WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot Cellars Quaffmor

Do we need to tell you how good Woot Cellars Wines can be? This is the one time we're BEGGING you to judge a wine by the label. That cute custom art is the gateway to the sweet sweet Grape 2.0 we all know and love. If you got it once, get more. If you haven't, try it out!
Cameron Hughes official site

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1561 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars Quaffmor

Woot Cellars Quaffmor 2010 Sauvignon Blanc 5-Pack
$54.99
2010 Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc

Previous offer:
10/3/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Hmm... I need to grab my shipment from HAK so I can decide if I want more or not.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

anyone had this from last offer? Is it more ala LMR/Twenty Rows OR gooseberry/grassy (NZ-type_).

Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Hey! I just picked up my order of this, and I love it. It's 2 very different wines in one. Room-temperature, it's fruity-fruit FROOTY. From the fridge, it's crisper and tarter. Nice either way.

curkendall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curkendall

Were anyone else's labels messed up in the last offering? Most of mine had a bunch of air bubbles under the labels. Kind of spoiled the aesthetics of the cool bottle design.

threemoons

curkendall wrote:Were anyone else's labels messed up in the last offering? Most of mine had a bunch of air bubbles under the labels. Kind of spoiled the aesthetics of the cool bottle design.

Nope, never had an issue with the labels on any wine.woot offer...moisture issue?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

curkendall wrote:Were anyone else's labels messed up in the last offering? Most of mine had a bunch of air bubbles under the labels. Kind of spoiled the aesthetics of the cool bottle design.

I remember WD talking about that during the original sale:

Winedavid39 wrote:Yea, these labels are uber cool. But i must admit they were very difficult to apply. We actually had to label them all by hand. Don't be surprised to see a few bubbles in the atmosphere on some of them.

That's fresh WCC air right there. Treasure it. You can probably pierce it with a pin and flatten it out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

curkendall

Ah, thanks for the info, I had missed that. I was more curious than bothered by it... if they were hand labeled I can understand - I've actually done a fair amount of bottle labeling myself.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

curkendall wrote:Ah, thanks for the info, I had missed that. I was more curious than bothered by it... if they were hand labeled I can understand - I've actually done a fair amount of bottle labeling myself.

They're lucky I wasn't helping. They would have been crooked with some upside down even.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

curkendall

ThunderThighs wrote:That's fresh WCC air right there. Treasure it. You can probably pierce it with a pin and flatten it out.

I'll just pretend they're clouds ;)

losthighwayz

threemoons wrote:Hey! I just picked up my order of this, and I love it. It's 2 very different wines in one. Room-temperature, it's fruity-fruit FROOTY. From the fridge, it's crisper and tarter. Nice either way.

thanks for chiming in. would youn say this is more on the tropical fruit end of SB as opposed to gooseberry-NZ types? I am not a big fan of the latter so any info would help

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

about 1/2 of my bottles had labels that were not applied very well. Lots of large air bubbles.

CT

threemoons

losthighwayz wrote:thanks for chiming in. would youn say this is more on the tropical fruit end of SB as opposed to gooseberry-NZ types? I am not a big fan of the latter so any info would help

Well, room-temperature it's very Banana/Kiwi/almost Pineapple thing. Cool it down and it gets tarter; not quite sour gooseberry but you definitely get a "white grapey" tartness in it, a little bit of "dry champagne type" tartness IMO. Does that help?

FWIW, room temperature it goes AMAZING with spicy food; had some with some home-made spicy Bangin' Bart (Indian eggplant thingie) and it was awesome.

Spazfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spazfungus

Anyone in the DC Metro area willing to split this? Or if you have one bottle from the last offering that you're willing to let go, please PM me. Thanks!

bethsingleton22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethsingleton22

I am drinking it cold right now and tasting a lot of lemon, a pucker-worthy amount. Tart, sharp finish. Not tasting much else but I am a wine newbie. I am not loving it. Maybe I'll try again at a warmer temp.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

You should go check out the comments from the original offer. I just quaffed one of these over the weekend and was reminded of the first time I got to try this. And this time I managed to actually share instead of clutching the bottle protectively.

New Zealand style.

Also, I was totally vindicated from when I first claimed "kiwi" when we had this on the RPM tour. People kept doubting me and looking at me like I had 2 heads (instead of 8 arms). But one of my friends (a non-wooter) on Saturday had a first reaction of "kiwi!". Ha.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Itwdswafo wrote:Hmm... I need to grab my shipment from HAK so I can decide if I want more or not.

Oh, was that your wine that I drank? I forgot that it wasn't for me.

Yeah, we gotta figure out how and when to get it to you. Maybe another NYC tasting at some point in the next couple months....

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

wootatoottoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootatoottoot

NZ styley but not as cool and crisp as a great NZ....almost but not quite...a little more fruity without being sweet....deffinitely 2 different wines between ice cold and not quite so chilly....altogether good wind down friday evening ahhhhhhh but not great like Esoterica 2010 which was the best I have had in a long while....really wish I'd bought more!

janu0020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janu0020

I would love to comment on this, but mine still has not even shipped yet from the last offering. Never had a woot order take so long before.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
janu0020 wrote:I would love to comment on this, but mine still has not even shipped yet from the last offering. Never had a woot order take so long before.

Hi there!
For order status concerns, be sure to drop a note to support@woot.com with your name and order #. Please keep in mind you should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

Just chiming in on the label issue since I have not tried this yet. All 5 of my labels were well applied, with minimal air bubbles.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Glad to see this one back...got 5 the last time...in for 10 this time. By the way, the labels were fine on the first shipment...but more importantly, the contents are excellent! I've always been happy with Woot releases, but knowing that Cam Hughes is involved seals the deal.

losthighwayz

tonycyndy wrote:Glad to see this one back...got 5 the last time...in for 10 this time. By the way, the labels were fine on the first shipment...but more importantly, the contents are excellent! I've always been happy with Woot releases, but knowing that Cam Hughes is involved seals the deal.

Is this similar to twenty rows or tmr sauv blancs previously offered here?

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

If anyone in NH is willing to share a bottle - I definitely want one just for coolness factor! The wine collection is currently too full for five though...

gwg66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
wordek wrote:If anyone in NH is willing to share a bottle - I definitely want one just for coolness factor! The wine collection is currently too full for five though...

Can do, I still have a few left over from the original offer & 5 more inbound from WD on this offer. PM me if you still want a bottle. I am in Southeast NH.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

that's interesting! do you mean it tasted of kiwi, or it tasted like a NZ-styl wine where the people are known sometimes as "kiwis"? A NZ style Sauv Blanc tastes a lot of gooseberries!

cheron98 wrote:You should go check out the comments from the original offer. I just quaffed one of these over the weekend and was reminded of the first time I got to try this. And this time I managed to actually share instead of clutching the bottle protectively.

New Zealand style.

Also, I was totally vindicated from when I first claimed "kiwi" when we had this on the RPM tour. People kept doubting me and looking at me like I had 2 heads (instead of 8 arms). But one of my friends (a non-wooter) on Saturday had a first reaction of "kiwi!". Ha.