mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
Toffeeking wrote:For those that prefer the Bites. We will see if Brandini and the wine.woot Gods can come together for something in the future.

And the toppers too.

IMHO, a bundle of:

- 1lb (or 2lbs) of Brandini
- Bag of Toppers
- Container of Bites

would be the holy grail..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
Toffeeking wrote:Ah... Duh! This is a gift that will make a everlasting impression. That is what we have been told. Only problems is that they will expect it every year...and if your don't one year, than they will think something must be wrong.

Will the poppers stay that long? I know the toffee will.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mschauber

artulo wrote:When removing it from the foil bags and the tin you could tell that the toffee was individual pieces, but they were all fused together. Even after it warmed up and I banged the toffee on the counter to break it up the consistency was not the same as pre-freezing some months earlier. It was much wetter/stickier and had lost the crispness from when it was fresh.

Just stating what happened to me, of course YMMV. The toffee was delicious when it came, but I personally wouldn't recommend storing it for a long time.

Not to turn this into a science lesson, but what you're talking about is chemistry 101. When the water in the chocolate freezes, the hydrogen molecules form a bond that causes the pieces to feel frozen together. If you remove it from the freezer, open the air tight bag, and let it warm, the bond will be broken and the moisture (stickiness) will evaporate, leaving you with Brandini that is as fresh as the day you received it.

Of course you can do like I did, which is to keep it in the freezer and simply use physics (brute force) to pull a couple of pieces off to eat whenever you feel like it, leaving the remainder frozen waiting for your next craving

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
kylemittskus wrote:Will the poppers stay that long? I know the toffee will.

Yes! Not outside in the sun, but left in a cool dry place unopened, no problem.

Toffeeking

fgarriel wrote:Thanks! I don't mind it being rich, sweet and awesome. I just need to be able to log it. I literally punched a cake yesterday because I was pissed that I couldn't eat it (because I didn't know what it would "cost" me).

Working on getting this posted.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Toffeeking wrote:Working on getting this posted.

Awesome, thank you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

xibbumbero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xibbumbero

DON'T DO IT. The stuff is like crack.
Okay, but this is my last order. X

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

PROTIP: For all of you who plan to store this in the fridge/freezer... The toffee bites taste much better if you let it come to room temperature before eating. I take a few pieces out and put on a plate for 45min-1hour before munching. This also allows me to limit myself and not eat the whole box at once...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:I know these comments were most likely in jest, but since chocolate can kill both dogs and cats,they sshouldn't be fed even a tiny bit of chocolate.

I know at least some dogs can definitely tolerate some chocolate. Now I agree that you shouldn't purposely feed it to them, because at the very least it may still make them sick, however, my friend's golden retriever ate an entire container of homemade chocolate chip cookies (at least 3 dozen cookies were left) that my wife and I brought to an engagement party last year. Bubba was sick for about a day and a half, but survived relatively unscathed.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

mschauber wrote:And the toppers too.

IMHO, a bundle of:

- Bag of Toppers
- Container of Bites

+1

2 lb TOffee
1 bag toppers
1 container bites

Retail $65.85
Suggested woot price $39.99

Sold x3.

My CT

Toffeeking

Sorry for the delay...Here are the nutritional facts! Probably not the best diet food...Unless it's a sugar based diet.

Brandini Toffee Ingredients
http://bit.ly/QuEkHf

Almond Cashew Ingredients
http://bit.ly/QuMSxH

Peanut Poppers Ingredients
http://bit.ly/WFcpaW

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

IMHO, a bundle of:

- Bag of Toppers
- Container of Bites

This is the last one I bought:

http://wine.woot.com/offers/brandini-artisan-toffee-dec-08

The price then was $30. I bought 3.

Toffeeking

Trying this again with links...

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
Toffeeking wrote:Remember your dog can only eat small quantities because of the chocolate .

I usually take the chocolate for myself. Only so much sharing for the dog.

Although at 95 pounds, he can probably handle a little chocolate.

Now if we can find a way to get his pills into the toffee, everyone will be happy. That damn dog seems to find the pills in anything we hide them in. The only thing left after Brandini is lip smacking.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
Toffeeking wrote:Sorry for the delay...Here are the nutritional facts! Probably not the best diet food...Unless it's a sugar based diet.

Welcome back BW. Are the peanut poppers something not offered on your site (or anywhere else)?

Toffeeking

Last wooter to woot:polarbear22

Woohoo! Thanks Polarbear!

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
Toffeeking wrote:Last wooter to woot:polarbear22

Woohoo! Thanks Polarbear!

Thank you. And keep coming back.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Toffeeking

time2testit wrote:Welcome back BW. Are the peanut poppers something not offered on your site (or anywhere else)?

Hi BF! Yes, right now at the shop or at Nordstrom's. Will have them online soon. Hope all is well.

time2testit

Toffeeking wrote:Hi BF! Yes, right now at the shop or at Nordstrom's. Will have them online soon. Hope all is well.

Hmmmm then EVERYONE on Woot should be buying these...

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

Hey Toffeeking, thanks for posting the nutritional information. Can you give us an estimate as to what a 2 oz serving of toffee looks like? One large piece? Two Bites-sized pieces?

Also, another vote for a bundle comprised of toffee, bites, and toppers. Mmmmmm

fgarriel

quality posts: 20 Private Messages fgarriel
Toffeeking wrote:Trying this again with links...

Great, thanks.

Just to update others with what I assume is the normal portion size...

Entire box of toffee = 2560 calories.

