2006 Expression 44 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills, Willakia Vineyard
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
8/25/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Supersox

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Supersox

Drink this wine...express yourself...pass out...regret it the next day...repeat

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

Interesting. Woot had the 2007 up early September and now the 2006..? Would liked to have pulled a cork, but alas, I've been taking lessons from Sparky. Anyone tried the '07 yet? This must be ready to drink now.
[edit] Make that the 2007 Roserock

CT

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
rjquillin wrote:Interesting. Woot had the 2007 up early September and now the 2006..? Would liked to have pulled a cork, but alas, I've been taking lessons from Sparky. Anyone tried the '07 yet? This must be ready to drink now.
[edit] Make that the 2007 Roserock

The 2007 Roserock was excellent; one of my favorite wines ever purchased from Woot. I'm in for two of these, based on my experience with the Roserock.

Snausages01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snausages01
blakewoot wrote:The 2007 Roserock was excellent; one of my favorite wines ever purchased from Woot. I'm in for two of these, based on my experience with the Roserock.

Interested to hear more. I've got two bottles of the 2007 from the last woot-off, but I havent opened one yet. Maybe after work tomorrow...

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
Snausages01 wrote:Interested to hear more. I've got two bottles of the 2007 from the last woot-off, but I havent opened one yet. Maybe after work tomorrow...

The Expression 44 2007 Roserock Vineyard is so far my favourite American Pinot Noir, bar none. The Roserock 07 is amazing (see my cellartracker comments), having bought it the first time it wooted with the (almost as good) Zena Crown 07.
It's a pity I was on the Playa for the last woot in Sept!

Any comparative reviews of this to the Roserock?

rpm

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rpm
richardhod wrote:The Expression 44 2007 Roserock Vineyard is so far my favourite American Pinot Noir, bar none. The Roserock 07 is amazing (see my cellartracker comments), having bought it the first time it wooted with the (almost as good) Zena Crown 07.
It's a pity I was on the Playa for the last woot in Sept!

Any comparative reviews of this to the Roserock?

Comment on the style?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Website shows retail of $48 per bottle before tax and shipping with only 9 cases left. GREAT DEAL!

jared465

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jared465

In. We have been wanting to put more effort into having some northwest pinot around, because we admittedly just don't have as much knowledge of the area as we should. looking forward to it!

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

This is almost certainly going to be my first purchase in awhile. But would love to hear from someone who has maybe had this bottle. Or the winery will chime in, maybe.
And for you point chasers out there, it looks like this also received 90 from WA and 89 from WE.
Sounds like quality juice.

LoungeLizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoungeLizard

Was ready to buy; but no Maryland. Money stays in the bank...

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

I had this at the last offering and liked it very much. If I recall correctly it was very typical of Oregon Pinot - tart cherries with some earth, mushrooms and tobacco. It will be interesting to see how it might have changed over the last two years. In for one.

hex706f726368

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hex706f726368

No AZ. :-(

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I could use some Pinot... But I'm wine tasting tomorrow... SWMBO told me no more wine... Positive comments from Richard.... I can be swayed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Bendial80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bendial80

Ugh so disappointed by all these $25+/bottle "deals"

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis

Nice reviews fwiw: 91 Spectator, 90 Wine Advocate, 90 Burghound.

Sounds like this in a pretty good drinking spot ...

Reviews are on the winery website, and if you scroll down to the bottom Burghound also reviews the Roserock.

http://www.expressionwine.com/News---Events/News

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte
Bendial80 wrote:Ugh so disappointed by all these $25+/bottle "deals"

I'm disappointed that I missed yesterday's offer. I just sent an email to Rack & Riddle asking if the shipping listed on their site is correct (it excludes Texas.)

As for the $25+ wine deals, it does not bother me. It helps me moderate my purchases and I focus more on quality and features I like. I find I don't end up with too much of a "ok" wine just because it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Jeremy9991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeremy9991

No Wi...Was pretty excited about this one

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:I could use some Pinot... But I'm wine tasting tomorrow... SWMBO told me no more wine... Positive comments from Richard.... I can be swayed.

Not to lead you into a divorce.
But if your buying ill take 1 off your hands.

CT

kylemittskus

kaolis wrote:Nice reviews fwiw: 91 Spectator, 90 Wine Advocate, 90 Burghound.

Sounds like this in a pretty good drinking spot ...

Reviews are on the winery website, and if you scroll down to the bottom Burghound also reviews the Roserock.

http://www.expressionwine.com/News---Events/News

If AM gave this wine a 90, I'm in. That is an insane score from a critic whose PN palate I trust and whose scores I think are reasonable.

Edit: He gave the Eola-Amity Hills a 90 and the Willakia Vineyard an 88+. Not sure which of the two this offer is for.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rpm wrote:Comment on the style?

For the 2007 Roserock, Richard's and my notes are similar (different bottles, a month apart - mine was suspect for heat damage). The overlap is Burgundian style, cherry, leafy/forest floor, earthy, and we both thought it would happily do with some significant age.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
kylemittskus wrote:If AM gave this wine a 90, I'm in. That is an insane score from a critic whose PN palate I trust and whose scores I think are reasonable.

Edit: He gave the Eola-Amity Hills a 90 and the Willakia Vineyard an 88+. Not sure which of the two this offer is for.

Hey Kyle, unless I'm nuts(possible), this offer is for the 2006 Willakia, which did get 90 points from Burghound.. at least looking at the reviews as posted on the Expressions website the Willakia and Roserock got 90 each, the Eola-Amity Hills and Zena Crown got 88 each, all 2006.

Edit: The Willakia Vineyard is in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, maybe that's where some confusion lies??

xppinotguy

quality posts: 17 Private Messages xppinotguy

Sorry for my absence, I volunteered at my son's school all morning.

It is I xpPinotGuY, I haven't logged in for a while, but I still am up on all my pinot noir lore and star trek jargon.

The 2006 Willakia is flat out wonderful right now. This is a "go to" wine for any OR pinot lover who is not looking for what I call the "steak house Pinot" vintages.

I had some last Saturday with some friends from Healdsburg after pinot on the river. Willakia and an Anderson Valley pinot from Black Kite were the hits of the dinner.

Let me know if there are any questions...

live Long and Prosper,

xpPinotGuY

gostarkygo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gostarkygo
xppinotguy wrote:Sorry for my absence, I volunteered at my son's school all morning.

It is I xpPinotGuY, I haven't logged in for a while, but I still am up on all my pinot noir lore and star trek jargon.

The 2006 Willakia is flat out wonderful right now. This is a "go to" wine for any OR pinot lover who is not looking for what I call the "steak house Pinot" vintages.

I had some last Saturday with some friends from Healdsburg after pinot on the river. Willakia and an Anderson Valley pinot from Black Kite were the hits of the dinner.

live Long and Prosper,

xpPinotGuY

Great to see you back.
In my opinion, these wines have the ability evolve nicely given a few extra years in the bottle. As such, I will always make room in the cellar for your older vintages. I wish you had some '06 Roserock laying around that you would let us have as well.

I hope the day goes well and that you expose some new people to your fabulous wines.

bdigest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdigest

Already bought mine, but surprised how quiet it is on here this evening. A Friday night thing, perhaps?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bdigest wrote:Already bought mine, but surprised how quiet it is on here this evening. A Friday night thing, perhaps?

still recovering from the wooter tasting at the Sonoma offices last night. good time. keep an eye out for the next one.

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
xppinotguy wrote:

live Long and Prosper,

xpPinotGuY

Properly stored, how long, for one who likes aged juice, would you estimate this will live Long and Prosper?

Welcome back.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

*sigh* You got me. Again. Stop it! Also got some coffee from sellout.woot.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

DarkStar11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkStar11

Well, I tried all day to resist pushing the big button. I haven't been a huge fan of the few Pinot Noirs I've tried so far, but they've all been your average grocery store fare. I'll be interested to give this a try.

iddibbiddibay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iddibbiddibay

What? No WI?! Do you know who you're playing with? It's WI! Wake up.

fsamaie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsamaie

Is it possible to get more than 3?

kylemittskus

fsamaie wrote:Is it possible to get more than 3?

Gift yourself another order and just barely change the address (i.e.: street vs st.).

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

These were excellent

Really hope they pop up again. I can't find them anywhere for a decent price