North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:Hi pixie1969,
As always, although the passage of a law might make it easier, a lot of times it is winery dependent as to if an offer will be available in your state.

Sorry!

Just to clarify this a little more. While the law is passed, all that means is that wine can now be shipping to NJ. Each winery still much purchase the license in that state in order to legally ship to that state. Just because the law is passed, does not mean that the winery has met the licensing requirements to ship there.

Edit: Sparkles!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Welcome back RoosterBooser!

i love the detail on the label. if you look closely enough, the scull is composed of bicycle parts. very cool.

RoosterBooster

quality posts: 50 Private Messages RoosterBooster
bobrush12866 wrote:Looks like 2012 was a big release year for the Boneshakers

Does the winery want to comment on the close release dates?

I sure do want to comment on the close release dates. Not only has 2012 been a big release year for Boneshaker, it has been the only year for Boneshaker releases. The 2009 is the first vintage we've done.

As I said in an earlier post, we were looking to do an old vine Zin and were working on a label worthy of the wine inside. That being said we had no idea how well it was going to go over so we started off small with 500 cases of the 2009 in shiners and 1000 cases of the 2010. What has happened is that the wine is going quite well, selling through the 2009 and 2010 vintages and have now moved to the current vintage of 2011.

So what you are seeing is the ramp up of a new brand that is moving right along. The 2011 is definitely drinkable now (and is what I had with dinner last night) and you can look for the 2012 to be coming out around this time next year.

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
otolith wrote:How many do each of you want? I only want one, and am not really interested in the wine that's in the bottle, as the fruit bomb zins are not my style. The bottle/label, however, is cool, and would fit in with my bar nicely (there are a few skulls on the shelves).

1 would be ok if we split 3 ways

RoosterBooster

North316 wrote:Just to clarify this a little more. While the law is passed, all that means is that wine can now be shipping to NJ. Each winery still much purchase the license in that state in order to legally ship to that state. Just because the law is passed, does not mean that the winery has met the licensing requirements to ship there.

Edit: Sparkles!

Right, and in the case of NJ there is a provision that the winery must not make more than 250,000 gallons of wine in a year to be eligible. With Hahn Winery and Cycles Gladiator that would be difficult for us to be under. On the plus side you have many wines made by Hahn Family Wines for you to enjoy, on the down side no NJ for this Woot.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
Winedavid39 wrote:if you look closely enough, the scull is composed of bicycle parts. very cool.

What does it say about me that I saw the bicycle and didn't notice the skull until people started commenting?

The description made me think of these guys:
http://www.renovobikes.com/

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Anyone know when the next woot off is, I'm traveling next thursday & Friday, thanks

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:Anyone know when the next woot off is, I'm traveling next thursday & Friday, thanks

Would you cancel the trip?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

RoosterBooster

SmilingBoognish wrote:What does it say about me that I saw the bicycle and didn't notice the skull until people started commenting?

It's been pretty fascinating to see what people notice first. There has been a split between people seeing both the skull and the bike parts, only seeing the bike parts and those only seeing the skull. One of our executives saw the label for a couple of weeks during development and then commented out of the blue "did anyone notice that those bike parts really look like a skull?"

He was met with some laughter.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Would you cancel the trip?

even I would recommend against that.

unless it was a trip to like ... gallup, new mexico.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
RoosterBooster wrote:I sure do want to comment on the close release dates. Not only has 2012 been a big release year for Boneshaker, it has been the only year for Boneshaker releases. The 2009 is the first vintage we've done.

As I said in an earlier post, we were looking to do an old vine Zin and were working on a label worthy of the wine inside. That being said we had no idea how well it was going to go over so we started off small with 500 cases of the 2009 in shiners and 1000 cases of the 2010. What has happened is that the wine is going quite well, selling through the 2009 and 2010 vintages and have now moved to the current vintage of 2011.

So what you are seeing is the ramp up of a new brand that is moving right along. The 2011 is definitely drinkable now (and is what I had with dinner last night) and you can look for the 2012 to be coming out around this time next year.

please share your tasting notes from last night...how much heat? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:Would you cancel the trip?

No I would just bring my lap top instead of Ipad, BTW heading to Palm Springs and might stop at the Brandini kids place.

losthighwayz

Rooster:

Ive ordered Banned in 'Bama, Copa Del Rey Cab, and the Hahn Cabernet Franc and found EACH of them to be a great QPR. However, I purchased a botthle of Hook and Ladder Cabernet while vacationing this past summer and it was opretty bad: overextracted, unbalanced, and all around a bad wine for its $20 price tag. So my question is: how does this offer compare to the H&L? I love jammy zins but with balance and a sense of terroir (not generic supermarket-type which i unfortunately got from the H&L).

Thanks!

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
Winedavid39 wrote:Welcome back RoosterBooser!

Sorry for thread hi-jack.

Winedavid, email response/inquiry sent to you.

We now return to your regularly scheduled discussion. Thank you.

RoosterBooster

losthighwayz wrote:please share your tasting notes from last night...how much heat? Thanks!

Totally drinking well now. Almost no heat on the front palate with slow burn of tannin on the finish. It's a very balanced wine. I got mostly blackberry and cherry, but these are just what I remember from last night off the top of my head.

RoosterBooster

losthighwayz wrote:Rooster:

Ive ordered Banned in 'Bama, Copa Del Rey Cab, and the Hahn Cabernet Franc and found EACH of them to be a great QPR. However, I purchased a botthle of Hook and Ladder Cabernet while vacationing this past summer and it was opretty bad: overextracted, unbalanced, and all around a bad wine for its $20 price tag. So my question is: how does this offer compare to the H&L? I love jammy zins but with balance and a sense of terroir (not generic supermarket-type which i unfortunately got from the H&L).

Thanks!

First off, I'm sad that you had a bad experience with a wine you purchased. But, I'm also hopeful that it wasn't us.

Hook and Ladder - not made by us

Smith & Hook - definitely made by us

That being said, Boneshaker is right in there with balance and a sense of terrior. Lodi does Zin.

North316

RoosterBooster wrote:

So what was the production on the 2011? I guess compared to some of your other wines, 1,000 cases may be limited production, but to be fair, that doesn't really meet my qualification for limited production.

My CT

RoosterBooster

North316 wrote:So what was the production on the 2011? I guess compared to some of your other wines, 1,000 cases may be limited production, but to be fair, that doesn't really meet my qualification for limited production.

The notes for the 2011 vintage show right around 2,500 cases.

So what is your threshold for limited production, North?

losthighwayz

RoosterBooster wrote:First off, I'm sad that you had a bad experience with a wine you purchased. But, I'm also hopeful that it wasn't us.

Hook and Ladder - not made by us

Smith & Hook - definitely made by us

That being said, Boneshaker is right in there with balance and a sense of terrior. Lodi does Zin.

Ha! You are correct! It was the Smith and Hook-I actually bought the bottle b/c I thought it was Hook & Ladder from Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma. I got confused again. YES, it was Hahn Family b/c I remember tajking a closer at the label cloer once I got home.

losthighwayz

RoosterBooster wrote:The notes for the 2011 vintage show right around 2,500 cases.

less than 1000 cases for me.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
PTommins wrote:1 would be ok if we split 3 ways

Or if this doesn't work out, I could take a bottle!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

North316

RoosterBooster wrote:The notes for the 2011 vintage show right around 2,500 cases.

In my mind, I think 500-600 or less is limited production, but I guess I could agree to 1,000 or less like lost said. I mean, 1,000 cases is 12,000 bottles. That's not very limited to me. I guess I am pretty spoiled in the fact that a lot of woot wineries are much smaller and 80% of their offerings would fall under your definition of limited production.

I do get where you are coming from, when some of your other wines run 10,000 + cases though.

My CT

aggiebethie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiebethie

When will this ship out?

