WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Case the Joint

Oh, and you specifically target houses with wine cellars, huh? You're clearly a man with a rap sheet the size of North America after my own heart! So, what are you doing tonight? Wanna get together and sample a few of these … of course. You're busy robbing places. Well, rain check then.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare

Case Deals

Cycles Gladiator Mixed Red Case
$99.99 (Normally $182.00) 45% off List Price
4 2010 Cycles Gladiator California Cabernet Sauvignon
4 2010 Cycles Gladiator Petite Sirah
4 2011 Cycles Gladiator Lodi Zinfandel
Previous offer: 9/7/12

Tasi 2009 California Merlot Case
$89.99 (Normally $253.30) 64% off List Price
2009 Tasi California Merlot
Previous offer: 8/6/12

Healdsburg Ranches 2008 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon Case
$105.99 (Normally $190.42) 44% off List Price
2008 Healdsburg Ranches Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon
Previous offer: 7/9/12

St. Julian Winery 2010 Pinot Grigio Case
$99.99 (Normally $207.00) 52% off List Price
2010 Pinot Grigio
Previous offer: 4/9/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2

Anyone try the Healdsburg Cab? And, what does everyone think about the screw-top vs. cork? From what I've read, the screw-top may even be better. What is the consensus here?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
benyust2 wrote:Anyone try the Healdsburg Cab? And, what does everyone think about the screw-top vs. cork? From what I've read, the screw-top may even be better. What is the consensus here?

Huge debate. Long story short, if you're drinking the wine within 5 years, it doesn't matter. Longer than that, the research is still being done.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

last offer of the cycles gladiator case was same price, but "normal" $144, not the $182 for this deal.

$216 previous "normal" for the Tasi case, not 244.

last offer of the healdsberg cab was same offer price, but just 20% off of $132 "normal" price.

Did all the list prices go up in the meantime?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
joelsisk wrote:last offer of the cycles gladiator case was same price, but "normal" $144, not the $182 for this deal.

$216 previous "normal" for the Tasi case, not 244.

last offer of the healdsberg cab was same offer price, but just 20% off of $132 "normal" price.

Did all the list prices go up in the meantime?

It's because woot is adding the tax and shipping costs to the "normal" list price. (Response in both threads.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

heeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heeed

I have a half case down stairs. Fine as an everyday drinker. Well worth the price.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Damnit Gladiator, give me a case of Cab, don't want the others

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
fredrinaldi wrote:Damnit Gladiator, give me a case of Cab, don't want the others

+1

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999

Re: Healdsburg Ranches Cabernet - what say you all? Have seen one positive comment - any others with experience / opinions?

djlund999

heeed wrote:I have a half case down stairs. Fine as an everyday drinker. Well worth the price.

Have a case of... which of the wines? (Asusming Healdsburg Cab, but can't tell.)

fredrinaldi

Tasi:
Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

Healdsburg (free shipping)
Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

djlund999

montegobayjr wrote:+1

+1 more

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

Was about to click on the gladiator, but then I saw the ct. No reviews on anything but the ps, and that had one that was dismal. I'm guessing too young, but at this price for a case I need something that's ready now.

fredrinaldi

eluofthenine wrote:Was about to click on the gladiator, but then I saw the ct. No reviews on anything but the ps, and that had one that was dismal. I'm guessing too young, but at this price for a case I need something that's ready now.

their cab is excellent, the others I don't care about

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:their cab is excellent, the others I don't care about

Is there a Cab you don't like?

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
eluofthenine wrote:Was about to click on the gladiator, but then I saw the ct. No reviews on anything but the ps, and that had one that was dismal. I'm guessing too young, but at this price for a case I need something that's ready now.

