mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:Whole house just shook. Looked upstairs to see if someone was in the house. Looked to see if big bear on the porch. Very confused.

Earthquake in Southern Maine on the news. Yep, I felt my first earthquake in CT.

Wow!! I don't think I have ever heard of an earthquake in Maine before!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow!! I don't think I have ever heard of an earthquake in Maine before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHuxpa4h48]

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHuxpa4h48]

Ha!

You only get one though.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

We've actually felt earthquakes in Buffalo that had their epicenters in Quebec! Pretty crazy--that's over 500 miles away!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Wife is leaving again and is going to miss my birthday, so she had 7 dozen raw oysters flown in today. We had a party in the cul-de-sac with the neighbors this evening. It was a blast.

A friend brought a bottle of homemade Chianti and a bottle of homemade Gewürztraminer.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHuxpa4h48]

Copy Cat!!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Evidently, the Woot-off will be next week. :whew:

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Evidently, the Woot-off will be next week. :whew:

They knew that a woot-off would infringe on my bday activities so they moved it back a week.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

This marks the end of the second night that Emerson has not slept more than 4 hours combined between both nights. She's 9 weeks old and her sleeping is getting worse. SWMBO is a zombie. I'm exhausted, although a bit less than she is (I sleep a bit since I'm back at work and she's not). This is not fun.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:This marks the end of the second night that Emerson has not slept more than 4 hours combined between both nights. She's 9 weeks old and her sleeping is getting worse. SWMBO is a zombie. I'm exhausted, although a bit less than she is (I sleep a bit since I'm back at work and she's not). This is not fun.

How much is she allowed to nap during the day? I'm thinking that she's napping too much during the day.

I think it's too early for teething, but that could also cause her to stay awake at night more. Do you have something to put on her gums?

MarkDaSpark

On the sadder side (or cheering all of you up side), I just checked and I have about 50 "Woot Stuff you Bought" pages to go thru to update my Cellar Tracker. Just glad they aren't all WW orders!!!

12/14/2009 was the last entry, except for the Corison orders (8/18/10, 11/24/10, 12/25/11) and 3/13/12 (Red Zeppelin) for WW orders.

Plus some stuff directly from the wineries when I visited. But not the Wine Club orders. Wakko Talks Faboo! was I thinking???

Edit: And doubly sad? I was First Sucker on the first order I didn't add.

Edit2: And I've never been so glad that Cesare (and others) put in the CT links on each Wine Woot offer!!! Thanks guys and gals!!!

Edit3: Or for the spreadsheet jwhite (and sometimes cheron or I) used to put together showing the cost.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Edit2: And I've never been so glad that Cesare (and others) put in the CT links on each Wine Woot offer!!! Thanks guys and gals!!!

Yes, Kudos to Cesare (and others)!!

It seems my WOOT purchases are the only ones that get entered into Cellar Tracker with any regularity.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

MarkDaSpark

karenhynes wrote:Yes, Kudos to Cesare (and others)!!

It seems my WOOT purchases are the only ones that get entered into Cellar Tracker with any regularity.

Sorry about that!!

And almost had a heart attack. I had actually entered a Woot order from February 2010, except I had 4 of Ty's 2008 Cab, but the order only showed 2. Had checked in that I received 4, so was going did I up the order????

Went to my old account statement for that month, wrote down the charges to WW for those couple of days, and then back to the Woot stuff page.

Lo and behold, there was a Woot-off a day after my initial order, and I bought another order then. So one order from 2/24 and another order on 2/25. Stupidly entered them as one order date on CT. It's now been corrected, and on to the next entry.

Now on page 48, 3 more WW orders (Armida PoiZin, Robert Craig Mt. Veeder Cab, & Verge Syrah) to enter from there!!

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:How much is she allowed to nap during the day? I'm thinking that she's napping too much during the day.

I think it's too early for teething, but that could also cause her to stay awake at night more. Do you have something to put on her gums?

Not teething yet, but the napping thing, we are going to change. She doesn't sleep much during the day (we don't think), but we're going to limit it even more starting today.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Not teething yet, but the napping thing, we are going to change. She doesn't sleep much during the day (we don't think), but we're going to limit it even more starting today.

How much light is in her room at night? Maybe you need a nightlight (or a stronger/lower light)? Could there be a noise that bothers her? Try a different room.

How close to bedtime do you feed her? I want to say that my son slept better the later (and more) he ate (well, drank!).

MarkDaSpark

Okay, done thru June 2010.

Holy Potty Emergency!! Did not remember the Bialla Vineyards 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon 2 pack at $169.99 (plus $7 summer shipping!).

That one is off the table for gatherings!!

Now on page 42 (July/August 2010) with 4 wine orders, but I think the Corison is already in CT.

Except the Corison may have been entered wrong, since it looks like it was a 2002 and 2003, not 2 2003's. And the link is no help (see my rant on the WW Discussion thread about the Troubles).

MarkDaSpark

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:This marks the end of the second night that Emerson has not slept more than 4 hours combined between both nights. She's 9 weeks old and her sleeping is getting worse. SWMBO is a zombie. I'm exhausted, although a bit less than she is (I sleep a bit since I'm back at work and she's not). This is not fun.

All I can suggest is comfy jammies, white noise/ocean sounds on loop all night and next to no light, a pacifier and her own bed away from you. Our kid who's just two weeks older has been sleeping 8-9 hours with some regularity. He's also probably thicker which helps. He's already 14 1/2 pounds.

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:Not teething yet, but the napping thing, we are going to change. She doesn't sleep much during the day (we don't think), but we're going to limit it even more starting today.

Is she sleeping? *poke, poke*

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:All I can suggest is comfy jammies, white noise/ocean sounds on loop all night and next to no light, a pacifier and her own bed away from you. Our kid who's just two weeks older has been sleeping 8-9 hours with some regularity. He's also probably thicker which helps. He's already 14 1/2 pounds.

Mean. Just mean. I would murder someone for 6 straight hours.

She sleeps (not) in her own bed, no light, ambient noise, and swaddled.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Mean. Just mean. I would murder someone for 6 straight hours.

She sleeps (not) in her own bed, no light, ambient noise, and swaddled.

Maybe she needs some light and not being swaddled. She may need to be able to move.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe she needs some light and not being swaddled. She may need to be able to move.

If we don't swaddle her, she has her falling reflex and wakes herself up every few minutes.

mommadeb1

You have my sympathies. .. my 2 are a tween and a teenagers... I still don't sleep thru the night... I am always hearing things that wake me up.... on the bright side, the kids are sleeping thru the night!

edit: mine listened to classical music when they went to bed, and the house was never quiet when they slept... also, mine were wigglers, no swaddling, they needed to move...now they can sleep thru anything!

chemvictim

Parents. I don't know how you do it. Maybe you'll get some sleep in a few years.

chemvictim

Selfish babies

From the comments: "I'm terrified of the karmic reprisal I would no doubt receive in the form of a pain-in-the-ass little Potty Emergency! who will stay up for days and make me wish I was dead."

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Entered this dorm room with 2 cases of wine, leaving with 4. Not sure how that happens... Good news is that only one of the bottles is the same!

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:Entered this dorm room with 2 cases of wine, leaving with 4. Not sure how that happens... Good news is that only one of the bottles is the same!

nice!

mommadeb1

bkarlan wrote:Wife is leaving again and is going to miss my birthday, so she had 7 dozen raw oysters flown in today. We had a party in the cul-de-sac with the neighbors this evening. It was a blast.

A friend brought a bottle of homemade Chianti and a bottle of homemade Gewürztraminer.

Nice!!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:If we don't swaddle her, she has her falling reflex and wakes herself up every few minutes.

maybe you should try to put her to sleep bio-dynamically, bury a horn filled with something in her blankets, spray the crib with something, and do some kind of dance by a full moon, you should be good to go

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

Okay, back to page 35 (Jan 2011), so only 35 pages (and 1.75 years) to go!

And then I get to start on the Wine Club purchases. Oh, and the allocations (VA, Switchback, Turley, etc.). Oy vey!!

On the bright side, I have at least the following verticals:

2004 - 2006 Wellington Victory Reserve

2003 - 2006 Wellington Old Vines Port (with a 2001 as well).

2004 - 2007 Wellington Zin

2004 - 2006 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

Of course, I already knew I have a 1998 to 2009 Turley PS Hayne Vertical.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, back to page 35 (Jan 2011), so only 35 pages (and 1.75 years) to go!

And then I get to start on the Wine Club purchases. Oh, and the allocations (VA, Switchback, Turley, etc.). Oy vey!!

On the bright side, I have at least the following verticals:

2004 - 2006 Wellington Victory Reserve

2003 - 2006 Wellington Old Vines Port (with a 2001 as well).

2004 - 2007 Wellington Zin

2004 - 2006 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

Of course, I already knew I have a 1998 to 2009 Turley PS Hayne Vertical.

Really? No one?

Maybe the 61 Red Fortified and the 11 Sweet/Dessert (LH PS/Zin/Syrahs) will pique interest.

Ok, Breakdown up to 2010 ...

Top 10 Varietals:

Petite Sirah (274 bottles, 19.07%)
Zinfandel (152 bottles, 10.58%)
Red Blend (136 bottles, 9.46%)
Cabernet Sauvignon (135 bottles, 9.39%)
Syrah (70 bottles, 4.87%)
Red Bordeaux Blend (51 bottles, 3.55%)
Pinot Noir (49 bottles, 3.41%)
White Blend (45 bottles, 3.13%)
Merlot (41 bottles, 2.85%)
Port Blend (27 bottles & 3 pending, 2.09%)

And that's not counting the extra Kent Ports I bought, nor the Used Auto Parts Port.

MarkDaSpark

Crap! Crack Toffee is back!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yahoo! Crack Toffee is back!

LMFTFY

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? No one?

Maybe the 61 Red Fortified and the 11 Sweet/Dessert (LH PS/Zin/Syrahs) will peak interest.

Ok, Breakdown up to 2010 ...

Top 10 Varietals:

And that's not counting the extra Kent Ports I bought, nor the Used Auto Parts Port.

The good thing is that since you never drink your wine, you don't have to worry about adding something that you have already consumed.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So dumb question.

I was cleaning out my basement for a garage sale last week and came across an entire case of Tjoothstein the Red. That Potty Emergency! any good anymore?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:So dumb question.

I was cleaning out my basement for a garage sale last week and came across an entire case of Tjoothstein the Red. That Potty Emergency! any good anymore?

I had to look up the correct spelling, but the CT Comments from over a year ago would suggest it's probably done for.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Top 10 Varietals:

That's a lot of PS!

My cellar is dominated by Cab and Bordeaux blends ( 49% together) then a smattering of others: 5.8 Syrah, 4.5 Grenache, 4.5 PN, 4.2 PS

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:I had to look up the correct spelling, but the CT Comments from over a year ago would suggest it's probably done for.

Those comments would be incorrect.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:The good thing is that since you never drink your wine, you don't have to worry about adding something that you have already consumed.

No, there are some that have been consumed. I need to add everything purchased before I can really inventory/sort.

However, since most consumption has been at WW gatherings, I can easily go thru those and see what I brought, if I haven't already shown it consumed.

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:That's a lot of PS!

My cellar is dominated by Cab and Bordeaux blends ( 49% together) then a smattering of others: 5.8 Syrah, 4.5 Grenache, 4.5 PN, 4.2 PS

Not at all, especially since there will be more added from the annual Turley, Vincent Arroyo, & Switchback orders that aren't in there yet.