RoosterBooster

losthighwayz wrote:Ha! You are correct! It was the Smith and Hook-I actually bought the bottle b/c I thought it was Hook & Ladder from Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma. I got confused again. YES, it was Hahn Family b/c I remember tajking a closer at the label cloer once I got home.

Heya Lost,

I'm going to drop you a PM. Since it was our wine that made you sad and you were having such a great run of enjoying our wines lets see what we can do.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

rooster booster: give me an reason to buy this...I am afraid of the description that says tobacco and leather flavors.... I love a good jammy Zin, but hate tobacco and leather flavors....

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie
fredrinaldi wrote:No I would just bring my lap top instead of Ipad, BTW heading to Palm Springs and might stop at the Brandini kids place.

Do it. And have a toffee milkshare while you are there. You will not be disappointed. And when is Brandini going to be back on Woot? Now I am just hungry.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea
RoosterBooster wrote:Heya Lost,

I'm going to drop you a PM. Since it was our wine that made you sad and you were having such a great run of enjoying our wines lets see what we can do.

If this doesn't make people love wine.woot, then I'm not sure what will (or should).

Josh, thanks for the participation, you just sold me on this offering. I've never had any of the Hahn wines before, so I'm excited to try these.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

From the many wines I have bought from wine woot, limited production would be considerably less than 2,500 cases (30,000 bottles) and more likely less than 250 cases.

WD or his staff should have picked up on this and opposed the "limited production" wording despite what the label says.

However, it sounds like a good wine and I am in for one set.

Nonetheless, I do object to how it is being marketed by wine woot and the winery. The 2009 was much more limited production than the 2011 vintage. Ramp up production times 5 and call it limited production??. Limited production suggests "rare"...certainly NOT 30,000 bottles...That's just plain WRONG!!

EDIT

BONESHAKER: Limited Production Zin (3)

Speed to First Woot: 2m 13.559s
First Sucker: jc6h6
Last Wooter to Woot: bobrush12866
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

fredrinaldi

gtcharlie wrote:Do it. And have a toffee milkshare while you are there. You will not be disappointed. And when is Brandini going to be back on Woot? Now I am just hungry.

planning on it, last time on woot they invited all wooters to stop by for a free milkshake.

thurmanite

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thurmanite
artulo wrote:The skull is actually a 4-port USB hub and available a few places like TG and the almighty Amazon:

click for skull

also click for skull

Thanks for the info. ETA: (This post brought to you by, Thumperchick; who accidentally logged in under her husband's account.)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
thurmanite wrote:Thanks for the info. ETA: (This post brought to you by, Thumperchick; who accidentally logged in under her husband's account.)

silly rabbit!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I put in an order. We can figure out the details later...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
fredrinaldi wrote:Anyone know when the next woot off is, I'm traveling next thursday & Friday, thanks

I believe it's next Thursday and Friday.

CT

fredrinaldi

cortot20 wrote:I believe it's next Thursday and Friday.

Geeerrrrrr, my wifes gonna kill me, in Palm Springs both days, wifi here I come.

losthighwayz

RoosterBooster wrote:Heya Lost,

Thanks for the gesture! I wasnt expecting one. I will check my PM. In for ONE just for that!

DisrobedMonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DisrobedMonk

Got two. Came in mail today. No patch or tattoo... Coming in regular mail??

PemberDucky

Staff

DisrobedMonk wrote:Got two. Came in mail today. No patch or tattoo... Coming in regular mail??

hmm. good question. i'd email service@woot.com & double-check.

hopefully in the intervening hours, others will also weigh in so we can know for sure.

PemberDucky

Staff

READ THESE WORDS!

we've confirmed with the winery that your tattoos & patches (patchoos? tattatches?) will be shipping separately.

fin.

DisrobedMonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DisrobedMonk

Yay and gracias

jabbs8801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabbs8801
DisrobedMonk wrote:Yay and gracias

has anyone had this shipped yet? 12 days and nothing on my end so far.