3 2009 Dry Riesling
3 2010 Altruism Pinot Gris
CT links above

Previous offer:
9/3/12 (Plus)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

crazygranny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazygranny

OK, somebody talk me into this. Is it good?

maxh42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxh42
crazygranny wrote:OK, somebody talk me into this. Is it good?

I thought it was very good, on par with bottles I've had that were $15-20+. If I didn't still have half the case left from last time (and that's only because I drink more beer and liquor than wine), I'd buy another.

crazygranny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazygranny
maxh42 wrote:I thought it was very good, on par with bottles I've had that were $15-20+. If I didn't still have half the case left from last time (and that's only because I drink more beer and liquor than wine), I'd buy another.

You talked me into it....thanks!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Generally good deal. I've particularly enjoyed the Freya, but others haven't. The Freya has a strong mineral note that tends toward astringent. To my palate it that component has added some interesting structure, whereas some hove been put off by it. To each his own.

The others are fine everyday drinkers. I've bought the Gård on two previous woot offerings, and have plenty socked away right now.

misswinegirl

quality posts: 19 Private Messages misswinegirl

Last Wooter to Woot:misswinegirl

Going to try this one out!!! Always interested to see how Northwest Riesling differ from those here in Michigan or even NY! Thanks Woot!

608 bottles wooted and counting...along with every cheese, balsamic, oil and now meat woot!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
noslensj wrote:Generally good deal. I've particularly enjoyed the Freya, but others haven't. The Freya has a strong mineral note that tends toward astringent. To my palate it that component has added some interesting structure, whereas some hove been put off by it. To each his own.

The others are fine everyday drinkers. I've bought the Gård on two previous woot offerings, and have plenty socked away right now.

I too, liked the Freyja the best. I really wish they would offer that in a 4 or 6 pack separately.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chrisjump

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrisjump

Anyone know how this compares to the Esterlina Dry Reisling?

Thanks

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I got this when it first came on wine.woot and also thought the Freyja was really good, and the others were decent. Given the price, I think it's a great deal if you need a nice mixed case of well made whites.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

'Twas I who did the dirty deed, but 'twas you-all who talked me into it! (And thanks!)