chipgreen


quality posts: 190 Private Messages chipgreen
iissurf wrote:So what are the Brandini Bites that everyone is talking about?

Are they just larger toffee squares? I can't really tell by the pictures.



The Brandini Bites are just smaller pieces of toffee than those in the 1 lb. box that is included in this deal. The 1 lb. box has some pretty big chunks but also some smaller pieces.

Sparkles

slavnar


quality posts: 3 Private Messages slavnar

For the same price, I can make 10 pounds of toffee and 10 pounds of the popcorn! I make it every Christmas, and it's always a hit!

fgarriel


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

I'm on a diet for the foreseeable future. Is there nutritional info? I don't mind eating some sweets, but I just want an idea of what I'm getting myself into.

randecarlson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages randecarlson

One question. Where are those salted, chocolate covered caramels? They are the only reason I watch wine.woot!!!

Neotacha


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha
mjc613 wrote:Thanks for letting me know about this. I am not crazy about the Poppers, but I would LOVE the Bites! I am crazy about this toffee! I was looking for a gift earlier today, but I don't dare buy this as the gift, because I wouldn't be able to resist eating it myself.



You could give the poppers and eat the toffee...

rosecentaur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosecentaur
mjc613 wrote:For those of you who don't have the $40 today for this package, or who just want to try the toffee with a smaller purchase, you CAN buy Brandini at a brick and mortar store.



I tried that. Went to the food section of the Nordstrom's in Menlo Park, and the person there had not heard of Brandini. I called Brandini to let them know. I don't know if I should just call every Nordstrom's I'm driving by to confirm or what. I was very disappointed. *sigh*

Programmerman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Programmerman

I've left the toppers (toffee bits) from the last deal frozen and they keep just fine. It's been several months and I can't tell the difference in the taste.

On the one hand, I'd like more toffee in the deal; on the other hand, I trust the popcorn is delicious. It's a good thing the weather finally cooled off - we can get toffee from the Brandinis again!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Toffeeking wrote:The Brandini Toffee will last up to a year frozen and 6 months or more in the frig, again unopened.



I've purchased this twice and my experience has been that the toffee will melt into one giant lump even if unopened and in a freezer. Last time (this was a few years ago now) we had saved some for gifts and both the smaller toffee chunks in the tins and the large pieces in the boxes were inedible.

The first package was delightful. Plan on eating right away, or within a few weeks imo. Don't save it (unless they have changed their packaging to seal better?).


msruru


quality posts: 15 Private Messages msruru

Are you folks crazy buying only one? They make fantastic gifts. My son has begged me for this as his only gift during the holidays.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

The dog started smacking his lips when I told my wife Brandini was back. I have to check to make sure he didn't already order from home.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
randecarlson wrote:One question. Where are those salted, chocolate covered caramels? They are the only reason I watch wine.woot!!!


Yep, and turtle-like pieces as well.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Nope, I haven't seen it in 2-3 days. Running Firefox beta so maybe that's why, I have to update it 1-2x per week but never any issues with woot until now (no disappearing envelopes for me!).

Still fine on 16.0.1 on the mini, and not sure the release on the windoz box, but CONUS really lit up for these!

CT

meljenjon


quality posts: 3 Private Messages meljenjon

Glad to see this is made with sugar and not corn syrup. Does anyone know if the popcorn is non-GMO sourced?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I would really love to partake in these, but I think I will pass this time and save my wallet and waste line. While I do trust everyone that these are absolutely amazing, I just don't think the value is there with 2 popcorn and one toffee. If this were toffee and toppers/bites I would be in. Just gives me more reason to make our family recipe toffee, which I love anyway.

Alas, I will continue to hold out for the salted caramels, and buy 23 boxes when it finally pops up.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

penguin9271


quality posts: 6 Private Messages penguin9271

would love these except for those pesky peanuts....

crimsonsil


quality posts: 1 Private Messages crimsonsil

*Opens woot daily digest email.*

Brandi-

In for 3

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

In case anyone needs incentive to buy more? Home has storage containers....

I'm just hanging out, really.

tilandra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tilandra

Oh my, it looks amazing, but I have just enough dental work that I think my dentist will yell at me if I eat this. And no, it won't work to give it as gifts, because once it gets in my house, I won't let it go.

I will live vicariously through the rest of you. :D

thelecroy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages thelecroy

My wife talked me down to just getting one. She wouldn't have if she didn't have a nut allergy...

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fgarriel wrote:I'm on a diet for the foreseeable future. Is there nutritional info? I don't mind eating some sweets, but I just want an idea of what I'm getting myself into.



Asked for you, unfortunately not on hand here, but those rocking folks at Brandini have been known to come by our forums during a Toffee sale to lure us all into buying, so we'll see what we can get for you on this.

I'm just hanging out, really.

lnljuly


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

I've been waiting and waiting for Brandini, but this offering has too many poppers and not enough toffee for me.

My experience has been that the toffee keeps fresh very well in the freezer.

fgarriel


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel
inkycatz wrote:Asked for you



Thanks! I don't mind it being rich, sweet and awesome. I just need to be able to log it. I literally punched a cake yesterday because I was pissed that I couldn't eat it (because I didn't know what it would "cost" me).

kfujita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

danggit. wine.woot has taken a lot of my money today. couldn't resist the brandini after i noticed the peanut butter popcorn. this was right after i purchased some coffee from the side sale.

at least i have $5 flat shipping for everything. :P

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mschauber wrote:Yeah... Been waiting all summer...

Glad to see my Brandini ladies back again.

In for the max... Damn, thats a lot of money for candy... Well at least it's worth it

Hope you bring the topper to woot again also.

Thank you... Fred, I guess I can stop asking for it, at least for a few months ;)



Knew you would be in on this, actually I'm going to be there today or tomorrow for my free milkshake

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
randecarlson wrote:One question. Where are those salted, chocolate covered caramels? They are the only reason I watch wine.woot!!!



In my frig in the garage, 2 boxes left I always buy the max on those

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
Toffeeking wrote:Through our own test rats, the Cashew & Almond popcorn seems to be the leader of the three varieties we make.

Can't wait to read your thoughts after tasting them.


will you be there today & tomorrow? leaving this am for PS for the street festival tonight, most likely I'll be by Friday noonish

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kfujita wrote:danggit. wine.woot has taken a lot of my money today. couldn't resist the brandini after i noticed the peanut butter popcorn. this was right after i purchased some coffee from the side sale.

at least i have $5 flat shipping for everything. :P


It's a spendy sort of day. But fun that way.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
rosecentaur wrote:I tried that. Went to the food section of the Nordstrom's in Menlo Park, and the person there had not heard of Brandini. I called Brandini to let them know. I don't know if I should just call every Nordstrom's I'm driving by to confirm or what. I was very disappointed. *sigh*



Brandini Toffee is the exclusive producer of 3 varieties of popcorn for Nordstrom. It is co-branded under the "Habits" line, available at 58 "At Home" stores in the USA.
They do not carry our Toffee at this time...Sorry

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
polarbear22 wrote:The dog started smacking his lips when I told my wife Brandini was back. I have to check to make sure he didn't already order from home.



Remember your dog can only eat small quantities because of the chocolate .

brettstr42


quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettstr42

AUTO BUY!!! Can I scream it any louder?

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
fredrinaldi wrote:will you be there today & tomorrow? leaving this am for PS for the street festival tonight, most likely I'll be by Friday noonish



Yes, The store will be open! But, the Brandini Moms are in Del Mar at the Harvest Festival and the kids are still in college. Let them know that you are with WW and you will get your shake.

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
artulo wrote:I've purchased this twice and my experience has been that the toffee will melt into one giant lump even if unopened and in a freezer. Last time (this was a few years ago now) we had saved some for gifts and both the smaller toffee chunks in the tins and the large pieces in the boxes were inedible.

The first package was delightful. Plan on eating right away, or within a few weeks imo. Don't save it (unless they have changed their packaging to seal better?).



You are the first person that we have had that has had the toffee melt into a lump in the freezer...don't know how that could happen.

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
artulo wrote:I've purchased this twice and my experience has been that the toffee will melt into one giant lump even if unopened and in a freezer. Last time (this was a few years ago now) we had saved some for gifts and both the smaller toffee chunks in the tins and the large pieces in the boxes were inedible.

The first package was delightful. Plan on eating right away, or within a few weeks imo. Don't save it (unless they have changed their packaging tl better?).



Your freezer must have warmed for some reason, maybe power outage.. or you had left it in a hot place before putting it in the freezer. This stuff won't melt if kept in a fridge or freezer. It's just not physically or chemically possible for it to melt at those temperatures, you'd find freezer burn if you froze it after opening and left it there for over a year, but not a melted pile of Brandini.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

These make fantastic Christmas presents for the office. If it were closer to Christmas, I'd probably grab two for my wife's office. Maybe I still should? What say you ToffeeKing?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
Toffeeking wrote:Remember your dog can only eat small quantities because of the chocolate .



I know these comments were most likely in jest, but since chocolate can kill both dogs and cats,they sshouldn't be fed even a tiny bit of chocolate.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking

For those that prefer the Bites. We will see if Brandini and the wine.woot Gods can come together for something in the future.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
mschauber wrote:Your freezer must have warmed for some reason, maybe power outage.. or you had left it in a hot place before putting it in the freezer. This stuff won't melt if kept in a fridge or freezer. It's just not physically or chemically possible for it to melt at those temperatures, you'd find freezer burn if you froze it after opening and left it there for over a year, but not a melted pile of Brandini.



When removing it from the foil bags and the tin you could tell that the toffee was individual pieces, but they were all fused together. Even after it warmed up and I banged the toffee on the counter to break it up the consistency was not the same as pre-freezing some months earlier. It was much wetter/stickier and had lost the crispness from when it was fresh.

Just stating what happened to me, of course YMMV. The toffee was delicious when it came, but I personally wouldn't recommend storing it for a long time.

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
fredrinaldi wrote:In my frig in the garage, 2 boxes left I always buy the max on those



Wow, you have unbelievable self control (or some sort of bank level timed lock on your fridge ;))

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
artulo wrote:When removing it from the foil bags and the tin you could tell that the toffee was individual pieces, but they were all fused together. Even after it warmed up and I banged the toffee on the counter to break it up the consistency was not the same as pre-freezing some months earlier. It was much wetter/stickier and had lost the crispness from when it was fresh.

Just stating what happened to me, of course YMMV. The toffee was delicious when it came, but I personally wouldn't recommend storing it for a long time.



I had my boxes stored in the freezer for a couple months. They were as delicious as the first day. I'm worried about the poppers long-term storage.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Toffeeking


quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
kylemittskus wrote:These make fantastic Christmas presents for the office. If it were closer to Christmas, I'd probably grab two for my wife's office. Maybe I still should? What say you ToffeeKing?



Ah... Duh! This is a gift that will make a everlasting impression. That is what we have been told. Only problems is that they will expect it every year...and if your don't one year, than they will think something must be wrong.