HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:Do you get free baggage? May be an opportunity to get the Cyber Pub Blend you have for me.

Which year's CyberPub blend is it that I have for you again? It's a half case of the 2011, right?

As for free baggage, you only get one free bag with JetBlue. And unless I can figure a way to pack such that I only need my carry-on, then I'll need that free bag for my suitcase.
But yeah, maybe Cat can bring her 6 bottles to be delivered to you. And the 6 that came home with me can just stay here.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Which year's CyberPub blend is it that I have for you again? It's a half case of the 2011, right?

As for free baggage, you only get one free bag with JetBlue. And unless I can figure a way to pack such that I only need my carry-on, then I'll need that free bag for my suitcase.
But yeah, maybe Cat can bring her 6 bottles to be delivered to you. And the 6 that came home with me can just stay here.

Oh I don't still have all 6. Guess you'll need to bring some after all. Y'know. Christmas. For New Years. Where we're driving and don't have to worry about baggage

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Oh I don't still have all 6. Guess you'll need to bring some after all. Y'know. Christmas. For New Years. Where we're driving and don't have to worry about baggage

You two are funny. Aren't you able to discuss this in person this weekend?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Oh I don't still have all 6. Guess you'll need to bring some after all. Y'know. Christmas. For New Years. Where we're driving and don't have to worry about baggage

That seems like the most sensible plan to me, FWIW.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

On target, it was the 2011, or Cyber Pub Blend #3. Six bottles.

Also, we are planning a get together here in CT for the Xmas week. Need to finalize a date, but maybe you two can make it up. (We have a nice guest room.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

bahwm wrote:You two are funny. Aren't you able to discuss this in person this weekend?

She's already on her drive home (left yesterday afternoon), so no we can't discuss this in person. Though over Gchat, the phone, etc...yeah, those things work too. But much more fun to do it here.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bahwm

HitAnyKey42 wrote:She's already on her drive home (left yesterday afternoon), so no we can't discuss this in person. Though over Gchat, the phone, etc...yeah, those things work too. But much more fun to do it here.

I realized a while after I posted that she was on her way home. And, of course, it is more fun to discuss here!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Bump, anyone in Buffalo or surrounded area this is going to be a great weekend, and some amazing wooters are going to be making an appearance.

HitAnyKey42

Passport with renewal form is now in the mail, so hopefully it should come back to me in time. Otherwise, I guess I get to live in Canada for awhile when they don't let me back across the border.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

polarbear22

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Passport with renewal form is now in the mail, so hopefully it should come back to me in time. Otherwise, I guess I get to live in Canada for awhile when they don't let me back across the border.

Nah. You'll be waiting at the border in the US when they won't let you into Canada. Hope you get it in time.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

tiger7610

Bump, I'm excited about this event. Java Gourmet the person behind the rubs and coffee might be coming for the dinner at seabar at this event. I just saw her yesterday when I was re-stocking my office coffee.

polarbear22

Booked the hotel. Best Western at Lackawanna at $85/night. Still need to completely convince my wife to go. And have the weather cooperate.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Passport with renewal form is now in the mail, so hopefully it should come back to me in time. Otherwise, I guess I get to live in Canada for awhile when they don't let me back across the border.

There's a passport office in Buffalo now, where you can get one in a matter of hours. Don't they have such a thing in New York City?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I don't think I'll be able to make this event. I'm in Syracuse, so getting there isn't as much of an issue as being able to leave. I work overnight on both Friday and Saturday nights, so it means taking 2 days off or missing half of the event (or sleeping through part of it, and where's the fun in that?). I definitely will have to watch for other events in the area, though, as I would love to taste some wine and meet people!

bahwm

ibexscribe wrote:I don't think I'll be able to make this event. I'm in Syracuse, so getting there isn't as much of an issue as being able to leave. I work overnight on both Friday and Saturday nights, so it means taking 2 days off or missing half of the event (or sleeping through part of it, and where's the fun in that?). I definitely will have to watch for other events in the area, though, as I would love to taste some wine and meet people!

Hi and welcome! Definitely keep your eyes open. We do several events each year and we'd love to have you join us sometime!

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:There's a passport office in Buffalo now, where you can get one in a matter of hours. Don't they have such a thing in New York City?

Maybe in NYC, but probably not out in his boondocks.

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

We just got our passes in the mail a couple of days ago. Really looking forward to making the trip.

tiger7610

Cheron could you pick up the passes for me at the first winery? I can paypal you the money before hand, or give it to you there?

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Cheron could you pick up the passes for me at the first winery? I can paypal you the money before hand, or give it to you there?

paypal before would be super appreciated. do you need my email addy?

Anyone else want me to pick up passes on my way through Canada?

tiger7610

cheron98 wrote:paypal before would be super appreciated. do you need my email addy?

Anyone else want me to pick up passes on my way through Canada?

Yeah, I assume I can pay via a credit card on paypal since I believe I did that once. I do not believe in linking my bank account through paypal. Just pm me your paypal stuff.

bahwm

ddeuddeg & I are starting to gear up for the Shakespeare in Delaware Park Fabulous Feast Dinner and Auction on Sat. March 23, 2013. If any of you coming to Buffalo have a bunch of empty gift baskets that you want to get rid of, please bring them with you. We are down to none for this year's Feast and hate to put out money to purchase baskets. Of course, if you'd like to donate a filled one, we'd be happy to accept that from you, too!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Probably not going to make it out for this after all.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably not going to make it out for this after all.

Awwww, Oh, wait: for the Ice Wine Festival, the Feast or this summer?

fishzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishzine

Sadly, not going to be able to make it to this one Have a great time everyone.

bahwm

fishzine wrote:Sadly, not going to be able to make it to this one Have a great time everyone.

Oh, noes! So sorry! We were so hoping that your were going to be able to make it!
Hopefully, next year!

tiger7610

fishzine wrote:Sadly, not going to be able to make it to this one Have a great time everyone.

Sad to hear that! Was hoping you will be able to make it.

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda

Ok, about to book hotel... I got all my ducks lined up, and ready for another trip to Niagara!

To be clear - we are planning on things both Saturday _and_ Sunday? Makes a difference on whether I head home Sunday afternoon or head home Monday. Then again, there is this great beer bar downtown.... Ok, Monday it is!!

See you all on Friday the 25th!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

ddeuddeg

wkdpanda wrote:Ok, about to book hotel... I got all my ducks lined up, and ready for another trip to Niagara!

To be clear - we are planning on things both Saturday _and_ Sunday? Makes a difference on whether I head home Sunday afternoon or head home Monday. Then again, there is this great beer bar downtown.... Ok, Monday it is!!

See you all on Friday the 25th!

Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing you again. Bahwm and I were just discussing plans for the weekend over dinner tonight. She'll be posting something soon, trying to accommodate everyone's arrival times as well as trying to showcase what's special about Buffalo, foodwise. For now, we're thinking maybe beef on weck Friday night for those who are here, followed by dessert at our house; Saturday's pretty well set with icewine all day and Seabar for dinner. Then we could go to the birthplace of Buffalo-style chicken wings for lunch on Sunday. As always, we'd love to show off our church on Sunday morning. More details later.

justplainjulie

We got a better deal and switched our hotel to the Best Western Plus the Inn of Lackawanna

tiger7610

Still debating either very late friday night arrival or early saturday morning. Are there plans to carpool from bahwm &d-dog house? If there are, what time should I arrive? Sadly due to the fact that I have to teach a lab on monday I will probably leave on sunday, but might still try to make anchor bar on sunday even though I prefer Duffs. My sunday plans are still up in the air since I should spend some time with my brother as well.

bahwm

justplainjulie wrote:We got a better deal and switched our hotel to the Best Western Plus the Inn of Lackawanna

Cool! I'll make the switch on the first post. When is your flight back home again?

cheron98

I should probably note that I have all of Friday off and will lazily meander my way out there through the day. Probably leave here around 10am, which should put me out in Niagara around 2pm. I have no doubt that I will be popping into a winery or two, since I intend to purchase passes on the way. Will probably save all my winery purchases for Saturday though so I don't have to keep declaring the wines over and over and over... Will probably make an attempt to be to Chez B&D by 5pm. 3 hours should be enough time to bop around a little and get across a bridge.

For those of you who have sent me a PM with request to pick up yours, I got your requests, I have responded with payment info. As for the rest of you, if you want me to pick up your passes, send me a PM, I'll get you my PayPal info. Definitely prefer having that available prior to heading out there

tiger7610

Will pay you soon cheron, still $40 correct?

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Will pay you soon cheron, still $40 correct?

yup.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
tiger7610 wrote:Still debating either very late friday night arrival or early saturday morning. Are there plans to carpool from bahwm &d-dog house? If there are, what time should I arrive? Sadly due to the fact that I have to teach a lab on monday I will probably leave on sunday, but might still try to make anchor bar on sunday even though I prefer Duffs. My sunday plans are still up in the air since I should spend some time with my brother as well.

Duff's? Isn't that in Toronto?!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tiger7610

klezman wrote:Duff's? Isn't that in Toronto?!

There is a location in Buffalo suburb (Amherst)

polarbear22

justplainjulie wrote:We got a better deal and switched our hotel to the Best Western Plus the Inn of Lackawanna

What did you get for a deal? We are there for $100/night with taxes.

My Cellar

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:I should probably note that I have all of Friday off and will lazily meander my way out there through the day. Probably leave here around 10am, which should put me out in Niagara around 2pm. I have no doubt that I will be popping into a winery or two, since I intend to purchase passes on the way. Will probably save all my winery purchases for Saturday though so I don't have to keep declaring the wines over and over and over... Will probably make an attempt to be to Chez B&D by 5pm. 3 hours should be enough time to bop around a little and get across a bridge.

For those of you who have sent me a PM with request to pick up yours, I got your requests, I have responded with payment info. As for the rest of you, if you want me to pick up your passes, send me a PM, I'll get you my PayPal info. Definitely prefer having that available prior to heading out there

We will be last week call on passes, since we have to wait on weather. Please PM me paypal info so I can be prepared.

My Cellar

justplainjulie

polarbear22 wrote:What did you get for a deal? We are there for $100/night with taxes.

It was around $95 with taxes on Travelocity

polarbear22

justplainjulie wrote:It was around $95 with taxes on Travelocity

Thanks. Nice, but not enough to spend the time to switch. Look forward to meeting you.

My Cellar