2010 Elevage Wine Company, “Raised by Wolves” Columbia Valley, Malbec
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
8/8/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

raisedbywolves

quality posts: 34 Private Messages raisedbywolves

Hey wooters from sunny S California thanks for checking in. Taking a few days off before we crush the reds. Any questions please let me know. Thanks Bill

vannknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vannknight

Love the 2009 Stoneridge Vineyard Cab - bought a case last time it was here on woot. Thinking about this...

papamochi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papamochi
raisedbywolves wrote:Hey wooters from sunny S California thanks for checking in. Taking a few days off before we crush the reds. Any questions please let me know. Thanks Bill

Just opened one of these recently...good but tasted really young. What kind of window would you put on these?

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIEND DRINK WHITE ZINFANDEL!

raisedbywolves

papamochi wrote:Just opened one of these recently...good but tasted really young. What kind of window would you put on these?

I'm excited to open one up in 2019 and see. I am quite confident it will be drinking nicely through this decade.

raisedbywolves

vannknight wrote:Love the 2009 Stoneridge Vineyard Cab - bought a case last time it was here on woot. Thinking about this...

It's now our top selling red wine in our Ellensburg and Leavenworth tasting rooms. It's great value at nearly $20 off a bottle.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

I have not had a lot of malbecs that I have enjoyed, I'm not sure why but how would you try to sell this wine to non Malbec lovers? What's yor pitch?

CT

vespid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vespid
raisedbywolves wrote:It's now our top selling red wine in our Ellensburg and Leavenworth tasting rooms. It's great value at nearly $20 off a bottle.

Please bring back the RBW Cab to Woot again. I love it, and I don't know anyone local who sells it.

dogmusher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogmusher

The RBW Cab is fantastic! Grabbed a 1/2 case on a past woot off, we are savoring each drop, down to one bottle, on the hunt locally for them, to no avail yet. Will have to see about these as well.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Website needs an update. Nothing there beyond 2008. No pricing, etc!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

*thread hijack* sorry to do this: PM me if you live in SoCal and want to split the 2006 San Roman Toro on Cindy.

Sorry wolves!

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi

NOT FAIR!!!, you tease me with the Pix, and then I read Malbec, It's OK still got a case of the Cab

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi
dogmusher wrote:The RBW Cab is fantastic! Grabbed a 1/2 case on a past woot off, we are savoring each drop, down to one bottle, on the hunt locally for them, to no avail yet. Will have to see about these as well.

After it was offered in the woot off, I read in the comments, this was the last of the Cab ;(

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Just tasted this last night. It has nice rich red color, don't remember it being as dark as the picture. Some hints of spice amongst the berry flavor. Good balance of tannins and acidity that dry out the sides of your tongue a bit.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

funbunny

cortot20 wrote:I have not had a lot of malbecs that I have enjoyed, I'm not sure why but how would you try to sell this wine to non Malbec lovers? What's yor pitch?

I'm not a big fan of Malbec, they just don't seem to have any outstanding quality on their own to me, better in a blend. I did enjoy this one, I would have thought it to be closer to a Cab than a Malbec based on ones I've tasted in the past.

There was a RBW Cab open last night too and I actually preferred this over it. I thought this had a little more richness and complexity.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
funbunny wrote:I'm not a big fan of Malbec, they just don't seem to have any outstanding quality on their own to me, better in a blend. I did enjoy this one, I would have thought it to be closer to a Cab than a Malbec based on ones I've tasted in the past.

There was a RBW Cab open last night too and I actually preferred this over it. I thought this had a little more richness and complexity.

As FB pointed out, we opened up two different RBW wines, the cab and the malbec, at the Chicago Wine Woot Get Together last night. I have to concur with the assessment by her. I have previously tried and enjoyed the cab, but after now having tried the malbec found that I also really liked it as well. Obviously, Elevage Wines knows how to make good wine.

raisedbywolves

vespid wrote:Please bring back the RBW Cab to Woot again. I love it, and I don't know anyone local who sells it.

