zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1651 Private Messages Cesare

Trick or treat!

Brandini Toffee Poppers & Toffee
$39.99 (Normally $60.65) 34% off List Price
(1) Brandini Toffee, 1 lb.
(1) Brandini Chocolate Peanut Butter Poppers, 14oz.
(1) Brandini Cashew Almond Poppers, 14oz.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Oh My Gookie!! THEY'RE BACK!!! So Good So Good! Some pretty damn good stuff right here. It's definitely worth the money. Tempted to buy Three

Did I mention these are good?

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Wow. My first first sucker!!!

Cesare

CowboyDann wrote:Oh My Gookie!! THEY'RE BACK!!! So Good So Good! Some pretty damn good stuff right here. It's definitely worth the money. Tempted to buy Three

Did I mention these are good?

No. Are they good?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

CAGrl wrote:Wow. My first first sucker!!!

Congrats! A nice one to get it on.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Oh my! It's finally fall and the Thursday foodie gods are speaking. Had these for the first time at WD's rpm party. I then understood the hubub. These and salted caramels, to die for.

CT

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

No freaking way. I finally will get in on the poppers before they are sold out! yay for work keeping me up all night. I asked, and the Woot Gods answered!!! Roll Tide!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

In a word.... Yum!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
Cesare wrote:Congrats! A nice one to get it on.

Totally agree. Wasn't even trying since I'm on my phone and I Internet is down at the house. Very happy about the poppers. Of course had to be in for 2. Would have been in for the max but had to buy some wine on the woot plus deal instead.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

These arrive beautifully packaged; quality so lush that they are indeed executive gift material, so if you've got a boss to impress, this IS the perfect gift to show up with at Thanksgiving. Luxe, luxe, luxe!

dkipling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkipling

How long will these keep? Will they stay fresh til Chrismas?

gina3graces

dkipling wrote:How long will these keep? Will they stay fresh til Chrismas?

From the description: Refrigerate for 6 weeks or freeze for 6 months with no diminished flavor.

dkipling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkipling
gina3graces wrote:From the description: Refrigerate for 6 weeks or freeze for 6 months with no diminished flavor.

Thanks! Just being optimistic. I'm sure they will probably be gobbled up before then.

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

Uhm, yeah sold. These are amazing.

FYI, the popcorn won't last 10 minutes, it is deadly addictive.

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

Also, I just spent $80 on candy, what is wrong with me?

gina3graces

Wow, as good as they were before, the description states the formula has been improved with input from the Marie Calendar's team and the chocolate supplier itself.

Very interesting and this creates new interest in an already delicious product. FEED ME NOW!!!

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz

I love the Brandini's! Such a great story of how they began creating a very addicting product. 3 for me and I'd double the order if I possible.

chipgreen

Off-Topic, I miss the sales map.

EDIT: also, for those interested in the new discount calculation, I double-checked it and it works out perfectly. You would pay $14.95 apiece for the Poppers, $23.95 for the 1 lb Toffee plus around $11.89 shipping = $65.74.

However, on the Brandini website they have a similar bundle on sale, the difference being that you get a 1/2 lb of Brandini Bites instead of 1 of the 14 oz Poppers. It's regularly $49.85 on sale for $40.95. With shipping it comes to $52.84 for me. Although I'd prefer the Brandini Bites to the second bag of Poppers, it's probably not worth an extra $7.85 to me.

Decisions...

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking

Wooooot!. GREAT to be back with our people.

One correction I noticed on the description of the peanut butter popcorn.

The toffee is mixed with chopped peanuts at the end of the cooking process, this mixture is then hand stirred into the popcorn. Then during the cooling process dark chocolate is drizzled in top of the popcorn.

[MOD: It's been fixed!]

Toffeeking

dkipling wrote:How long will these keep? Will they stay fresh til Chrismas?

The popcorn probably will, but we have not actually had any fans let it last that long... left in an unopened bag in a cool spot...not the frig.

The Brandini Toffee will last up to a year frozen and 6 months or more in the frig, again unopened.

Toffeeking

chipgreen wrote:Off-Topic, I miss the sales map.

Toffeeking

Through our own test rats, the Cashew & Almond popcorn seems to be the leader of the three varieties we make.

Can't wait to read your thoughts after tasting them.

chipgreen

Toffeeking wrote:Like

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the incredibly delicious confections!

ksmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksmm

Yum! So glad these are back. The popcorn versions sound amazing. In for two. As someone else said, spending $80 for candy is crazy! But so easy to rationalize for this quality "food."

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I was in Indian Wells in September for an IEEE 802 meeting, when it hit 109, but fortunately the week after the high humidity.

