WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fashionably Late for Grenache Day

September 12th was International Grenache Day, a celebration of the most-planted grape on the planet. Since you missed the celebration, send these wines to Grenache so it won't be miffed that you forgot. Merlot hasn't called since you forgot its International Day in 2006. 

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1585 Private Messages Cesare

Grenache Day

Clos LaChance 2008 Estate Grenache 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $109.20) 45% off List Price
2008 Estate Grenache
Previous offer: 7/23/12 (Plus)

Broc Cellars 2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $106.55) 39% off List Price
2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache
Previous offer: 9/5/12

Ethan Wines Edna Valley 2008 Grenache 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $120.32) 42% off List Price
2008 Ethan Wines Edna Valley Grenache
Previous offer: 5/12/12

Georgetown Divide 2009 Rouge Grenache 4-Pack
$44.99 (Normally $73.94) 39% off List Price
2009 Rouge Grenache
Previous offer: 9/7/12 (Plus)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Argghh Broc Cellars again...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tercerowines

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tercerowines

If only I knew . . .

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tercerowines wrote:If only I knew . . .

I was thinking that someone was missing from the offer.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:Argghh Broc Cellars again...

yea, this Broc Grenache is solid.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Anyone had the rogue? Where is el dorado ava? Anyway, looks refreshing and tasty with the grenache/tempranillo blend!

"The older I get the better I was"

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Wow, two of my favorite wineries offered on Woot - Broc and Ethan. What to do?!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

tytiger58

Winedavid39 wrote:yea, this Broc Grenache is solid.

+ infinity...anyone want to split or take one or two bottles? I have already bought Broc twice...although I imagine I will buy again this is good juice.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tercerowines wrote:If only I knew . . .

Oh come on...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

tercerowines

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tercerowines
neilfindswine wrote:Oh come on...

I KNOW that you've tried to get me on board and I owe you a call . . . and wine.woot should most likely see some tercero up in the 'plus' category sometime soon . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tercerowines wrote:I KNOW that you've tried to get me on board and I owe you a call . . . and wine.woot should most likely see some tercero up in the 'plus' category sometime soon . . .

Cheers!

...thank you sir. Gonna hold ya to it!

kylemittskus

tercerowines wrote:I KNOW that you've tried to get me on board and I owe you a call . . . and wine.woot should most likely see some tercero up in the 'plus' category sometime soon . . .

Cheers!

Damn good thing!

tytiger58

Cheers!

Setting aside funds now.....

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

Those of you who live in the Bay Area should definitely check out the Broc Tasting room in Berkley. Right around the corner is the also awesome urban winery Donkey and Goat. Really worth the trip!

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
Winedavid39 wrote:yea, this Broc Grenache is solid.

I got schooled the last time this one came up but it didn't sink in until the following day (partly because I fell asleep in front of the TV that night!). By then the offer had passed, along with my opportunity to purchase.

I was hoping it would come back during the last wootoff but when it didn't, I thought it might be gone for good.

Thanks to neil, tytiger, et.al. for showing me the light and especially to WD for bringing this one back. I'm not in yet but will be before it expires!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:I got schooled the last time this one came up but it didn't sink in until the following day (partly because I fell asleep in front of the TV that night!). By then the offer had passed, along with my opportunity to purchase.

I was hoping it would come back during the last wootoff but when it didn't, I thought it might be gone for good.

Thanks to neil, tytiger, et.al. for showing me the light and especially to WD for bringing this one back. I'm not in yet but will be before it expires!

Broc=quality wines, all around-everything Chris does is special, IMHO. Enjoy.

The Ethan is also top shelf. Winemaker Ethan Lindquist's father is Bob Lindquist, founder/owner/winemaker of Qupé- one of the Godfathers of Central Coast rhones.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
neilfindswine wrote:Broc=quality wines, all around-everything Chris does is special, IMHO. Enjoy.

The Ethan is also top shelf. Winemaker Ethan Lindquist's father is Bob Lindquist, founder/owner/winemaker of Qupé- one of the Godfathers of Central Coast rhones.

Thanks, I picked up the Broc along with the Noceto Sangio, was looking at the Ethan as well but wondering if it might be a bit too tart for my palate. I have free shipping til midnight so will continue to mull it over.

The "all you can ship" program may have put pressure on WCC's margins but judging by my own buying behavior, it was a stroke of genius. I almost never buy only one item from woot now. It's not always multiple wine.woot items but more often than not, it is.

kylemittskus

chipgreen wrote:The "all you can ship" program may have put pressure on WCC's margins but judging by my own buying behavior, it was a stroke of genius. I almost never buy only one item from woot now. It's not always multiple wine.woot items but more often than not, it is.

QFT.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Ordered Broc based on comments from all. Thanks!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

meitreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meitreya

We ordered the rouge just because it looked different. .oh man, so so so bad. it smells and tastes like burnt rubber. I am so disappointed.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

meitreya wrote:We ordered the rouge just because it looked different. .oh man, so so so bad. it smells and tastes like burnt rubber. I am so disappointed.

Yikes- that wine is not supposed to smell or taste like that. Please email support@woot.com to get that resolved.