otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Top of the mornin' to everyone!

edit: me!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Top of the mornin' to everyone!

edit: SPARKY!

IFTFY

And I thought of another tab we could use ... Wine Area Suggestions!

In addition to a "W.W Gatherings" tab, we could use one for all the threads on wine trips suggestions. We've had people asking about trips to the various Wine areas as well as about places to have weddings.

But all those get lost, so a section (IMHO) on Wine Area suggestions would be handy.

Plus we wouldn't get all those repeat threads for Napa, Sonoma, Paso, etc.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Anniversary dinner last night was sesame crusted seared Ahi tuna with homemade rice cakes. Paired it with 2008 Porter-Bass Chardonnay. I really liked this Chardonnay. I hope to see a return here.

We closed the evening with a bottle of Chandon Étoile Rosé brut. Ahhhh.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY

In addition to a "W.W Gatherings" tab, we could use one for all the threads on wine trips suggestions. We've had people asking about trips to the various Wine areas as well as about places to have weddings.

But all those get lost, so a section (IMHO) on Wine Area suggestions would be handy.

What would be nice is if people put all that Potty Emergency! in the pub where it belongs. Drives me f'n crazy.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY

How about Wine Woot Travel, and combine them?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Anniversary dinner last night was sesame crusted seared Ahi tuna with homemade rice cakes. Paired it with 2008 Porter-Bass Chardonnay. I really liked this Chardonnay. I hope to see a return here.

how do you make rice cakes? my only experience with rice cakes are dry and caramel flavored (I like htem though, I'm weird).

Dinner tonight is smoked chicken. Made it last night with the intent of eating today.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

polarbear22

bhodilee wrote:how do you make rice cakes? my only experience with rice cakes are dry and caramel flavored (I like htem though, I'm weird).

Dinner tonight is smoked chicken. Made it last night with the intent of eating today.

First, my wife makes them, not me. So they turn out well. She cooks the rice, a variety that is sticky. Lets it cool. Forms the cakes in a small measuring cup, 1/4 I think. So they are about 1.5 inches in diameter and a half inch thick. Put some sesame seeds on top and bottom, not coated. And then fry in oil to crisp the top and bottom.

I'll get the details and edit this later.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote:How about Wine Woot Travel, and combine them?

That could work. If it would get them to finally do it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:how do you make rice cakes? my only experience with rice cakes are dry and caramel flavored (I like htem though, I'm weird).

My grandmother & great aunt used to make a risotto using the family pasta sauce (not normal spaghetti sauce, but homemade).

Anything risotto not finished would go into Rice Croquettes (rice cakes).

They would make them by mixing in 1 or 2 beaten eggs with risotto and extra cheese.

They would form the croquettes (basically ovals) and roll or dip them in bread crumbs. Then sauté (fry) slowly in small pan with olive oil until brown on all sides.

They were so good (warm or leftover)!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
bhodilee wrote:What would be nice is if people put all that Potty Emergency! in the pub where it belongs. Drives me f'n crazy.

Agreed.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
inkycatz wrote:How about Wine Woot Travel, and combine them?

How about woot gives us all a million dollars each?

Oh, sorry. I thought we were just saying things we wished would happen but never actually will.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:What do you mean by that?!?

ha ha ha

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:Anniversary dinner last night was sesame crusted seared Ahi tuna with homemade rice cakes. Paired it with 2008 Porter-Bass Chardonnay. I really liked this Chardonnay. I hope to see a return here.

happy anniversary! sounds like you had an awesome dinner!! (except for the chard)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Congrats, and best wishes for many more. I like a good Chard, too, but I would have been more inclined to have a nice Pinot Noir with the tuna. The Chandon is a nice one, isn't it?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:Good... there is hope for him!

mommadeb1 wrote:ha ha ha

otolith wrote:What do you mean by that?!?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

New class starts tomorrow. And by tomorrow, I mean in 6 hours. Guess I'm not getting any sleep.

otolith

Itwdswafo wrote:New class starts tomorrow. And by tomorrow, I mean in 6 hours. Guess I'm not getting any sleep.

Go to bed, man!

--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
otolith wrote:Go to bed, man!

