6 2010 Dracula's Blood Pinot Noir
6 2010 Dracula's Blood Merlot
CT links above

Delivered in time for Halloween

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

qqrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qqrl

The post says it's a 2009 merlot but the images seem to indicate a 2010 merlot...

TheEndless

quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless
2009 Dracula's Blood Merlot 70ml 6-Pack

Is it safe to assume that should read 750ml 6-pack?

TheEndless

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

qqrl wrote:The post says it's a 2009 merlot but the images seem to indicate a 2010 merlot...

Checking...

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Interesting review here:
http://www.cheapwinefinder.com/2012/10/draculas-blood-merlot-2009/
Tempting...and for this price it will sell out soon...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:Checking...

yes, checking.

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

If anyone in the Minneapolis, MN metro area is going to get this, I would definitely be interested in purchasing 2 bottles (one of each) if you would be willing to part with them.

I'm not sure if I'll like these, but the pinot noir sounds interesting so I'd like to give it a try. The merlot would most likely be a gift for a friend. So I simply have no need for an entire case. Hopefully someone sends me a PM. Thanks in advance :-)

Bucuresci

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bucuresci
coolchris160 wrote:If anyone in the Minneapolis, MN metro area is going to get this, I would definitely be interested in purchasing 2 bottles (one of each) if you would be willing to part with them.

I'm not sure if I'll like these, but the pinot noir sounds interesting so I'd like to give it a try. The merlot would most likely be a gift for a friend. So I simply have no need for an entire case. Hopefully someone sends me a PM. Thanks in advance :-)

Hey, come to Detroit, MI, I got a case.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
Bucuresci wrote:Hey, come to Detroit, MI, I got a case.

Chicago here, closer than detroit ;)

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Winedavid39 wrote:yes, checking.

Well go figure, i tried my contact and it went to voice mail. Dracula must be sleeeping..

I wanted to double check, but can say with confidence the Merlot is an 09. The label is the same as the 2010 (except vintage change).

i will not rest until i hunt down the truth (here i go with a cross and a stake..)

Stay tuned.

*** UPDATE ***

Dracula returned my call (his name is actually Michael) it is indeed a 2010. the tasting notes are accurate, we just need to change the vintage on the tasting note description.

Please pardon the confusion.

azrael314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azrael314

i'm pretty sure the producer of this wine is Domeniile Viticole Tohani, not vampire vinyards, i could be wrong though.

And if someone in chicago is buying a case and wants to part with a bottle of each, i'd be interested.

Bucuresci

azrael314 wrote:i'm pretty sure the producer of this wine is Domeniile Viticole Tohani, not vampire vinyards, i could be wrong though.

And if someone in chicago is buying a case and wants to part with a bottle of each, i'd be interested.

Samus

quality posts: 0Private Messages

Bucuresci wrote:Hey, come to Detroit, MI, I got a case.

Chicago here, closer than detroit ;)

Bucuresci

azrael314 wrote:i'm pretty sure the producer of this wine is Domeniile Viticole Tohani, not vampire vinyards, i could be wrong though.

Look for a posting above from SAMUS, is in Chicago, willing to do it.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Could be, but Vampire probably are the importers and/or the winery requesting said label/varietal. Since someone has to be the US winery (Wine.Woot can't sell imported wines unless someone else has the license).

And I'll take 2 of each if anyone in SoCal buys a case.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rhiannonamaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhiannonamaya

If you buy this wine (like I just did), you are guaranteed to wake up the next morning with no memory of what happened to you and a set of bite marks on your neck...OR instead of getting lucky with a vampire, you could end up naked in a graveyard. I guess I will find out soon enough!

~*Melanie*~

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Changes Made to the Sale

As WD mentioned above, the sale incorrectly listed the Merlot as 2009.

The Merlot is 2010.

If you ordered this only because it was a 2009 Merlot, you can contact service@woot.com.

If you just want to email service@woot.com to tell them that they do a darn good job, please do that too.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

GrenadeJumper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrenadeJumper

At least one person has bought 3 cases. I hope im invited to that halloween party!

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0

I have no need for an entire case, but little impulse control.
So if Anyone in CT (that is Connecticut, not Cellar Tracker) wants a couple, PM me.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

this is paso robles wine, I see. i expect it to have pH 3.7+ We got any stats? Notes on style would be nice though this is likely aimed at party fun!

confusedemmy

quality posts: 22 Private Messages confusedemmy
richardhod wrote:this is paso robles wine, I see. i expect it to have pH 3.7+ We got any stats? Notes on style would be nice though this is likely aimed at party fun!

Yes, I'd like to agree that full malo on the PN as the lone bit of information isn't helping me hit that button!

paddedrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paddedrm

So is this wine actually originally from Romania, or is the entire label just a marketing gimmick?

rpm

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm
richardhod wrote:this is paso robles wine, I see. i expect it to have pH 3.7+ We got any stats? Notes on style would be nice though this is likely aimed at party fun!

