12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Gourmet Nut Artisan Sea Salts & Grinders
$19.99 (Normally $33.99) 41% off List Price
Northwest Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt Grinder, 3.75 oz.
Sel Gris French Sea Salt Grinder, 3.75 oz.
Sonoma Gourmet Sea Salt Grinder, 3.75 oz.
Himalayan Pink Salt Grinder, 3.75 oz.

Previous offer:
7/26/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

Anyone have feedback on these? I've started cooking a lot more lately, and lots of recipes call for sea salt. So far I've been getting by with the kosher salt I have in the house. Are these worth the money?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
lnljuly wrote:Anyone have feedback on these? I've started cooking a lot more lately, and lots of recipes call for sea salt. So far I've been getting by with the kosher salt I have in the house. Are these worth the money?

I thought so, nice to have around.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

msharkin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msharkin
lnljuly wrote:Anyone have feedback on these? I've started cooking a lot more lately, and lots of recipes call for sea salt. So far I've been getting by with the kosher salt I have in the house. Are these worth the money?

I use the pink all the time. It's usually $6 or more in stores. The smoked is harder to find and has a lovely edge in some foods. Definitely worth the money.

I say it's a good price for your new cooking interest and a nice holiday gift.

eponacelt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eponacelt

These are awful quality, as generally any salt or pepper that comes "prepackaged" in a grinder tend to be.

If you're really interested in moving to a more nuanced salt in your cooking or finishing of dishes, consider going to a specialized salt supplier. The Meadow is where I got my first legit gourmet salt and would recommend it to anyone. Yes it's double the price, but it's WAY more quantity and quality.

Here's a link: http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/Gourmet-Sea-Salt/Salt-Sets/Foundation-Salt-Set

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I bought these salts the last time they were up. I have used the Himalayan, Smoked Sea Salt and the Sel Gris. Good quality salts and the dispensers have worked well for me. A good amount of salt is in each dispenser and I think this deal is a good value. I like to use various salts when cooking/grilling and normally purchase them at a market in NYC from a vendor that specializes in custom oils and salts.

As far as basic sea salts are concerned, these are of the same quality as those I purchase from the vendor in NYC but much cheaper. The shop is also in a trendy market (Chelsea) so I guess the higher prices would be expected there. If w.w had some unique oils and salts to put up (think lemongrass oil and Ghost Pepper Salt!), I wouldn't need to return~

nightwing1191

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightwing1191
eponacelt wrote:These are awful quality, as generally any salt or pepper that comes "prepackaged" in a grinder tend to be.

If you're really interested in moving to a more nuanced salt in your cooking or finishing of dishes, consider going to a specialized salt supplier. The Meadow is where I got my first legit gourmet salt and would recommend it to anyone. Yes it's double the price, but it's WAY more quantity and quality.

Here's a link: http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/Gourmet-Sea-Salt/Salt-Sets/Foundation-Salt-Set

Didn't know there was such a thing as a salt hipster.

Burritoclock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burritoclock
nightwing1191 wrote:Didn't know there was such a thing as a salt hipster.

I'm with you. My mind is blown.

eponacelt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eponacelt
Burritoclock wrote:I'm with you. My mind is blown.

If recommending a product that is superior in quantity and quality makes me a hipster, so be it. Was just trying to be helpful since I had experienced both this product and had a better experience elsewhere.

mantorp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mantorp
eponacelt wrote:If recommending a product that is superior in quantity and quality makes me a hipster, so be it. Was just trying to be helpful since I had experienced both this product and had a better experience elsewhere.

Would love to see you in a blind salt taste test.

suzika

quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

We buy our fancy salts from Myspicesage.com. Great quality salts, lower prices than this, and you get free shipping and free samples with every order.

waznrvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waznrvt

has anyone else not received these yet? its frozen on "shipment has been initiated" e-mailed support@woot.com but no response.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

waznrvt wrote:has anyone else not received these yet? its frozen on "shipment has been initiated" e-mailed support@woot.com but no response.

Have you checked the Spam filter of your email provider? Sometimes Member Services replies get stuck in there...
Either way, I've forwarded your post onto them to see if they can't help you find a resolve.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

waznrvt

ROGETRAY wrote:Have you checked the Spam filter of your email provider? Sometimes Member Services replies get stuck in there...
Either way, I've forwarded your post onto them to see if they can't help you find a resolve.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Thanks, I got a case email from them just now.

waznrvt

sad thing is the city they are supposed to ship from is only 2hr from my house.

hanuta44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hanuta44

Mine is stuck too in "Shipment information sent to FedEx". No movement since 10/26

I guess I'll email woot support too.

boice818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boice818
hanuta44 wrote:Mine is stuck too in "Shipment information sent to FedEx". No movement since 10/26

I guess I'll email woot support too.

Nov. 13 and I'm still waiting. Thought for sure I'd have these to take to a friend's house day after thanksgiving. Now I'm not so sure.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

boice818 wrote:Nov. 13 and I'm still waiting. Thought for sure I'd have these to take to a friend's house day after thanksgiving. Now I'm not so sure.

Just heard back. They got delayed by that big ol' snow storm in the NE. They should be going out today.

Sorry for the delay.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hanuta44

Thanks for letting us know. I just got the email from support also.

darkaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkaine
hanuta44 wrote:Thanks for letting us know. I just got the email from support also.

Glad some folks posted here, guess I won't message anyone about it now!

hanuta44

My salts are on the way. They left Fedex by Smartpost.