Shhh you'll wake him!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:Go to bed, woman!

LMFTFY!

Definitely need another good night's sleep. Trying to ward off whatever is trying to get the best of me! The weekend in Stratford helped a lot. Next helper: a massage on Saturday and dinner at our niece's house. Oh, but it's still Wed!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bahwm wrote:LMFTFY!:

Wait, what?

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Wait, what?

I was wondering about that ... but then with old-timers, I couldn't be sure.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Nematic!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

bhodilee

Itwdswafo wrote:Wait, what?

Ah, the internet and androgyny. O said go to bed MAN. Bahwm corrected it to WOman (which I believe is possibly correct? I have no idea what you're working with, I just think of you as Eggo).

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:Congrats, and best wishes for many more. I like a good Chard, too, but I would have been more inclined to have a nice Pinot Noir with the tuna. The Chandon is a nice one, isn't it?

Thanks. We did have a Pinot with Ahi last time. Very complementary pairing. But the Porter-Bass chard was a very good complement as well. That was my last bottle of that Chandon. Last purchase was a 3 for 2 at 20% while in their wine club. Finally dropped their club since they don't ship to CT.

My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:Ah, the internet and androgyny. O said go to bed MAN. Bahwm corrected it to WOman (which I believe is possibly correct? I have no idea what you're working with, I just think of you as Eggo).

Itwdswafo is a guy, for sure. Met him. However, I think what bahwm was trying to do was fix it as though O was saying it to HER instead since she "Definitely need another good night's sleep", and then hilarity ensued.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

I think the very best, nay, only good thing about facebook is the opportunity to say outrageous things on people's walls that you haven't talked to or thought about in roughly ever. It's like a jackass godsend.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Itwdswafo is a guy, for sure. Met him. However, I think what bahwm was trying to do was fix it as though O was saying it to HER instead since she "Definitely need another good night's sleep", and then hilarity ensued.

damnit. It's like Jopo all over again.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:damnit. It's like Jopo all over again.

Not quite ... Erictx & Jopo were trying to see how long they could pull the sheep over on us.

MarkDaSpark

Ah, the joys of the internetwebz. Or rather the stupidity of Yahoo.

For some bizarre reason, Yahoo seems to think I'm in Texas rather than in California. Based on my "IP address".

The joys of trying to find a local movie theater. Or rather trying to set one in My Yahoo. I knew there was a reason I hardly use Yahoo for anything anymore.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ah, the joys of the internetwebz. Or rather the stupidity of Yahoo.

For some bizarre reason, Yahoo seems to think I'm in Texas rather than in California. Based on my "IP address".

The joys of trying to find a local movie theater. Or rather trying to set one in My Yahoo. I knew there was a reason I hardly use Yahoo for anything anymore.

Atlas Shrugged II?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Atlas Shrugged II?

Nah ... Just trying to see what's playing.

Oh, and happy 10/11/12 to everyone!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Itwdswafo is a guy, for sure. Met him. However, I think what bahwm was trying to do was fix it as though O was saying it to HER instead since she "Definitely need another good night's sleep", and then hilarity ensued.

As she said. However, a really good night's sleep did not occur: I had a REALLY nasty coughing fit. Ugh!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

And it took another female, with the corresponding female logic, to unravel it successfully.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:And it took another female, with the corresponding female logic, to unravel it successfully.

you're gonna get in trouble ;)

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:you're gonna get in trouble ;)

it's ok, she probably won't notice, since she still didn't get a good night's sleep.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Don't confuse Waffles, he hasn't had much sleep. And he's probably playing with knives and such.

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:you're gonna get in trouble ;)

Why? It's not as if I referred to "female logic" as an oxymoron.

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:Don't confuse Waffles, he hasn't had much sleep. And he's probably playing with knives and such.

I read that as donut coffee waffles and my thought was, yes please

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:Why? It's not as if I referred to "female logic" as an oxymoron.

well yeah, as long as you don't point that out, you'll be fine

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

For anyone out there who's interested in picking up one of those Houdini opener sets, they're up on Home in a Plus sale for $9. The blue color is pretty nice, I've seen it. They also have it in plum and champagne.