Halloween party wine. I wonder if the PoiZin will make an appearance?

This is wine for the crowd that buys the labels on the bottle, not the contents....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
Winedavid39 wrote:Well go figure, i tried my contact and it went to voice mail. Dracula must be sleeeping..

I wanted to double check, but can say with confidence the Merlot is an 09. The label is the same as the 2010 (except vintage change).

i will not rest until i hunt down the truth (here i go with a cross and a stake..)

Stay tuned.

*** UPDATE ***

Dracula returned my call (his name is actually Michael) it is indeed a 2010. the tasting notes are accurate, we just need to change the vintage on the tasting note description.

Please pardon the confusion.

Ah-Ha! lol

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

I'm from the Twin Cities (MN) and would be willing to take a couple
bottles of each as well. PM me...

Go Vikings !

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

Same sort of split situation for me. I'm in Houston and would be willing to go halvsies or buy a couple of bottles of each from someone.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

I'm in MA 10 minutes north of Boston if anyone wants to split a case let me know!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Also in Minneapolis and would be happy with one or two of each. PM me please.
Cheers!

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559

Cheap wine with a screw cap...how can I resist?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Last Wooter to Woot: fredrinaldi

Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

No Cab. this one's for da wife and lables

tercerowines

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tercerowines

Just an FYI - these guys actually have a lounge in Beverly Hills of all places that you can taste their wines . . . . Interesting marketing ploy indeed!

And here's their website:

http://www.vampire.com/

Yep, they actually have the vampire.com website . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Apparently, there is no PMing today... no little envelope in sight! Any help? Guess we're going to have to do a Minneapolis deal out in the open?
Cheers!

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

From the website:
"Then unexpectedly, in September of 2006, while the Machats were dining at Spagos, an unexpected guest joined them at dinner. The dark hitchhiker had new directions. The Vampires were packing up and moving once again – this time to Paso Robles, California – half-way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Not far from the Pacific Ocean, surrounded by hills full of intricate winding caves, this was a perfect hideout for vampires. Rural, but just 200 miles from two major metropolitan areas, it was also chosen because it is a perfect location in case the vampires get hungry. At the small rural town, where the wine is bottled, the mortal population . . . is a mere 1303 people.

So with scarce notice, Machat went out and recruited two well recognized wine makers to create the perfect blends for his discerning clientele. Due to reasons pertaining to confidentiality, and for the winemakers’ own protection from other envious vampires, the winemaker names cannot currently be revealed. Suffice it to say however, that the lead winemaker recently received a rating of 96 from the Wine Spectator – a grade almost unheard of. The new Vampire wines from Paso Robles are light years ahead from the wines from the past. Our most demanding clientele would have it no other way. Sip the Blood of the Vine and Enjoy!"

Some of the above appears to be "atmosphere", some, pertinent facts...

which is witch? Only the Shadow knows...mwahh, haaa, haaa....

GrenadeJumper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrenadeJumper

I'd be interested in a bottle or two of each if anyone from the Chicago or SW Wisconsin area is interested!

gavspen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gavspen
wordek wrote:Interesting review here:
http://www.cheapwinefinder.com/2012/10/draculas-blood-merlot-2009/
Tempting...and for this price it will sell out soon...

The linked - recent - review (thank you) says the wine is from Romania, but the winery website says production moved to CA in 2006: it says the wine is 8 bucks a bottle, making a case $96, not $157.30: the bottles shown at the website have slightly different labels, sell for $11.95 (so a case is still only $143.40) and have corks, not screw tops.

Confusion abounds. Please advise.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

gavspen wrote:The linked - recent - review (thank you) says the wine is from Romania, but the winery website says production moved to CA in 2006: it says the wine is 8 bucks a bottle, making a case $96, not $157.30: the bottles shown at the website have slightly different labels, sell for $11.95 (so a case is still only $143.40) and have corks, not screw tops.

Confusion abounds. Please advise.

These wines are from Romania. Brought in and sold by Vampire wines here in the states.

gavspen

Winedavid39 wrote:These wines are from Romania. Brought in and sold by Vampire wines here in the states.

From the website: "At the small rural town (Paso Robles, California), where the wine is bottled......" You mean they're actually importing grapes, or barrels of wine, and then bottling it?

What about the price discrepancies, and the screw top versus cork?

Thanks

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
gavspen wrote:From the website: "At the small rural town (Paso Robles, California), where the wine is bottled......" You mean they're actually importing grapes, or barrels of wine, and then bottling it?

What about the price discrepancies, and the screw top versus cork?

Thanks

Yes.

What price discrepencies?

And what are you asking about regarding screw top vs. cork?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

Tempting...very tempting... Great price. Vampire label. Can't go wrong here. Dracula's Blood has drawn me in, once again. Cheers!

gavspen

kylemittskus wrote:Yes.

What price discrepencies?

And what are you asking about regarding screw top vs. cork?

Yes, what?

Take a look at my first post and all will be revealed ;-)