bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

It looks like Amazon is going to start selling wine, how will this affect wine.woot?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bdlsmoran wrote:It looks like Amazon is going to start selling wine, how will this affect wine.woot?

This has come up before. Little if any. 2 very different channels.

Amazon wine will be at or near retail and really just a storefront for the wineries. Wine.woot sources deals from wineries looking to advertise or exchange stock for liquidity. I don't think it will change a thing. Amazon won't be where people go to find wine deals, just where they go so they can buy without leaving their house.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bdlsmoran

I think it will be more like wine.com retail pricing with sales and discounted items. I do wonder how shipping will work. Will it be free with Prime or after spending $25.00?

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bdlsmoran wrote:Will it free

Oooh, that would be great. Wine prices here in NY are ridiculous.

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

The Amazon wine store appears to be now open at www.amazon.com/wine

26,945 Red, 615 Rosé and 14,687 White.

A quick search for my favorite Woot Wineries showed no Ty Caton's or Wellington's. One hit for Scott Harvey.

All of the wine is sold by the individual vendor - all Amazon does is give you a link to the website (and collect a bit of the profit for their trouble.)

Amazon has some nice disclaimers on each page:

This product is available at an external website and is sold by a third party not affiliated with Amazon.com. Amazon neither makes any offer to sell, solicits any offer to purchase or acts as agent for any party in connection with the sale.

Purchases made on external websites are not eligible for the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee.

So (sigh), still no wine shipped via Amazon Prime.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

For those interested, here's a list of all the sellers.

All Star Wine (1,129)
Arlington Wine & Liquor (1,982)
Benash Liquors (6,271)
Berkeley Wine Company (1,079)
Carlo Russo's Wine & Spirit World (1,014)
City Wine Cellar (1,039)
DrinkUpNY (383)
Elephant Wine (8,258)
FineWineHouse (3,366)
Garnet Wines & Liquors (1,061)
Get Wine Online (6,091)
Giannone Wine (737)
Gillette Ridge Wines (1,472)
Grand Wine Cellar (10,101)
GrapesWine (1,036)
Hudson Wine Market (456)
International Wine Shop (7,023)
JJ Buckley Fine Wines (2,564)
K&L Wine Merchants (2,289)
Laurenti Wines (7,187)
Liquorama Fine Wines & Spirits (3,419)
Luekens Bigtown Liquors (952)
Madwine (4,907)
Marketview Liquor (3,668)
McAdam BuyRite (1,582)
Merwin Liquors, LLC (2,889)
Mid Valley Wine & Liquor (2,005)
Mora's Fine Wine & Spirits (866)
MorrellWine (1,075)
NapaCabs (1,850)
Shop Rite Wines and Spirits of Chester (9,441)
Shoppers Vineyard (761)
ShopRite of Lincoln Park (8,232)
SKwines (10,957)
Skyview Wine & Spirits (549)
Sokolin (884)
TastingRoom.com. (403)
The Wine Buyer (668)
The Wine Club, Inc (986)
The Wine Connection (2,835)
Traino's Wine & Spirits (8,767)
Ultimate Wine Shop (2,935)
Union Square Wines (874)
Varmax Liquor Pantry (1,456)
Westchester Wine Warehouse (12,586)
Wine Chateau (8,400)
Wine O Land (6,544)
Wine World & Spirits (1,647)
Wine.com_ (5,897)
Winfield Flynn, LTD (1,085)
Woodland Hills Wine Co. (2,094)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

bdlsmoran

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49697392

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

The Amazon wine store seems to have expanded. They now have quite a few woot favorites - including Raised by Wolves Riesling, Jana Cab, Inzinerator. And it's not just links to other sites. They have their own shipping paradigm - basically $10 flat fee for either one, three, or six bottles.

Interesting. I can imagine using it in a pinch, if I wanted something specific and couldn't find it locally. I don't have the patience to compare Amazon prices to those at the wineries, but I bet there's a decent savings over ordering at full list + pricey shipping from the winery.

Developing...

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

They don't seem to be shipping to very many states.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
blakewoot wrote:The Amazon wine store seems to have expanded. They now have quite a few woot favorites - including Raised by Wolves Riesling, Jana Cab, Inzinerator. And it's not just links to other sites. They have their own shipping paradigm - basically $10 flat fee for either one, three, or six bottles.

Interesting. I can imagine using it in a pinch, if I wanted something specific and couldn't find it locally. I don't have the patience to compare Amazon prices to those at the wineries, but I bet there's a decent savings over ordering at full list + pricey shipping from the winery.

Developing...

Well I just glanced at that 2005 Jana Cathedral Cab they are selling...and they're selling it for the exact same price that Scott sells his direct from winery.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings