$89.99 (Normally $216.00) 58% off List Price
2009 Tasi California Merlot
CT link above

Previous offer:
8/6/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Fred, I think you need another case.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:Fred, I think you need another case.

He's been going crazy today already.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

This was also in the side sale a few days ago. I ordered one then; it's really good, especially at this price.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

What's the shelf life on this stuff? I have some but my parents liked it, but a case is a lot of wine for them.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

Fred,
This isn't a cab... Are you feeling ok?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
mschauber wrote:What's the shelf life on this stuff? I have some but my parents liked it, but a case is a lot of wine for them.

Low alc., moderate pH. It should last for at least a couple more years.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

***checks previous deal from the other day of Tasi for reviews***

Edit - Ok, good reviews sold me...I'm in for at least one, a little time left if I want more.

mschauber

kylemittskus wrote:Low alc., moderate pH. It should last for at least a couple more years.

Thanks. that's sort of what I was thinking, but nice to get hear it from people that know more than I

--
My CT

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Just finished a bottle of this tonight on day 3! I like this bottle for a "I don't feel guilty opening this" kind of night. The third day isn't the best but drinkable. Day 1 and 2 are good. It's light, a little sweet and fruity. Pretty light for a merlot actually. At this price, it's great!

TechDiva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TechDiva

I have ordered this a couple of times. Just do it. If you don't like it give it as a hostess gift to anyone who will have you

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

From the August comments (below): I never did understand what Scott meant by wine 'talking to you.' Any help here?

Thanks.

losthighwayz wrote:
Mega Red, huh? Who would have known! I learn something new on here all the time! Is this addition why some wines literally remind me of Welch's juice, feel syrupy, etc.? I wonder if Scott regrets his posting since it has openned (it seems) a "small" can of worms?

(from Scott Harvey)
It is a can of worms I want the consumer to be able to look for and understand, because it tends to produce wines that no longer have the ability to talk to you. I want people to look for wines that do talk to you like this Tasi Merlot does.

mrquackers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrquackers

Been waiting for this one all day, since the last case was a huge hit with the wife and friends. In for two!

DarkStar11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkStar11

Ordered one, then came back and snagged another. A very good "anyday" wine, especially at this price.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

This one item has made the entire wootoff worth wooting for.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Anyone have notes from the earlier woot to add to the thread here?

CT

TechDiva

jchasma wrote:Just finished a bottle of this tonight on day 3! I like this bottle for a "I don't feel guilty opening this" kind of night. The third day isn't the best but drinkable. Day 1 and 2 are good. It's light, a little sweet and fruity. Pretty light for a merlot actually. At this price, it's great!

Props to jchasma on your self control. I have never concerned myself with how a wine would be on day 3. For that very reason I am looking for good vaule. This wine is one.

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco

Dang. Won't ship to MD.

mschauber

Anyone know if this is a 2 day woot.off or if we will be deprived of sleep for another night?

--
My CT

TechDiva

mschauber wrote:Anyone know if this is a 2 day woot.off or if we will be deprived of sleep for another night?

You never know. Three day Woot-Offs are not very common but based on the pace/flow of this it could be one of those events. Nothing exciting so far. I hope there is one more day.

jbfowlertx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jbfowlertx
rjquillin wrote:Anyone have notes from the earlier woot to add to the thread here?

Yes, I poured mine down the drain (at least what I didn't waste on Sangria). I typically respect and agree with Scott Harvey on these boards, but this Tasi Merlot is the worst purchase I've ever made on woot. As others have pointed out, it's light for a merlot and a little sweet, but it lacks depth of flavor or subtlety. I'm not sure what else to say about this one since it was so void of anything other than off/chemical flavors with the light sweetness.

I try to be more descriptive about how a wine tastes, but each bottle I tasted of this had the same off flavors that didn't closely resemble well made (or even passable) wine.

The Sangria turned out great!

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong

Humm, I felt this was a so-so Merlot, made acceptable only by its price. When I saw it, my first thought was "gee, fourth time it's been offered on Woot, they must've bought a tankerful of it." My next thought was "so much for the Woot-off, this will take hours to sell out." Now if only they'd put up the Tasi Cab, I'd be in for a case for sure! (hint, hint)