are in. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Not that the guess matters, but BrightGreen is my +1 and has thus purchased on woot, by proxy through me. I told her to have a go with a guess. It seems that I was to optimistic at 1945 and she too pessimistic at 24-something

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

CAGrl

Sounds like I missed a fun guessing game while my Internet was down for 3 weeks. Oh well.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
joelsisk wrote:And to continue from last week - Montreal, in addition to smoked meat, you need to have a proper Wollensky.

Is a proper Wollensky like a big Lebowski? (I googled, to no avail.)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:I think Lot18 was a referral site. Thought I was registered, but apparently not. Someone want to PM me a referral?

You haz invite in your comcast account.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings