rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm
Winedavid39 wrote:These wines are from Romania. Brought in and sold by Vampire wines here in the states.

Speaking of Romanian wines: in the early 1980s, an old gentleman brought a bottle of Romanian wine which he said was from before WWII - no label - into an NY liquor store owned by a friend of mine, and asked us to taste and tell him if it was any good, and to tell him what it was, if possible. We were both a bit surprised to find the wine quite good, if past its prime. While we could not be certain what it was, it tasted to me very much like a very old Zinfandel.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
gavspen wrote:Yes, what?

Take a look at my first post and all will be revealed ;-)

Ah. No clue. My yes was to your import question. The grapes, must, or juice is/are imported and bottled in Paso.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

OK Minneapolis people... I bit (pun intended) on one. If you want to take a few of these off my hands, get in touch.
Cheers!

gavspen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gavspen
kylemittskus wrote:Ah. No clue. My yes was to your import question. The grapes, must, or juice is/are imported and bottled in Paso.

Really? And that's more cost effective than just bottling it in Romania and importing the bottles. I guess so ;-)

I wonder if a woot staff member knows anything about the price thing. If it really can be had for $8 a bottle, as the review says, it's not much of a deal.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Actually, according to the bottle shot, the wine is produced and bottled in Dealu Mare, which is indeed a Romanian wine region. So apparently not bulk juice brought in and bottled here...

gavspen wrote:Really? And that's more cost effective than just bottling it in Romania and importing the bottles. I guess so ;-)

I wonder if a woot staff member knows anything about the price thing. If it really can be had for $8 a bottle, as the review says, it's not much of a deal.

kylemittskus

gavspen wrote:I wonder if a woot staff member knows anything about the price thing. If it really can be had for $8 a bottle, as the review says, it's not much of a deal.

$8/bottle x 12 = $96, tax (about $8-$9) and shipping ($lots) not included. This woot is $95 shipped with $0 tax. So, assuming you can get it locally for $8, you're saving about $10 and it gets delivered to your door.

The savings margins are often going to be much less on less expensive wines.

cynthylee

So hey Thunder Thighs or WD what's with the no PM envelope except here and there, but not me? Just trying to get the Minnesota deal going.
Cheers!

gavspen

kylemittskus wrote:$8/bottle x 12 = $96, tax (about $8-$9) and shipping ($lots) not included. This woot is $95 shipped with $0 tax. So, assuming you can get it locally for $8, you're saving about $10 and it gets delivered to your door.

The savings margins are often going to be much less on less expensive wines.

Sure it's something of a saving, but I was referring to the claim that a case costs $157.30. It's not even that much at the companies own website!

cynthylee

gavspen wrote:Sure it's something of a saving, but I was referring to the claim that a case costs $157.30. It's not even that much at the companies own website!

Why don't you just give it up and either buy or don't buy? Sorry to be blunt, but the deal is what it is. It's your choice.
Cheers!

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
cynthylee wrote:So hey Thunder Thighs or WD what's with the no PM envelope except here and there, but not me? Just trying to get the Minnesota deal going.
Cheers!

Hey Cynthy, I sent you a PM (or at least I attempted to.) It appears to have worked successfully since I didn't run into any problems. I'm glad we will have the chance to split some more wine

kylemittskus

gavspen wrote:Sure it's something of a saving, but I was referring to the claim that a case costs $157.30. It's not even that much at the companies own website!

That # includes tax and shipping. Shipping a case of wine is not cheap.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gavspen wrote:I wonder if a woot staff member knows anything about the price thing. If it really can be had for $8 a bottle, as the review says, it's not much of a deal.

Find it online cheaper with shipping and tax, then we'll talk.

cynthylee wrote:So hey Thunder Thighs or WD what's with the no PM envelope except here and there, but not me? Just trying to get the Minnesota deal going.
Cheers!

Hmmmm, I'm not seeing a problem at this moment. I'll try to keep an eye on it. May have been a momentary hiccup.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cynthylee

ThunderThighs wrote:Hmmmm, I'm not seeing a problem at this moment. I'll try to keep an eye on it. May have been a momentary hiccup.

Could it be something with my setup? I still don't see any envelopes. I saw a couple when going through the comments today, but not on everyone including me. I did have one of the Minnesota folks get through to me, so maybe it's a "personal problem?"
Cheers!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cynthylee wrote:Could it be something with my setup? I still don't see any envelopes. I saw a couple when going through the comments today, but not on everyone including me. I did have one of the Minnesota folks get through to me, so maybe it's a "personal problem?"
Cheers!

Well, I'm not going to go into the personal problem thing but I'm seeing them in IE8, FF & Chrome.

Things to try:

Clear out the temps/cache
Restart your browser
Log out and log back in
Try another browser
Lastly, restart your computer

Let me know.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cynthylee

ThunderThighs wrote:Well, I'm not going to go into the personal problem thing but I'm seeing them in IE8, FF & Chrome.

Things to try:

Clear out the temps/cache
Restart your browser
Log out and log back in
Try another browser
Lastly, restart your computer

Let me know.

Signed out and signed back in again, no go. Running IE9. Don't know how to empty the cache. But have heard from one Minnesota person and we'll see what happens on the work computer tomorrow. Now... back to the Vikings losing and another glass of Quaffmor! Hoping my Packers (it's hubby's Vikings) make my evening.
Thanks for the assistance!
Cheers!

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
cynthylee wrote:Running IE9.

Aha! There's your problem....

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
cynthylee wrote:Signed out and signed back in again, no go. Running IE9. Don't know how to empty the cache. But have heard from one Minnesota person and we'll see what happens on the work computer tomorrow. Now... back to the Vikings losing and another glass of Quaffmor! Hoping my Packers (it's hubby's Vikings) make my evening.
Cheers!

This same thing happened to me a month or so ago. One day the PM envelopes are there, the next day they're gone. No one at WW had no workable answer. So what did I do? I had my computer do a system restore to a day or two earlier and the PM envelopes reappeared. Try that.

cynthylee

jmdavidson wrote:This same thing happened to me a month or so ago. One day the PM envelopes are there, the next day they're gone. No one at WW had no workable answer. So what did I do? I had my computer do a system restore to a day or two earlier and the PM envelopes reappeared. Try that.

Eeek. That sounds scary. And to Chipgreen... what does IE9 have to to with this? Guess I'll just check back in again tomorrow on the work computer that runs IE8. Thanks for all of the advice!
Cheers!

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
cynthylee wrote:Eeek. That sounds scary. And to Chipgreen... what does IE9 have to to with this? Guess I'll just check back in again tomorrow on the work computer that runs IE8. Thanks for all of the advice!
Cheers!

I don't know the technicalities of it but every time someone has complained about disappearing envelopes they have been running IE.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cynthylee wrote:Eeek. That sounds scary. And to Chipgreen... what does IE9 have to to with this? Guess I'll just check back in again tomorrow on the work computer that runs IE8. Thanks for all of the advice!
Cheers!

IE is nothing but problems. Whether it is slow, glitches, popups, viruses, etc, they are far more prolific on IE than any other browser. Changing now will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:IE is nothing but problems. Whether it is slow, glitches, popups, viruses, etc, they are far more prolific on IE than any other browser. Changing now will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

But the commercial with the cool song and The Avengers and there's a frog...

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
cynthylee wrote:OK Minneapolis people... I bit (pun intended) on one. If you want to take a few of these off my hands, get in touch.
Cheers!

I sent you a PM

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

I'll second the idea...anyone in Connecticut want to split a case?

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
Cheers!

Earlier thread, IE can do this depending on security settings. Have you updated or changed anything?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:Earlier thread, IE can do this depending on security settings. Have you updated or changed anything?

My computer software automatically does updates and that is what I think happened to me. I'm telling you, just do a system restore to an earlier date (like a week earlier). It's simple to do. Go to Accessories-System Tools-System Restore- & Pick the most recent saved date or pick an earlier one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cynthylee wrote:Signed out and signed back in again, no go. Running IE9. Don't know how to empty the cache. But have heard from one Minnesota person and we'll see what happens on the work computer tomorrow. Now... back to the Vikings losing and another glass of Quaffmor! Hoping my Packers (it's hubby's Vikings) make my evening.
Cheers!

If you haven't cleared your temp files, you should.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/View-temporary-Internet-files-in-Internet-Explorer-9

rtovar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtovar
montegobayjr wrote:I'll second the idea...anyone in Connecticut want to split a case?

I'd split one, but I'm in Northern VA. I took the plunge! bought 3 cases of the stuff. Saw the price breakdowns....$11.95 a bottle? not a bad price for retail...I usually buy Trader Joe's wine at about $5 to 10 a bottle and most of them? ehh..so so. Costco is up well over the $10 range.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
cmacclel wrote:I'm in MA 10 minutes north of Boston if anyone wants to split a case let me know!

how do you ship to MA?

pfffft!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Any more Minnesotans interested in sharing?

I gave in and took the 'bite.' One case.

Anyone in the Eagan area wanting a few, please PM me.
Thanks.

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

No Georgia

cynthylee

PTommins wrote:I sent you a PM

Hi Pat--I didn't get your PM, hoping you'll check back here and try again. I did get one from another Minneapolis person. Guess I'm technologically challenged because I did all the things TT told me to do and I still don't have PM envelopes showing up. Argh.

gavspen

cynthylee wrote:Why don't you just give it up and either buy or don't buy? Sorry to be blunt, but the deal is what it is. It's your choice.
Cheers!

What's your problem? Too much caffeine? Wrong side of the bed? Why would such a simple question elicit such an ill mannered response? The anonymity of the internet does strange things to people.

It doesnt look like much of a deal; I'm not allowed to point that out?

Sorry to be blunt.

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

Received a notice from Fedex that I can expect delivery tomorrow, 10/19. Fastest shipping I have ever had from Wine Woot. Good job, guys!
I am planning to bring 6 bottles to a Halloween party, but I will test a bottle before I do so.;)
Can't hurt!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cookiebook wrote:Received a notice from Fedex that I can expect delivery tomorrow, 10/19. Fastest shipping I have ever had from Wine Woot. Good job, guys!
I am planning to bring 6 bottles to a Halloween party, but I will test a bottle before I do so.;)
Can't hurt!

darn right! gotta make sure it's all on the up & up.
think of the guests & stuff.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Mine arrived today -- the FedEx label was created last week, but they normally ship to Phoenix on Mondays (to avoid weekend delays, I presume).

Anyway, I've tried the Merlot so far and I really like it.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

Does this need to age before drinking?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

wendy98765 wrote:Does this need to age before drinking?

wouldn't hurt.