The RBW cabs is extinct. We will be releasing a our 2010 early next year.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:As FB pointed out, we opened up two different RBW wines, the cab and the malbec, at the Chicago Wine Woot Get Together last night. I have to concur with the assessment by her. I have previously tried and enjoyed the cab, but after now having tried the malbec found that I also really liked it as well. Obviously, Elevage Wines knows how to make good wine.

So, would you say this wine is closer to a Britney Spears or a Christina Aguilera in terms of depth and complexity?

raisedbywolves

chipgreen wrote:So, would you say this wine is closer to a Britney Spears or a Christina Aguilera in terms of depth and complexity?

That's like trying to compare a Porsche to a Kia. If I had to pair with this wine I would pair it with Sophia Vergara. Full busted and curvy with a hint of latina attitude.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

Hi All,

I also tasted this last night at the Chicago Gathering. My notes are a bit scant but here’s what I’ve got:

Beautiful dark purple color. Nose of dark fruit, maybe blueberry, and spice. I noted berry and spice flavors as well, but no specific berry type or spice type, if that makes sense. Young, but well structured. Nice tannins that should continue to smooth out with a good long nap in a cellar.

Sorry for the delay, but I forgot to post when I got home last night....errrr...this morning?? It's been a while since I've stayed out until 3am. Sheesh, I'm old and out of practice!

Disclaimer: I've been struggling with a cold/sinus issues for a few weeks, so my nose/palate may be a bit dulled.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

funbunny

chipgreen wrote:So, would you say this wine is closer to a Britney Spears or a Christina Aguilera in terms of depth and complexity?

Actually that is like comparing a train wreck to tripping over a crack in the sidewalk. Both are unpleasent to experience but one is far far worse.

I don't think there was a huge swing in complexity between the Cab and Malbec, just a little more richness and refinement in the
Malbec according to my tastebuds. I think for all the RBW Cab lovers out there, this probably worth trying.

chipgreen

raisedbywolves wrote:That's like trying to compare a Porsche to a Kia. If I had to pair with this wine I would pair it with Sophia Vergara. Full busted and curvy with a hint of latina attitude.

Nice

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I also had a bottle of this wine recently. It was dark purple with a ruby meniscus; nose of plum, blackberry, pepper with hits of tobacco, leather and a very subtle sweet spice (nutmeg?); a big mid-palate of plum and blackberry with a finish that keeps going and going! There is a lot of tannin in this wine but it maintains a velvety mouth-feel. Excellent acidity.

I found that this wine is best served slightly chilled (~60-62 degrees.) Once it comes to room temperature, it looses some of it's subtle complexities. FWIW, I drank this bottle over a three day period and it didn't change greatly from day 1 to day 3; it was slightly better each day.

chipgreen

Between the generally positive faux rat reviews, the Sophia Vergara pairing comment and the fact that mill was "first sucker" both times this was offered, I'm in.

First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: chipgreen
Last Purchase: 5 minutes ago

EDIT: and it doesn't hurt that it's less $ per bottle than last time and has an awesome label!

threemoons

quality posts: 19 Private Messages threemoons

I finished my last bottle of this that I got the last time it was offered. Very nice, tastes much more expensive than it is.

Alas, I am broke right now and really can't afford right now, but I would get for sure if I could.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Wait, what are you saying about Nickelback?

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

chipgreen

neilfindswine wrote:Wait, what are you saying about Nickelback?

Oops, I did it again.

davenippon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davenippon

Has anyone received their order yet? I got an email saying my order had shipped back on Oct. 22, but when I check the tracking number today, Oct 30, Fedex shows it has not been picked up yet. Do I need to worry?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

davenippon wrote:Has anyone received their order yet? I got an email saying my order had shipped back on Oct. 22, but when I check the tracking number today, Oct 30, Fedex shows it has not been picked up yet. Do I need to worry?

You probably got the tracking from the electronic notification sent to the shipper. They have to notify the shipper of an impending shipment to get tracking numbers. We receive the tracking file and shoot of an email to you. The actual shipment can be a week or more later.

Orders on wine.woot can take 2-3 weeks for shipment.

Give it a while longer.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items