Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, yes! Wanted to make sure Itwdswafo didn't abscond with my wine once it arrived at our wine lockers.

And I thought you actually had!! lol...

Edit: Sparky!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Guilty

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Waiting to test the theory at a woot karaoke gathering.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Bad day at work followed by bad night of wine coupled with bad baby night so far.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Aww, you need to find at least some good wine. Also woot karaoke would be awesome, except that I cant sing in key just a fair warning.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Actually, I can sing. So can the Octocat.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:Bad day at work followed by bad night of wine coupled with bad baby night so far.

So sorry to hear about your travails. With Polar Bear's daughter working on a PhD at Portsmouth, and mine just having received a promotion to Assistant VP at Wells Fargo (at age 27), we can assure you that it gets better. Chicken pot pie sans chicken is hopefully a one-time-only aberration. The wine mess, that's another story. Just bad luck. Usually you have a better outcome than that. Hope today goes better.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, I can sing. So can the Octocat.

We know that!! IIRC, so can CJ. The warning is for the rest of us!!

And wasn't there someone else in a choir? Or was that just you and CJ boring ... err, enlightening us with your thrilling discussions of what-ever-it was?

I'm thinking Joat or Ublink also were discussing singing.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:We know that!! IIRC, so can CJ. The warning is for the rest of us!!

And wasn't there someone else in a choir? Or was that just you and CJ boring ... err, enlightening us with your thrilling discussions of what-ever-it was?

Ublink, definitely. Also woopdedo, and bahwm. We could actually put together a pretty decent choral ensemble of wooters. Add wine, and the sky's the limit.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:We know that!! IIRC, so can CJ. The warning is for the rest of us!!

That woulda been me. Ensemble only; no solo.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:Ublink, definitely. Also woopdedo, and bahwm. We could actually put together a pretty decent choral ensemble of wooters. Add wine, and the sky's the limit.

unless you include me, then the floors the limit. My daughter asked me to stop singing to her last week because "you can't sing daddy"

Whatever, the dog seems to enjoy it. He even howls along.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:So sorry to hear about your travails. With Polar Bear's daughter working on a PhD at Portsmouth, and mine just having received a promotion to Assistant VP at Wells Fargo (at age 27), we can assure you that it gets better. Chicken pot pie sans chicken is hopefully a one-time-only aberration. The wine mess, that's another story. Just bad luck. Usually you have a better outcome than that. Hope today goes better.

Congrats to your daughter on her promotion.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:So sorry to hear about your travails. With Polar Bear's daughter working on a PhD at Portsmouth, and mine just having received a promotion to Assistant VP at Wells Fargo (at age 27), we can assure you that it gets better. Chicken pot pie sans chicken is hopefully a one-time-only aberration. The wine mess, that's another story. Just bad luck. Usually you have a better outcome than that. Hope today goes better.

Woot! Congrats to your daughter.

tiger7610

I cant sing either, I think we need a duet of bowtie and myself

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
tiger7610 wrote:I cant sing either, I think we need a duet of bowtie and myself

If I added my gifts we'd have a 3-part (dis)harmony...

(One of my first sentences as a child was apparently "Please mommy no sing," and my voice is no better...)

polarbear22

mother wrote:If I added my gifts we'd have a 3-part (dis)harmony...

(One of my first sentences as a child was apparently "Please mommy no sing," and my voice is no better...)

When my daughter was 4 or so, we were singing carols before Christmas mass. My daughter reached up and covered my mouth and said "Enough, Daddy". I took it as a sign that she inherited my wife's musical ability, rather than my complete lack thereof.

So let's get together and clear the room.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

tiger7610

I like that idea, next large woot gatherings we should have a disharmony group.

chemvictim

I love to sing. I've had good reviews among drunken karaoke-goers. However, I think the true critics are my cats. When I sing, they wake up from their naps and give me their most-concerned faces.

MarkDaSpark

Um, congrats??? Because I thought almost everyone but the tellers were Assistant VP's at banks??

polarbear22

A tip of the hat to the mods.

Way to go. I see troll postings that were marked 10 minutes ago. Before I can decide how to alert them about the postings, they are gone. And likely the included link was malacious. So not just keeping us from getting annoyed, but protecting us.

Great job.

My Cellar

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22 wrote:A tip of the hat to the mods.

Way to go. I see troll postings that were marked 10 minutes ago. Before I can decide how to alert them about the postings, they are gone. And likely the included link was malacious. So not just keeping us from getting annoyed, but protecting us.

Great job.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

ThunderThighs wrote: snipped

Up early. On a Sunday. Thanks.

My Cellar

ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22 wrote:Up early. On a Sunday. Thanks.

More like up late. Been watching some movies. Getting ready to head to bed.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:A tip of the hat to the mods.

Great job.

Are you sure it wasn't the Detroit gang posting about the gathering? I understand that most, but not all were trashed!

MarkDaSpark

Most times Facebook has funny stuff, but today, I found out something sad.

Today is conroo's birthday. Normally, FB shows me whose friend's bday it is, and I just use the quick post. However, for some reason this morning, I went to her page. And looking at some of her birthday posts, I was wondering about some. And as I read, I was saddened to learn that she had passed away on Sept. 30th.

Then I thought, did anyone post about it here and I missed it? Doing the search, it appears not.

So with great sadness at losing a fellow Wineaux (and doubly sad at not getting to meet her!), I felt I needed to post this.

Should I post a link to her obituary?

One of her FB friends posted about having a drink for her tonight at 9pm (ET). I just wish I had a PoiZin around the house, it was one of her favorites.

So raise a glass at 9pm (ET) tonight and wish her a Happy Birthday.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Most times Facebook has funny stuff, but today, I found out something sad.

Today is conroo's birthday. Normally, FB shows me whose friend's bday it is, and I just use the quick post. However, for some reason this morning, I went to her page. And looking at some of her birthday posts, I was wondering about some. And as I read, I was saddened to learn that she had passed away on Sept. 30th.

Then I thought, did anyone post about it here and I missed it? Doing the search, it appears not.

So with great sadness at losing a fellow Wineaux (and doubly sad at not getting to meet her!), I felt I needed to post this.

One of her FB friends posted about having a drink for her tonight at 9pm (ET). I just wish I had a PoiZin around the house, it was one of her favorites.

Very sad. Cheers to the memory of a fellow wineaux/wooter!

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
kylemittskus wrote:Very sad. Cheers to the memory of a fellow wineaux/wooter!

When I saw the post for her birthday I thought "oh , yeah, I haven't seen many posts from Connie for awhile" Duh.

Sigh. Cheers to Connie. She has a lot of people missing her today.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Most times Facebook has funny stuff, but today, I found out something sad.

That's too bad.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

Thank you for posting this. What a wonderful community this is.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sparky, thank you for letting us know about conroo.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

A toast to one our own. Thanks
Sparky. Conroo will be missed around here.