bs8118

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bs8118

This offically puts me over my ability to store 10 cases in my wire rack.

In for 3

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03
trifecta wrote:I would disagree. While that may be true for the vintage in general, the 2001 is fading already.

Is this the general consensus? I am in for two and want to know if these should be consumed soon...or if there is really no hurry. Any other opinions on this?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

billmoore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmoore

Surprised this is still available worth the gamble, will be nice to serve some good old wine. In for three, would love to hear how WD finds these deals, but that would give away his trade secrets. He also rarely comments, come on WD open up. Do they come to you or do you work like a dog to find deals like this?

alexp1088

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexp1088

ww has been a roll lately...taking me to the poor house

ardentevintner

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
jcarlton03 wrote:Is this the general consensus? I am in for two and want to know if these should be consumed soon...or if there is really no hurry. Any other opinions on this?

I wouldn't say you need to hurry...although sometimes life is too short to wait to enjoy something good. I always use our china and good soap;) enjoy!

ardentevintner

alexp1088 wrote:ww has been a roll lately...taking me to the poor house

Seriously, they really know how to get their hands on the good stuff. We should just be grateful they share the deals!

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
alexp1088 wrote:ww has been a roll lately...taking me to the poor house

Definitely. Thanks to WD, Neil, the wineries et al. for at least making sure we're happy as we're headed to the poor house, especially with these last few reds.

ardentevintner

bs8118 wrote:This offically puts me over my ability to store 10 cases in my wire rack.

In for 3

Drink up! Cheers

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Waaaa no NH shipping!!:-(

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

Surprised this is still around and available. Went in for the max. several hours ago when I got home from work; afraid it would be gone by the time I got home from dinner out. These are priced quite a bit higher everywhere I have researched, and have good reviews. Aging factored in this is a steal. Looking forward to finding space in the cellar...hmmm, what to drink to make room...

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Had the 97 tonight with some good friends with dinner. They made some brunswick stew from scratch and and the 97 really added to it. I was impressed.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

jcarlton03

Mine seems to be stuck in Reno....

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jcarlton03 wrote:Mine seems to be stuck in Reno....

hrm. no bueno.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Had the 97 last night - excellent - has the subtlety and character of aged cab, definite but appropriate oak, NOT past it prime. Really a fantastic deal on some nicely aged cab - wish I had more (of the 97s at least)

jcarlton03

PemberDucky wrote:hrm. no bueno.

Well it was finally delivered last night. Hopefully no heat problems. I will let this one sit in the cellar for 2 weeks and give it a try when I return from California.

SydneyCJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SydneyCJ

Opened the 97 with in-laws (birthday get together).

So incredibly past its time, we were wondering if we got a hold of corked bottle. Even after leaving it open (and consequently opening something else), it was undrinkable.

Bummer.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
SydneyCJ wrote:Opened the 97 with in-laws (birthday get together).

So incredibly past its time, we were wondering if we got a hold of corked bottle. Even after leaving it open (and consequently opening something else), it was undrinkable.

Bummer.

Had the 97 last week and it was fantastic.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

SydneyCJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SydneyCJ
bkarlan wrote:Had the 97 last week and it was fantastic.

I'll keep hopeful, then. Went in for two of the offering, so have one more.

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker

Opened a 97 a couple weeks back and it was incredible...velvety and complex like a well aged wine. Opened the 2001 last night and it was corked...had to dump it and open some Corison.

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

1997 very nice,interesting wine. - a steal at the woot price
2001 - also very nice after the initial funk blew off. Loads of fruit and well balanced.

Both of these bottles have been excellent for me. The 1997 cork was in perfect shape, it actually appeared younger than many 2009's I have opened recently - I would say these were stored well...

jcarlton03

Had the '97 and was very happy with it. It really opened up after an hour and there was plenty of fruit left. Hope to try the other two soon.

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

Drinking the 2001 right now and.... hubba hubba! This is a really nice wine. Wish I'd bought two of this deal. Excellent!!!

Please offer this again sometime!

antflies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antflies

I opened the 2002 and was really impressed. Im in for another 3 bottle mix. From the comments, the 2001 and 1997 should be great as well. I jumped on 2 previous Wellington offers, and it never satisfied my pallet. For the same price, this is a great bargain.