Entire bag of Almond-Cashew Poppers = 1880 calories

Entire bag of Peanut Poppers = 1920 calories

So assuming you eat 1/3 of each for each of your three meals, that's only 6360 calories, which I think fits neatly in my diet if I work some numbers. Yep, just 8.25 hours on an elliptical and I'm breaking even.

fgarriel

quality posts: 20 Private Messages fgarriel
lnljuly wrote:Can you give us an estimate as to what a 2 oz serving of toffee looks like?

It looks like 1/8 of the box

It should be roughly the same size as a standard Hershey bar.

time2testit

lnljuly wrote:Hey Toffeeking, thanks for posting the nutritional information. Can you give us an estimate as to what a 2 oz serving of toffee looks like? One large piece? Two Bites-sized pieces?

Also, another vote for a bundle comprised of toffee, bites, and toppers. Mmmmmm

Since the bites and toppers are basically smaller bits of the regular size toffee, for a future Woot offering I'd actually prefer 1 toffee, 1 bites or toppers and 1 peanut butter/choc poppers.

Ylena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ylena

In for three.

I literally had dreams about the toffee, it is THAT good.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mschauber wrote:Wow, you have unbelievable self control (or some sort of bank level timed lock on your fridge ;))

self control, they are great with a nice glass of WW Cab.

fredrinaldi

IMHO, a bundle of:

- Bag of Toppers
- Container of Bites

Toppers are killer, I'm afraid to go in the store tomorrow, I'll be like a kid in a candy store

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fredrinaldi wrote:self control, they are great with a nice glass of WW Cab.

Saves me the pairing question, thank you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

fredrinaldi

inkycatz wrote:Saves me the pairing question, thank you!

your welcome, I really am looking forward to going to their store tomorrow. too bad I can't post pix's

mschauber

fredrinaldi wrote:self control, they are great with a nice glass of WW Cab.

I've been on a medication induced alcohol free (well almost) diet for a while now. Sucks b/c a glass a week is about all I can manage.

So I'll have to pair some Brandini with the salty tears of another losing year for the Cubs, the Yankees somehow hitting the off switch just in time for the playoffs (and still beat the O's, thank god for small favors,) and the havoc all these damn football games cause to regularly scheduled tv.

--
My CT

time2testit

Woot leaders: How do you come up with the "list price" on this? From my calculation the list price of 1 lb toffee is $23.95 and the poppers are $14.95 each, which totals $53.85. Just wondering. (Of course I still bought!)

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar
time2testit wrote:Woot leaders: How do you come up with the "list price" on this? From my calculation the list price of 1 lb toffee is $23.95 and the poppers are $14.95 each, which totals $53.85. Just wondering. (Of course I still bought!)

You could be forgetting sales tax and S&H from the manufacturer?

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc
North316 wrote:+1

2 lb TOffee
1 bag toppers
1 container bites

Retail $65.85
Suggested woot price $39.99

Sold x3.

Yes, please. The Poppers are good, but they don't hold a candle to Brandini Bites.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

mschauber

Supersugar wrote:You could be forgetting sales tax and S&H from the manufacturer?

I know the Amazon trickery works, but it's just plain wrong. List price should not include shipping & tax. Neither are included in the Woot price. So they are telling you to ignore tax and shipping you pay to woot, but they will include in list prices (without making that clear) so you think you're getting a better deal than you really are.

This is what companies do when they shift their business model from high discounts to high profit.

This is a destructive policy that has the potential to alienate a lot of old and existing customers.

You're best bet is to ignore all listed list prices and do your own research.

--
My CT

North316

mschauber wrote:I know the Amazon trickery works, but it's just plain wrong. List price should not include shipping & tax. Neither are included in the Woot price. So they are telling you to ignore tax and shipping you pay to woot, but they will include in list prices (without making that clear) so you think you're getting a better deal than you really are.

This is what companies do when they shift their business model from high discounts to high profit.

This is a destructive policy that has the potential to alienate a lot of old and existing customers.

You're best bet is to ignore all listed list prices and do your own research.

Actually you are wrong. Tax IS included in the woot price (we don't pay any additional taxes (you do on Amazon, but not on woot). While I don't agree with the new list price, according to WD it actually includes vendor estimated shipping LESS the $5 woot shipping price.

I do still think it is misleading and a ploy to increase list prices and therefore discount percentages though.

My CT

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

These are illegal in my house. I had to institute a ban. Last time I ordered 3 and ate them all myself. They are so good but no can do!

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

how do these ship? I'm afraid with some of the warmer weather it will melt?

fredrinaldi

went to the street fair in Palm Springs and guess who had a booth??? ah ya,.... Brandini!! talked to one of their sisters, nice folks, they love Wine Woot.

fredrinaldi

mschauber wrote:I've been on a medication induced alcohol free (well almost) diet for a while now. Sucks b/c a glass a week is about all I can manage.

So I'll have to pair some Brandini with the salty tears of another losing year for the Cubs, the Yankees somehow hitting the off switch just in time for the playoffs (and still beat the O's, thank god for small favors,) and the havoc all these damn football games cause to regularly scheduled tv.

Know the feeling, my Giants have hit a wall. good season though.

Toffeeking

Thanks for having us! The Brandini family appreciates our wine.woot supporters.

Don't know if we will be able to produce a toffee only woot later this year as our production capabilities may be at the max for the holidays.

For those of you in CA. Costco Laguna, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Tustin II, San Luis Obispo will be carrying our 1 lb toffee box 11/19 - 12/24. Our Poppers are available at 58 Nordstrom's At Home stores now.

Our woot fans are the BEST! We wouldn't be here today without you.

iissurf

quality posts: 22 Private Messages iissurf
inkycatz wrote:In case anyone needs incentive to buy more? Home has storage containers....

This actually sold me... I needed some new snapware containers so I figured I might as well jump on the toffee train since I had free shipping!