ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
nealkb wrote:These labels look familiar. I think they were on the wtso sale?



Yes, the 2004 was...sold by a distributor. These are 3 great vintages you shouldn't pass up!

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
cortot20 wrote:I have not had any of these wines, nor can I vouch for the quality here, but based on the combination of age/price/varietal/ava this should sell through rather quickly.

Who knows something about these other than whats on the stats page?



These wines are rich, balanced, with yummy tannins and made to age! Carlo uses the best quality grapes and barrels. In the end you get an outstanding wine totally under-minded by the "iffy" label;) Try a pack. You will be stoked!

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
ardentevintner wrote:Yes, unfortunately, a distributor made a deal with WTSO before the woot deal...not a decision made by the winery. Don't let it hold you back though! These are 3 amazing vintages! WTSO only had one.



Okay! Was in for two.. Will need to up it to 3. Sounds like some interesting wines...aged cabs... Can't go wrong!

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner

Hey wooters! Good Columbus day to ya! This is Angela, wine marketing rep for Ardente on this Woot deal. I will be online in between feedings and time outs...two kids under two doesn't stop this mama from workin;)

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Out - of space, Out - of wine budget, In - for two

Ava, year, age, variety, winery participation.... Can't resist.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
cmaldoon wrote:Out - of space, Out - of wine budget, In - for two

Ava, year, age, variety, winery participation.... Can't resist.



I'm stuck debating 2 or 3. Same problem as you. No money. No space.

Neal K Bharadwaj

rockoverlondon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockoverlondon
ardentevintner wrote:Yes, the winery is still very much in business. Carlo doesn't do anything as a hobby! If you know anything about Mr. Espresso you will understand what I am talking about. He has the same attitude about his winery and works hand-on with everyone involved with his vineyard/winery. This is just a great deal put on to promote the label. Let's be real. Easy to get lost among the plethora of Napa Valley cabs...



Touche salesman! Can't pass on this one. In for one.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Based on all the positive responses I just added a third
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

hershelk


quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

I had the 2002 not that long ago, and as I recall it seemed a pretty respectable cab and a pretty good value at the Woot price here. As I recall the nose and the taste was fairly fruit forward but pretty well balanced. The first taste was slightly tannic and reminded me of currants but then it settled into something more like a plum over a fairly long finish. It benefited from a little decanting, but didn't take long to settle down.

CT

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
fredrinaldi wrote:Based on all the positive responses I just added a third
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi



In for 3!

Last Wooter to Woot:nealkb

Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

Neal K Bharadwaj

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ardentevintner wrote:Hey wooters! Good Columbus day to ya! This is Angela, wine marketing rep for Ardente on this Woot deal. I will be online in between feedings and time outs...two kids under two doesn't stop this mama from workin;)


Welcome!

I'm just hanging out, really.

runner0382


quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382

Their cab in various vintages (I believe it was 1996, 2000, 2001, 2006) was sold for $10 in the Bay Area via Grocery Outlet late last year. GO didn't get a ton of it, but most stores had 3-5 cases worth of it with Berkeley having substantially more, and it sold quickly during their 20% wine sale. All of the vintages were quite good.

Pricewise, however, this woot offering is not a deal compared to recent offerings in the B&M marketplace.

https://grossoutwine.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/2002-ardente-sangiovese/

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
runner0382 wrote:Their cab in various vintages (I believe it was 1996, 2000, 2001, 2006) was sold for $10 in the Bay Area via Grocery Outlet late last year. GO didn't get a ton of it, but most stores had 3-5 cases worth of it with Berkeley having substantially more, and it sold quickly during their 20% wine sale. All of the vintages were quite good.

Pricewise, however, this woot offering is not a deal compared to recent offerings in the B&M marketplace.

https://grossoutwine.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/2002-ardente-sangiovese/



Can I get those deals now? No. Could I have gotten them when they were available? No. Can I get this woot? Yes. It's only a deal if it's available and accessible.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
kylemittskus wrote:Can I get those deals now? No. Could I have gotten them when they were available? No. Can I get this woot? Yes. It's only a deal if it's available and accessible.



& the link is for Sangiovese, not Cab

runner0382


quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382
fredrinaldi wrote:& the link is for Sangiovese, not Cab



Well aware of that. The cabs were stocked decently at every store I went to, and the largest wine site that follows the wines at GO didn't do a specific post on the wine. Just there for info.

runner0382


quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382
kylemittskus wrote:Can I get those deals now? No. Could I have gotten them when they were available? No. Can I get this woot? Yes. It's only a deal if it's available and accessible.



