darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

My husband and I will be driving down from CT for a wedding. We're staying at Trap Pond State Park, and going to Dogfish Head brewery Friday. Anything else cool to do Friday day and Saturday day?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
darlenee1 wrote:My husband and I will be driving down from CT for a wedding. We're staying at Trap Pond State Park, and going to Dogfish Head brewery Friday. Anything else cool to do Friday day and Saturday day?

For Saturday, go back to Dogfish Head?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609

I can't think of anything to do near where you're staying, but if you're driving through Wilmington during business hours, check out Moore Brothers Wines. They carry some interesting stuff. (They also have stores in NJ and NY, but the Wilmington store is convenient for me when driving to and from my parents' house near Trenton - and there's no sales tax!)

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
polarbear22 wrote:For Saturday, go back to Dogfish Head?

+1

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:For Saturday, go back to Dogfish Head?

Not all that clever, for a polar bear.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

Too bad you are a little early. There's the Delaware Wine & Beer Festival on Oct 21.
Besides Dogfish, another good brewery is Fordham
A great little brewery all the way down south DE is Evolution.
(They recently moved just over the state line to MD)

Also check out the New Castle Market not far off 95.
It's not what you think, it's all indoors and very interesting (mostly food).

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Ended up spending our free time at the camp ground, which was lovely. We went to the brewery, where I felt the staff was less than friendly. We all then went to the the brewpub in Rehoboth, where all the staff was amazingly accommodating of our large group (about 25 of us, no reservation). Got some Dogfish head rum, it's awesome. And of course a few growlers of beer.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now