12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1626 Private Messages Cesare

Black Tie Wine Bags, Random 5-Pack
$14.99 (Normally $32.00) 53% off List Price
NOTE: This gift pack is a random selection of 5 different bag styles.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
Cesare wrote:Black Tie Wine Bags, Random 5-Pack
$14.99 (Normally $32.00) 53% off List Price
NOTE: This gift pack is a random selection of 5 different bag styles.

You are my idol...

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

At first glance I thought... geisha... then, 'the king and I'. Yea, they are that fancy.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw

Oh man, I thought for a second that wine.woot was finally getting its version of the Big ol' Candy. One can dream, right?

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

I've bought similar wine bags from the dollar store. Perhaps these are better quality, but who really needs quality on an item that will most likely get thrown out anyway?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

I thought they were French aristocrats.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
vladistov wrote:I thought they were French aristocrats.

I believe the preferred term is "bourgeois cheese eating surrender monkeys".

confusedemmy

quality posts: 22 Private Messages confusedemmy

In for 2... with the holidays coming up, now my hostess gifts will outshine everyone else's!

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
prttymf8 wrote:I've bought similar wine bags from the dollar store. Perhaps these are better quality, but who really needs quality on an item that will most likely get thrown out anyway?

I've used the cheap dollar-store wine bags as dice bags for polyhedral dice (used in role-playing games). If the wine bags offered here had drawstrings, they'd work for that purpose, too.
(Drawstring wine bags tend to be a lot larger than most dice bags sold in hobby shops/game stores, and come in very pretty fabrics as well.)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Easy pass for me unless these come with wine or are filled with salted caramels. I don't need $3 bags for my $8 bottles of wine.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

blacktiewinebags

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blacktiewinebags

Wow. Must be some dollar store. I’ve never seen anything but paper bags in dollar stores! Yes, you are spot-on when you say perhaps the quality of these are better--I'd venture to say that anything you might come across in one of those stores wouldn't come close, including fabrics and designs.

And throw them away...really?! Wait! These bags are great for regifting and putting all kinds of stuff in them, not only wine.

My friend's daughter uses the bag for a sleeping bag for her Barbie doll. Another person told me she uses it to store her GPS.

prttymf8 wrote:I've bought similar wine bags from the dollar store. Perhaps these are better quality, but who really needs quality on an item that will most likely get thrown out anyway?

blacktiewinebags

catherinemcclarey wrote:I've used the cheap dollar-store wine bags as dice bags for polyhedral dice (used in role-playing games). If the wine bags offered here had drawstrings, they'd work for that purpose, too.
(Drawstring wine bags tend to be a lot larger than most dice bags sold in hobby shops/game stores, and come in very pretty fabrics as well.)

I like your idea of using the bags for polyhedral dice. I think the bands the Black Tie wine bags come with would secure the dice nicely. Plus you would have a nicer-then-cheap-dollar-store-bag to carry/store them in.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

I hate Thursdays on winewoot. When I open this page I want to look at bottles of wine...then buy them.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
true559 wrote:I hate Thursdays on winewoot. When I open this page I want to look at bottles of wine...then buy them.

Well it's a good thing we have those Woot Plus sales now for that!

I'm just hanging out, really.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
inkycatz wrote:Well it's a good thing we have those Woot Plus sales now for that!

Right you are!

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

The black tie one is kinda neat, but since it's random there's no guarantee you'll even get that one outta the five. I understand that's also the name of the company, but it's a bit misleading. Why can't they all have bow ties? Bow ties are cool.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

North316

Symbolic2007 wrote:The black tie one is kinda neat, but since it's random there's no guarantee you'll even get that one outta the five. I understand that's also the name of the company, but it's a bit misleading. Why can't they all have bow ties? Bow ties are cool.

Bow ties are cool, just not the people named after them.

These would be cool if they all looked like little tuxedos, but as is, some of these fabrics are quite hideous for my tastes.

My CT

debnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debnot

Wish you'd carry balsamic vinegar again!

debnot

blacktiewinebags

Happy to hear you like the bow tie wine bag. True, only one of the bags has an actual bow tie. I came up with the company name Black Tie Wine Bags, Black Tie representing the idea of fancying up any bottle of wine-- “Dressing Your Wines to the Nines.” Okay, men would wear a black bow tie, but what about the women?

Symbolic2007 wrote:The black tie one is kinda neat, but since it's random there's no guarantee you'll even get that one outta the five. I understand that's also the name of the company, but it's a bit misleading. Why can't they all have bow ties? Bow ties are cool.

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
true559 wrote:I hate Thursdays on winewoot. When I open this page I want to look at bottles of wine...then buy them.

Patience...

North316

Toffeeking wrote:Patience...

When you sell me Toffee, I will have patience.

My CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

debnot wrote:Wish you'd carry balsamic vinegar again!

patience.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Since people are asking, will we ever see Vino Noceto again?????

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
greyday wrote:I believe the preferred term is "bourgeois cheese eating surrender monkeys".

aristocrat and bourgeois are mutually exclusive (the oxymoronic citizen king Louis Phillipe notwithstanding....)

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
blacktiewinebags wrote: Okay, men would wear a black bow tie, but what about the women?

Really??? If you're thinking about bow ties for women, only a black bow tie is appropriate attire.

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

I get that wine woot can take a while – several weeks – to ship. That is not my concern. But I was sent an e-mail saying that this HAD shipped ten days ago, except it apparently hasn’t.

Just "Shipment information sent to FedEx" status

inkycatz

greeneggsandham wrote:I get that wine woot can take a while – several weeks – to ship. That is not my concern. But I was sent an e-mail saying that this HAD shipped ten days ago, except it apparently hasn’t.

You're always welcome to contact support@woot.com at any time with order issues.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneggsandham wrote:I get that wine woot can take a while – several weeks – to ship. That is not my concern. But I was sent an e-mail saying that this HAD shipped ten days ago, except it apparently hasn’t.

That status indicates that the electronic infomration was sent to FedEx so that the tracking numbers can be generated. For wine, that status can precede the actual shipment by a week or two.

You should be fine but as inky said, feel free to email Customer Service if you have questions.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cmichael258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmichael258
ThunderThighs wrote:That status indicates that the electronic infomration was sent to FedEx so that the tracking numbers can be generated. For wine, that status can precede the actual shipment by a week or two.

You should be fine but as inky said, feel free to email Customer Service if you have questions.

I did contact support and was told it has "likely" shipped. I ordered on the 11th and the shipping notification to Fedex was October 19th. Today is the 29th and no movement. Seriously considering an order cancellation and refund. If sellers wait until deal closes and then order from China, they should at least notify buyers. Poor service and a loss to anyone needing them in a reasonable time frame.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cmichael258 wrote:I did contact support and was told it has "likely" shipped. I ordered on the 11th and the shipping notification to Fedex was October 19th. Today is the 29th and no movement. Seriously considering an order cancellation and refund. If sellers wait until deal closes and then order from China, they should at least notify buyers. Poor service and a loss to anyone needing them in a reasonable time frame.

Sorry for the frustration. The wine.woot orders (even non wine) ship directly from the vendor in most cases. They send us electronic tracking info that we send on to you. The actual shipping will update once the vendor releases the shipment to the shipper (FedEx in this case).

You might try FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. It sometimes updates faster than the tracking number route for some reason.

Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

It can take 2-3 weeks for processing and shipment. It's been about 2.5 weeks so far so we're still within that window. Plus there's rarely updates on info for home delivery over the weekend.

I hope you'll be patient and give it a couple days.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cmichael258

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the frustration. The wine.woot orders (even non wine) ship directly from the vendor in most cases. They send us electronic tracking info that we send on to you. The actual shipping will update once the vendor releases the shipment to the shipper (FedEx in this case).

You might try FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. It sometimes updates faster than the tracking number route for some reason.

Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

It can take 2-3 weeks for processing and shipment. It's been about 2.5 weeks so far so we're still within that window. Plus there's rarely updates on info for home delivery over the weekend.

I hope you'll be patient and give it a couple days.

Clicked and Voila "Not Found". My primary issue is that I would not have ordered had I known or read that it would take at least 3 weeks
(given that it will be 3 weeks on Thursday and it still shows as not being shipped as of tonight).
Just sayin.

cdoram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdoram

Still no bags, and they show as not shipped... bought this for a wedding that was oct 28th. I have been asking to cancel this order since the 25th of october and I get no response from woot staff. I'm not looking forward to unloading 30 (used two accounts with orders of 3 each) wine bags to relatives. I don't have any reason to have these bags since the wedding is over and they were going to be the favors. :-(

inkycatz

cdoram wrote:Still no bags, and they show as not shipped... bought this for a wedding that was oct 28th. I have been asking to cancel this order since the 25th of october and I get no response from woot staff. I'm not looking forward to unloading 30 (used two accounts with orders of 3 each) wine bags to relatives. I don't have any reason to have these bags since the wedding is over and they were going to be the favors. :-(

Hey there, ping support@woot.com again and we'll let them know to be on the look out for your request, ok?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

**** DELAYS ON WINE BAGS ****

Hello,

We've had a difficult time getting these bags delivered. First the manufacturer shorted some product AND these were fulfilled out of our NJ satellite warehouse which now has no power (thanks Sandy).

We are HOPING to now get them out next week.

VERY SORRY for these compounding delays. I assure you the bags will arrive in good working order, but please contact support@woot.com if you'd rather cancel the order (which is understandable).

meow57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meow57
Winedavid39 wrote:**** DELAYS ON WINE BAGS ****

Hello,

We've had a difficult time getting these bags delivered. First the manufacturer shorted some product AND these were fulfilled out of our NJ satellite warehouse which now has no power (thanks Sandy).

VERY SORRY for these compounding delays. I assure you the bags will arrive in good working order, but please contact support@woot.com if you'd rather cancel the order (which is understandable).

thanks for keeping us updated on this issue. I am planning these for Christmas gifts, with wine of course, so I am going to let things take their course. But I do hope to see them prior to thanksgiving....

elontom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elontom

Hello,

Sounds like an easy excuse to use. If I don't see a New Jersey origination on my FedEx tracking, I'm going to be pissed!

DemonXanth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DemonXanth

Hello,

Thank you for the update. A little communication goes a long way.

cmichael258

DemonXanth wrote:Thank you for the update. A little communication goes a long way.

+1

usrklw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usrklw

Hello,

Is there a reason you've chosen to communicate this delay on a community board instead of sending emails specifically to people who ordered this product? I've been asking support for 2 weeks now about status of my order (ordered 4 weeks ago) and have been receiving a 'give it a few weeks' response.

Also, my tracking says that the origination is Califorina (tracking says that shipping information has been received but no product is in the system). Why would an NJ issue have anything to do with the shipping times?

swimmerparent