WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Core Santa Barbara Red Combo (4)

Speed to First Woot:
6m 24.661s
First Sucker:
Cskimmer
Last Wooter to Woot:
damaddaloni
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 40% of Wine Woots
Bottom 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 41% of Wine Woots
Top 41% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 5% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 18% < 25 woots
  • 56% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 80% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 84% bought 1
  • 14% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
3%
1%
1%
0%
2%
4%
7%
7%
11%
6%
2%
9%
3%
4%
2%
5%
4%
5%
3%
2%
5%
4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1562 Private Messages Cesare

Core Winery Santa Barbara County Red Combo 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $128.90*) 46% off List Price
2008 Core Grenache, Santa Barbara County
2007 C3 Tempranillo Reserve, Santa Barbara County
2008 Core Grenache Reserve, Santa Barbara County
2007 Ground Around Blend, Santa Barbara County
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
2/10/12

  • Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.
  • *Now Includes winery srp, (lowest) sales tax and shipping.
  • -il Cesare
    Sole Absolute Triple
    Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
    “In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

    Cskimmer


    quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cskimmer

    Went on a wine binge in Edna Valley last weekend, this looked interesting enough. In for 1.

    chemvictim


    quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

    I tried the Core Grenache (the red label, not the reserve) and the Ground Around blend.

    The Ground Around had an interesting taste of dark fruit and tea, with a smokey (although short) finish. My husband and I thought it would go well with grilled chicken. When slightly below room temperature, it reminded me of the Ortman Cuvee Eddy we got from woot some time ago. To me, this wine was much better with a leetle bit of chill than at room temperature. At room temperature, it left a weird mealy texture in my mouth.

    The Grenache was definitely a hit at my house. Red fruit and leather, with a long finish, and a bit of mint after several seconds. After it was open awhile, the leather gave way to cedar. We had this wine with Pork Marsala (and later chocolate truffles) and it was a good pairing, but I think I'd prefer to just drink it by itself. I really liked this one - my notes have hearts and rainbow doodles scribbled around. Yum.

    blakewoot


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

    To save you a bunch of clicks: the combined CT price for the four wines is about $70, and the average CT points is around 90.

    This is a solid deal.

    EDIT: Combined CT price is actually $83. This is a very good deal.

    random122


    quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

    I had the chance to try the Grenache Reserve this past week at the office.

    Medium bodied and fruit forward with a smokey nose/finish. Tart cherries stood out on the palate. Of the half a dozen or so bottles we opened, this was the first to go. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.

    random122


    quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

    Here are some additional notes from around the office:

    "Yum!"
    "Bold fruit, dry finish."
    "I like this one."

    trifecta


    quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

    CT shows I have a bottle of the tempranillo at home. Will open and post notes tonight if I have a chance and it isn't sold out yet.

    Reviews on the other wines is promising.....
    RJ listed good scores on CT for all 4.

    bhodilee


    quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
    random122 wrote:Here are some additional notes from around the office:

    "Yum!"
    "Bold fruit, dry finish."
    "I like this one."



    That's what she said.




    we are doing office quotes right?

    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

    – George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

    trifecta


    quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
    chemvictim wrote:I tried the Core Grenache (the red label, not the reserve) and the Ground Around blend.

    The Ground Around had an interesting taste of dark fruit and tea, with a smokey (although short) finish. My husband and I thought it would go well with grilled chicken. When slightly below room temperature, it reminded me of the Ortman Cuvee Eddy we got from woot some time ago. To me, this wine was much better with a leetle bit of chill than at room temperature. At room temperature, it left a weird mealy texture in my mouth.



    You had me at Cuvée Eddy. Love that stuff, only a few bottles left from the 18 bottles I bought. I have been been trying to not buy wine.... But this deal is making it really tough.

    ERMD


    quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD



    Last Wooter to Woot:
    ERMD

    Need I say more. Hope Dave shows up.

    neilfindswine


    quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

    Guest Blogger

    random122 wrote:I had the chance to try the Grenache Reserve this past week at the office.

    Medium bodied and fruit forward with a smokey nose/finish. Tart cherries stood out on the palate. Of the half a dozen or so bottles we opened, this was the first to go. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.



    ...at the office? I want a job where I can taste wine in my office! Oh, wait...

    I report to winedavid39...
    ...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

    inkycatz


    quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    neilfindswine wrote:...at the office? I want a job where I can taste wine in my office! Oh, wait...



    I see what you did there.

    I'm just hanging out, really.

    bcudone


    quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

    Why is this a solid deal if the Woot $ equals the CT $?

    blakewoot wrote:To save you a bunch of clicks: the combined CT price for the four wines is about $70, and the average CT points is around 90.

    This is a solid deal.



    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine

    Hello everyone, finally got the kids off and I'm on. Thanks to all of you who have purchased so far. I think you'll enjoy the selections.

    Dave
    www.corewine.com

    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine
    trifecta wrote:CT shows I have a bottle of the tempranillo at home. Will open and post notes tonight if I have a chance and it isn't sold out yet.

    Reviews on the other wines is promising.....
    RJ listed good scores on CT for all 4.



    RJ and the Rhone Report are who I trust the most to review my wines. Love their attention to detail.

    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine
    bcudone wrote:Why is this a solid deal if the Woot $ equals the CT $?



    thank you for doing that.

    tytiger58


    quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

    This is going to be hard to resist, been loving California Grenache lately.

    What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

    “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




    djlund999


    quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999
    blakewoot wrote:To save you a bunch of clicks: the combined CT price for the four wines is about $70, and the average CT points is around 90.

    This is a solid deal.




    What is 'CT'?

    North316


    quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
    djlund999 wrote:What is 'CT'?



    Connecticut. It is the mecca of all wine purchasers and reviewers so if Connecticut likes it, we do as well. Make sense?

    My CT
    "Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
    R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

    blakewoot


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
    bcudone wrote:Why is this a solid deal if the Woot $ equals the CT $?



    It is fashionable to disdain points-based evaluation of wines, but when multiple sources all give a specific wine high points in a similar range I take that as a useful indicator of quality.

    As far as CT (Cellar Tracker) prices go, they are merely another indicator, but I do use them to judge quality of a deal. If I want a wine and it is offered at the same price as CT, then I don't hesitate. I'm often willing to pay more than CT price, and if it is significantly less than CT - and there are enough CT entries to be meaningful - then I consider that a great deal.

    I keep in mind that CT prices have a "race to the bottom" effect as well. If a bunch of people buy a wine on a limited-time screaming bargain deal, then that lowers the CT value in a way which might be unrealistic at a later date.

    These four wines look very good across the board, and the fact that CT data shows high points and prices in line with today's offer makes the overall deal even more appealing. Solid deal.

    EDIT: In fact, my math was a little too casual earlier. The combined CT value of these four wines is actually $83, which makes this a very good deal!

    neilfindswine


    quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

    Guest Blogger

    ...enjoyed tasting these wines and meeting Dave at the Family Winemaker's tasting in SF a couple 'o months ago. Dug all of these... I'm still in my 'grenache phase' and these were solid, and really enjoyed the Temp. Thanks for stopping in Dave!

    I report to winedavid39...
    ...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

    random122


    quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
    blakewoot wrote:The combined CT value of these four wines is actually $83, which makes this a very good deal!



    I suck at the Internet. Where do you see the avg. prices on CT?

    blakewoot


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
    random122 wrote:I suck at the Internet. Where do you see the avg. prices on CT?



    I think you have to be a registered user and logged-in to view the prices?

    ajrod27


    quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
    blakewoot wrote:I think you have to be a registered user and logged-in to view the prices?



    You have to make a donation to view the CT average price. Or, you can buy the Cor.kz app ($4 I believe) for your phone, which includes the CT price feature.

    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine
    neilfindswine wrote:...enjoyed tasting these wines and meeting Dave at the Family Winemaker's tasting in SF a couple 'o months ago. Dug all of these... I'm still in my 'grenache phase' and these were solid, and really enjoyed the Temp. Thanks for stopping in Dave!



    Great meeting you and all of the other nice people at the event.

    losthighwayz


    quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

    were these on another site recently? this a better deal? I was interested then

    "The older I get the better I was"

    random122


    quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
    ajrod27 wrote:You have to make a donation to view the CT average price. Or, you can buy the Cor.kz app ($4 I believe) for your phone, which includes the CT price feature.



    Thanks (and blakewoot) for the info!

    Really want to order this, but I'm not sure if I can justify the money or find the space. Fridge is full and I've got wine in three separate closets with more wine coming. What to do...

    neilfindswine


    quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

    Guest Blogger

    random122 wrote:Thanks (and blakewoot) for the info!

    Really want to order this, but I'm not sure if I can justify the money or find the space. Fridge is full and I've got wine in three separate closets with more wine coming. What to do...



    It sounds like you need to add more closets, drink faster, or throw some wine tasting parties.... Just trying to help ;)

    I report to winedavid39...
    ...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

    blakewoot


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

    Ok, I'm getting off the fence and jumping in on this deal. I just re-stocked on Swami Pinot Noir, so my shipping is covered.

    In for one!

    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine
    blakewoot wrote:Ok, I'm getting off the fence and jumping in on this deal. I just re-stocked on Swami Pinot Noir, so my shipping is covered.

    In for one!


    Thank you

    trifecta


    quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

    I'm off the fence as well. In for one.

    blakewoot


    quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
    corewine wrote:Thank you



    Thank you, Dave, for being here today and putting up with us.

    BTW, can you give us a drinking window for the Grenache? And maybe the others as well? Should we drink them soon, or will they be good for a few years?

    corewine


    quality posts: 5 Private Messages corewine
    blakewoot wrote:Thank you, Dave, for being here today and putting up with us.

    BTW, can you give us a drinking window for the Grenache? And maybe the others as well? Should we drink them soon, or will they be good for a few years?



    My pleasure.

    The Grenache always surprises me. I did 10-20% stem inclusion for the reserve. It will be interesting to see about ageing. You should be good for at least 3 years.
    The Tempranillo was aged for 37 months in barrel. I wanted to bottle the wine so that you wouldn't have to age it in bottle for too long. You should be good for another 5 years with that wine.
    Ground Around is one of my top end Cuvee's. 42 months in barrel and should go at least 10 years.

    random122


    quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

    I'll find space somewhere. Couldn't resist. Got in just in time. Looking forward to these.

    westirish


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages westirish

    Bought wine package 11 days ago and still hasn't shipped yet???

    ThunderThighs


    quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

    Staff

    westirish wrote:Bought wine package 11 days ago and still hasn't shipped yet???



    Greetings. Wine takes a bit longer to ship than stuff from the other sites.

    Here's info from the FAQ:

    How long is shipment going to take?
    You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.



    Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy
    ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

    glassglass


    quality posts: 1 Private Messages glassglass
    ThunderThighs wrote:Greetings. Wine takes a bit longer to ship than stuff from the other sites.

    Here's info from the FAQ:

    How long is shipment going to take?
    You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.



    OK, tomorrow will be a month. I think its time to ship now.

    inkycatz


    quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    glassglass wrote:OK, tomorrow will be a month. I think its time to ship now.



    If you have any concerns about your order status, please contact support@woot.com for more information.

    I'm just hanging out, really.

    glassglass


    quality posts: 1 Private Messages glassglass
    inkycatz wrote:If you have any concerns about your order status, please contact support@woot.com for more information.


    I would like to know why my order was canceled, (unilaterally by woot, after month and a half and no explaination). I have no idea what is going on. Please inform me.