Picked up 2 1-pound boxes of the toffee from Costco, and a couple of the bags of the popcorn from the retail store. I don't eat chocolate, but I had fun passing out samples to the gang (and I did end up nibbling on the popcorn). Ended up only going through one box, so I gave the other to one of the staff.

Yeah, it's good. Really good. It has been compared to crack in previous offerings.

BTW, how are the kids? Cal Poly (my college) and ???

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

iissurf

quality posts: 26 Private Messages iissurf

I'll have to pass this time but I bookmarked the site for possible Christmas presents. Very interesting background story on the company! I'll definitely help out a (future) alum!

Bear Down, Arizona!

Toffeeking

JOATMON wrote:I was in Indian Wells in September for an IEEE 802 meeting, when it hit 109, but fortunately the week after the high humidity.

Picked up 2 1-pound boxes of the toffee from Costco, and a couple of the bags of the popcorn from the retail store. I don't eat chocolate, but I had fun passing out samples to the gang (and I did end up nibbling on the popcorn). Ended up only going through one box, so I gave the other to one of the staff.

Yeah, it's good. Really good. It has been compared to crack in previous offerings.

BTW, how are the kids? Cal Poly (my college) and ???

Both Leah & Brandon at graduating college in the spring. Leah a business major, Brandon in communications @ Arizona. Thanks for asking!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hmmmm, it's there for me. Try refreshing the page.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:Wow. My first first sucker!!!

Congrats! See you at the Hallowoot party?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

EDIT: also, for those interested in the new discount calculation, I double-checked it and it works out perfectly. You would pay $14.95 apiece for the Poppers, $23.95 for the 1 lb Toffee plus around $11.89 shipping = $65.74.

However, on the Brandini website they have a similar bundle on sale, the difference being that you get a 1/2 lb of Brandini Bites instead of 1 of the 14 oz Poppers. It's regularly $49.85 on sale for $40.95. With shipping it comes to $52.84 for me. Although I'd prefer the Brandini Bites to the second bag of Poppers, it's probably not worth an extra $7.85 to me.

Decisions...

Thanks for letting me know about this. I am not crazy about the Poppers, but I would LOVE the Bites! I am crazy about this toffee! I was looking for a gift earlier today, but I don't dare buy this as the gift, because I wouldn't be able to resist eating it myself.

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

I went straight Cookie Monster on the last Brandini deal....step away from Brandini bag sir, step away from the bag! Yeah, it's that good! Question is just 1 or 2? I still have some of the poppers left over from the last deal and they're still fresh - been a couple months at least too. My only complaint "Been awhile since you been back"

come2thedarkside

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

For those of you who don't have the $40 today for this package, or who just want to try the toffee with a smaller purchase, you CAN buy Brandini at a brick and mortar store.

iissurf

quality posts: 26 Private Messages iissurf

So what are the Brandini Bites that everyone is talking about?

Are they just larger toffee squares? I can't really tell by the pictures.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Yeah... Been waiting all summer...

Glad to see my Brandini ladies back again.

In for the max... Damn, thats a lot of money for candy... Well at least it's worth it

Hope you bring the topper to woot again also.

Thank you... Fred, I guess I can stop asking for it, at least for a few months ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

runner0382

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382

This seems expensive. Costcos in the Bay Area carry fantastic locally made artisan toffee that's the best I've tasted for $12.95/lb and the people demoing work for the company and are usually family members. So comparatively, here, you're paying an extra $27 for 28oz of fancy popcorn. Yes, it's a splurge and a luxury good of a sort, but $40 for 44oz of food, regardless of its "retail" price, seems a bit much.

Would love to try the other products, though - maybe they'll be back with them. Nice intro to the brand.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
iissurf wrote:So what are the Brandini Bites that everyone is talking about?

Are they just larger toffee squares? I can't really tell by the pictures.

I know right? I keep hearing about them, and after my order of 2, Ill know about them too!

Neal K Bharadwaj

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

Bummer, this is the one item i have been waiting for recently and i dont have any money....UGH.... I really want this too.. so who wants to buy me some??

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

chipgreen

mjc613 wrote:Thanks for letting me know about this. I am not crazy about the Poppers, but I would LOVE the Bites! I am crazy about this toffee! I was looking for a gift earlier today, but I don't dare buy this as the gift, because I wouldn't be able to resist eating it myself.

Yeah, I'm also more about the toffee than the Poppers but it's all good! I've eaten so much of the toffee at one sitting that I started to feel queasy one time (ok, a couple times!).

chipgreen

ThunderThighs wrote:Hmmmm, it's there for me. Try refreshing the page.

Nope, I haven't seen it in 2-3 days. Running Firefox beta so maybe that's why, I have to update it 1-2x per week but never any issues with woot until now (no disappearing envelopes for me!).