Beware of relying to heavily on CT. Reviews can range from helpful to useless. I bought this mixed case before. If you are a big red wine fan like me, I think you will enjoy this wine. Its a good QPR. Also, I don't know that this wine will improve with age.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Cycles Gladiator is one of the labels produced by the Hahn family operation. Most Hahn wines I have tried, including the Gladiator PS, are very approachable, easy to drink. All of the ones that I've had strike me as "drink now", which is consistent with what Hahn reps have said in woot discussions. Almost without fail they've been well-balanced with both heat and acidity in check and integrated and smooth structure. All of the ones I've had have definitely been more forward, but without being fruit and oak bombs. I’ve generally found them to be solid and good value for my tastes. Their price points are usually close to what I’m looking for, and they’ve been good enough that I generally consider the Hahn association to be a strong plus for me in making a buying decision. About a year ago I got some cab franc that I thought was wonderful – one of my favorite purchases ever.

They’re not spectacular but solid value for the money – making nice general drinkers. Easy stuff to bring to party.

With all of that being said, I opened one bottle of the Gladiator PS less than a week after it arrived. I thought it a bit disjointed. More bite and heat and the flavor seemed a bit sharp to me. Improved with aeration. That could easily be due to not having time to settle down after transit. I’ll probably pull out one of my remaining bottles some time before the end of the year just to see if it has settled down some.

Note that my decision to hold it until the end of the year does not mean that I'm cellaring it for awhile. I still consider this a drink-now offering; I'm just giving it a bit more time to settle down.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
noslensj wrote:Cycles Gladiator is one of the labels produced by the Hahn family operation. Most Hahn wines I have tried, including the Gladiator PS, are very approachable, easy to drink. All of the ones that I've had strike me as "drink now", which is consistent with what Hahn reps have said in woot discussions. Almost without fail they've been well-balanced with both heat and acidity in check and integrated and smooth structure. All of the ones I've had have definitely been more forward, but without being fruit and oak bombs. I’ve generally found them to be solid and good value for my tastes. Their price points are usually close to what I’m looking for, and they’ve been good enough that I generally consider the Hahn association to be a strong plus for me in making a buying decision. About a year ago I got some cab franc that I thought was wonderful – one of my favorite purchases ever.

They’re not spectacular but solid value for the money – making nice general drinkers. Easy stuff to bring to party.

With all of that being said, I opened one bottle of the Gladiator PS less than a week after it arrived. I thought it a bit disjointed. More bite and heat and the flavor seemed a bit sharp to me. Improved with aeration. That could easily be due to not having time to settle down after transit. I’ll probably pull out one of my remaining bottles some time before the end of the year just to see if it has settled down some.

Note that my decision to hold it until the end of the year does not mean that I'm cellaring it for awhile. I still consider this a drink-now offering; I'm just giving it a bit more time to settle down.

I think you're spot-on with your assessment of Hahn family wines and I have also greatly enjoyed their Cab Franc.

treva729

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treva729

Any thoughts on the Tasi Merlot?

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04
fredrinaldi wrote:Damnit Gladiator, give me a case of Cab, don't want the others

Funny because I bought this mixed case and the cab has been my least favorite so far. Was like drinking pennies. Maybe a bad bottle?

Liked the Petite Sirah well enough after aerating. Haven't tried the Zin.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
treva729 wrote:Any thoughts on the Tasi Merlot?

IMHO, this is a steal at $8/bottle. A nice light, easy drinking Merlot that's perfect for when you just want to kick back, with or without food. You won't find any complexity here, but far better than most house reds or grocery store cheapies.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

wings2004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wings2004

Anyone get good shipping info on the Merlot yet? Mine has been sitting on "Shipping information sent to Fedex" on 26 October with an estimated ship date of the same day and it hasn't moved a bit yet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wings2004 wrote:Anyone get good shipping info on the Merlot yet? Mine has been sitting on "Shipping information sent to Fedex" on 26 October with an estimated ship date of the same day and it hasn't moved a bit yet.

I'm gonna guess the estimated ship date was a shot in the dark by FedEx rather than info given by the Winery. It's just now two weeks since the sale launched so let's give it another week.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders