klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and happy 10/11/12 to everyone!!!

No no...that's 30 days from now. Today is 11/10/12!

Sparky!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
klezman wrote:No no...that's 30 days from now. Today is 11/10/12!

Sparky!

Canadians! Sheesh!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
InFrom wrote:Canadians! Sheesh!

Americans always have to be different

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not quite ... Erictx & Jopo were trying to see how long they could pull the sheep over on us.

Plus Jopo typed/talked like a girl, whereas swafe... not so much

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:you're gonna get in trouble ;)

Why should he get in trouble for speaking the truth?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Why? It's not as if I referred to "female logic" as an oxymoron.

see now THAT could get you in trouble

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Americans always have to be different

'tis true. My Bangalore "buddies" would agree with Klez.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:'tis true. My Bangalore "buddies" would agree with Klez.

bangalore buddies.....now that just sounds dirty.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

InFrom

HitAnyKey42 wrote:bangalore buddies.....now that just sounds dirty.

OK you kids, get a room, willya?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
InFrom wrote:OK you kids, get a room, willya?

I think they upgraded and will probably get a house/condo together.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:see now THAT could get you in trouble

Yes, if I'd actually said that. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. At least, not that stupid.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

More thunder and lightning. Also looks like more rain. Which we can use.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:More thunder and lightning. Also looks like more rain. Which we can use.

we have had 2 day with no rain... maybe we can dry out a bit....

mommadeb1

yippie, no school tomorrow....I am soooo tired.... I have been getting to work by 7:30 and not leaving before 4! I left work at 6 today! now watching the debate has me almost asleep!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:More thunder and lightning. Also looks like more rain. Which we can use.

Oh, how I wish it would rain. I miss it.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:yippie, no school tomorrow....I am soooo tired.... I have been getting to work by 7:30 and not leaving before 4! I left work at 6 today! now watching the debate has me almost asleep!

Why no school??? I left around 5 today. Kids are dismissed at 2:35. Normally, we have to stay until 2:55. I had a student until 3:35 and then, kept working to try to catch up--it's a never ending battle! Enjoy your day off!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Canadians! Sheesh!

Q: How do you know Adam was a Canadian? A: Who else could stand beside a naked woman and be tempted by a fruit?

Friends don't let friends date Canadians.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

Vouchers (Groupon/LivingSocial/etc) are a wonderful thing....
Cat had already bought a couple Vistaprint Groupons, and just last night between the two of us we got a couple of LS vouchers. So the current Vistaprint purchase plan includes $570 of stationary that will only be costing us about $170 or so.

PS. If anyone out there has any needs for buying anything from Vistaprint between now and January 12th (that's when the vouchers expire), let us know and we'll provide you Cat's LivingSocial referral link....and then mine after 2 more people have bought through hers.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Why no school??? I left around 5 today. Kids are dismissed at 2:35. Normally, we have to stay until 2:55. I had a student until 3:35 and then, kept working to try to catch up--it's a never ending battle! Enjoy your day off!

It's "teacher work day" and since I am not an official teacher, I get to stay home! elementary gets out at 2:50

InFrom

MarkDaSpark wrote:Q: How do you know Adam was a Canadian? A: Who else could stand beside a naked woman and be tempted by a fruit?

Friends don't let friends date Canadians.

I don't get it.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Vouchers (Groupon/LivingSocial/etc) are a wonderful thing....
Cat had already bought a couple Vistaprint Groupons, and just last night between the two of us we got a couple of LS vouchers. So the current Vistaprint purchase plan includes $570 of stationary that will only be costing us about $170 or so.

PS. If anyone out there has any needs for buying anything from Vistaprint between now and January 12th (that's when the vouchers expire), let us know and we'll provide you Cat's LivingSocial referral link....and then mine after 2 more people have bought through hers.

Becareful with the Vistaprint vouchers. They are awesome, but you can only use one at a time (or at least you could when I did it 1.5 yrs ago), and they also cancel out most other sales/promotions going at the same time. They are still a better deal than the sales and freebies they offer, just keep this in mind when making your purchases. You may have to buy in smaller lots to take advantage of all your vouchers.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:I don't get it.

The Adam/Eve part or the Friends part?

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:The Adam/Eve part or the Friends part?

It's possible he doesn't get the dating part.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

Anyone want this Wine Cellar?

I know I do!!

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone want this Wine Cellar?

I know I do!!

YES, PLEASE!!!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

InFrom

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's possible he doesn't get the dating part.

Hilarious, you guys. Really hilarious.

mommadeb1

I know I do!!

Sparky, this would make a great Christmas present for me....... When are you planning to ship it to me?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Sparky, this would make a great Christmas present for me....... When are you planning to ship it to me?

Well, I can email it to you! But if anyone is getting it for Christmas, it would be me!

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

I know I do!!

I like the round glass on top of the barrel - I haven't seen that before, and am quite surprised, as it seems a natural fit (as opposed to barrel 'tables' that are just barrels, which I have seen relatively often).

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I can email it to you! But if anyone is getting it for Christmas, it would be me!

But, I DRINK my wine, thus it should be mine!!!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I know I do!!

Not nearly enough storage there. Get rid of that glass storage rack, you'll never use them any way

chemvictim

Flights from Reno to Memphis are so danged expensive. Bleh.

MarkDaSpark

Too funny!!!

chemvictim

I really need to learn how to feign enthusiasm for all things baseball. My husband is so annoyed that I don't give half a flip.

mommadeb1

Just watched Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It wasn't too bad. I liked it.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mommadeb1 wrote:Just watched Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It wasn't too bad. I liked it.

is that out?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Just watched 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' and ... wow. Amazing. Flights to Tokyo are $1000, and dinner there is $382 for 20 pieces of sushi. Is that too much for sushi?

chemvictim

This is full of bad language, but if you don't mind that, the comments are hilarious.

I admit I often swear at work. I'm not sure if it counts though, since there are no other people around.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:This is full of bad language, but if you don't mind that, the comments are hilarious.

I admit I often swear at work. I'm not sure if it counts though, since there are no other people around.

I cuss all the time at work. Not if some farmer bastard is up front, but otherwise constantly. On purpose of course. I like to make people uncomfortable.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:I cuss all the time at work. Not if some farmer bastard is up front, but otherwise constantly. On purpose of course. I like to make people uncomfortable.

Farmer bastards in Nebraska must be different from farmer bastards in Arkansas! Some of my fondest memories of my dad involve epic cursing.