No disagreement here, not an apples to apples comparison, of course, but there may be some left in the Bay Area for those around, probably only at San Pablo if it still exists.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

Recently had the opportunity to try the 1997. Upon opening, the color was dark crimson, with a brownish tint around the edges, usually a sign of some aged wine. The smell was a little raisinish or prunish. The initial taste was of soft tannins and soft dark fruits. This is not sweet, very fruity or peppery. We paired this wine with NY strip steaks, with bleu cheese on top, a baked potato, string beans and a salad. It paired very well with everything. If you are looking to try some older wine and do a comparison with other older wines for a reasonable price, then this is a deal for you.

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
kylemittskus wrote:Can I get those deals now? No. Could I have gotten them when they were available? No. Can I get this woot? Yes. It's only a deal if it's available and accessible.



Exactly, Kyle! No one else has this deal right now nor will they. So either buy up or lose out on this killer deal. These wines are exceptional and this offer is screaming, "BUY ME!!"

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
jmdavidson wrote:Recently had the opportunity to try the 1997. Upon opening, the color was dark crimson, with a brownish tint around the edges, usually a sign of some aged wine. The smell was a little raisinish or prunish. The initial taste was of soft tannins and soft dark fruits. This is not sweet, very fruity or peppery. We paired this wine with NY strip steaks, with bleu cheese on top, a baked potato, string beans and a salad. It paired very well with everything. If you are looking to try some older wine and do a comparison with other older wines for a reasonable price, then this is a deal for you.



I had to buy a few cases of the 97 after tasting it and after realizing I was in high school when this wine was made! Now I just need to invite you over to make me some dinner to pair;) This wine is way better than my high school memories...

jaykid007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

I had picked up a case at winelibrary of the 2004. It was really good. I'm in for 1 on this for sure!

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ardentevintner wrote:I had to buy a few cases of the 97 after tasting it and after realizing I was in high school when this wine was made! Now I just need to invite you over to make me some dinner to pair;) This wine is way better than my high school memories...



Such a tempting offer, 1997 and 2001 were both great Napa cab years!

You'd have to go back another ten years for a high school wine for me....got anything from the 80's

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Such a tempting offer, 1997 and 2001 were both great Napa cab years!

You'd have to go back another ten years for a high school wine for me....got anything from the 80's



Pretty sure you tried the 2001 already... I wasn't a fan, even at $20. Maybe the '97 and '02 are better...

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
runner0382 wrote:Their cab in various vintages (I believe it was 1996, 2000, 2001, 2006) was sold for $10 in the Bay Area via Grocery Outlet late last year. GO didn't get a ton of it, but most stores had 3-5 cases worth of it with Berkeley having substantially more, and it sold quickly during their 20% wine sale. All of the vintages were quite good.

Pricewise, however, this woot offering is not a deal compared to recent offerings in the B&M marketplace.

https://grossoutwine.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/2002-ardente-sangiovese/



Interesting, since the 2006 has not yet been released by the winery???

runner0382


quality posts: 1 Private Messages runner0382
bobrush12866 wrote:Interesting, since the 2006 has not yet been released by the winery???



Obviously, then my recollection is incorrect. What I do remember is that the three I tried were very solid efforts!

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Interesting offer... not sure what to expect, but seems worth it to take a flyer on aged cab from good years. In for 2.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
runner0382 wrote:Obviously, then my recollection is incorrect. What I do remember is that the three I tried were very solid efforts!



Good to hear that since I'm in x 3, but not at your $10 price.. Looking forward to trying these!

I think they're a good deal at this priciing vs website of $55 each!

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Dang it! All you people talking this up roped me in, and just when I was making some headway on drinking down the inventory!

Derek, if you're watching - another one coming your way.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I'm new to wine woot and this will be my second purchase. Picked up the Woot Cellars Quaffmor last week - I'm a fan of Cameron Hughes and perfect timing for Oyster season in the Northeast!

Have high hopes for this well priced deal. Couldn't pass it up - nice additional wine options to have available while entertaining this fall/winter.

Thanks w.w! I have two deals on the way and am all in that they will taste even better than the bargain they were!

T

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
tdedek wrote:I'm new to wine woot and this will be my second purchase. Picked up the Woot Cellars Quaffmor last week - I'm a fan of Cameron Hughes and perfect timing for Oyster season in the Northeast!

Have high hopes for this well priced deal. Couldn't pass it up - nice additional wine options to have available while entertaining this fall/winter.

Thanks w.w! I have two deals on the way and am all in that they will taste even better than the bargain they were!

T



Thanks for giving Ardente a try! You won't be disappointed. These wines are perfect for these chilly fall evenings. I have served the wines with warm foods, salads and sandwiches, soups and all have been a hit! I kid you not that these wines have converted beer-only-drinkers into winos...watch out;)

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
ardentevintner wrote:Thanks for giving Ardente a try! You won't be disappointed. These wines are perfect for these chilly fall evenings. I have served the wines with warm foods, salads and sandwiches, soups and all have been a hit! I kid you not that these wines have converted beer-only-drinkers into winos...watch out;)



Looks like the family in Texas didn't want to be left out - just placed an order for them as well. Just might get to double dip during the Thanksgiving visit~! ;d

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:Pretty sure you tried the 2001 already... I wasn't a fan, even at $20. Maybe the '97 and '02 are better...



I almost forgot we had the 2001 at the Fig. Makes me think the 97 would be pretty subdued, played out by now then.

emccarl


quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

Where else can you get 3 bottles of aged Cabernet, with the assurance that they were properly cellared (instead of sitting at a retailer's warehouse), well liked by several wooters, backed by WD, and with such excellent Winery participation. All of this for 59.99 !?!

In for 2!

First Sucker: smiledr747
Last Wooter to Woot: emccarl


DSal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

After all the positive comments I can't resist! In for 1. Any idea how much longer they will age?

pfajardo19


quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

3 of best CA Cab vintages ever since 1991 and 1994 (1997 - 97 points, 2001 - 96 points, 2002 - 96 points) and all for $20/each! I live 1 hour form Napa and it's tough finding deals like this especially for top vintage years. Barrel aged in French Oak barrels followed by several years bottle-ageing before release. Got plenty of CA cabs, but this sounds too good to pass up.
Check out the Napa Valley Wines tasting notes and profile for the 2001 and 2002 Ardente Cabs (body, acids, tannins): http://www.napavintners.com/wines/wine_search/winery.asp?id_company=175

come2thedarkside

rnagore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnagore

I work in the napa valley and I'm an avid wine Collecter of wine. This is a great price for this wine. I would recommend buying. I'm in for 3

Napa Cab

rnagore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnagore
DSal wrote:After all the positive comments I can't resist! In for 1. Any idea how much longer they will age?



Drink the 97 you can hold the others 3-5 years

Napa Cab

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rnagore wrote:Drink the 97 you can hold the others 3-5 years



I would disagree. While that may be true for the vintage in general, the 2001 is fading already.

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
pfajardo19 wrote:3 of best CA Cab vintages ever since 1991 and 1994 (1997 - 97 points, 2001 - 96 points, 2002 - 96 points) and all for $20/each! I live 1 hour form Napa and it's tough finding deals like this especially for top vintage years. Barrel aged in French Oak barrels followed by several years bottle-ageing before release. Got plenty of CA cabs, but this sounds too good to pass up.
Check out the Napa Valley Wines tasting notes and profile for the 2001 and 2002 Ardente Cabs (body, acids, tannins): http://www.napavintners.com/wines/wine_search/winery.asp?id_company=175



Yes, the longer it is decanted the better. However, we have had it right away and just as good. I am actually sipping on the 2002 that was opened yesterday. Mmmm...the perks of my job;) Cheers!

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
pfajardo19 wrote:3 of best CA Cab vintages ever since 1991 and 1994 (1997 - 97 points, 2001 - 96 points, 2002 - 96 points) and all for $20/each! I live 1 hour form Napa and it's tough finding deals like this especially for top vintage years. Barrel aged in French Oak barrels followed by several years bottle-ageing before release. Got plenty of CA cabs, but this sounds too good to pass up.
Check out the Napa Valley Wines tasting notes and profile for the 2001 and 2002 Ardente Cabs (body, acids, tannins): http://www.napavintners.com/wines/wine_search/winery.asp?id_company=175



Woot woot!

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

Couldn't resist - from all the comments worth a try. Also got a co-worker in on the offer.

I've had few cabs from late 90's early 2000's with this much age on them. The last I had was a new experience and I look forward to these. A wine with age is a much different animal than a wine in its youth.