WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What’s your personal record for how many bottles you’ve gone through in a night?
  • 28.8% - Just one, I’m afraid. 175
  • 48.1% - Two to seven. It was a great dinner party. 292
  • 12.9% - Seven to twenty. It was a HUGE dinner party. 78
  • 3% - Twenty-one to forty. It was the BEST dinner party. 18
  • 1.2% - Forty to sixty. I’m not sure I REMEMBER the dinner party. 7
  • 6.1% - More than sixty. I think the party’s still going on, in fact. 37
607 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

Just 2 bottles, Ballatore. Of course, we are talking about a *personal* best, as in 2 bottles of Ballatore I drank myself. This was one NYE, and probably the worse hangover I ever had.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri

I've never gone through an entire bottle in a night.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
silveri wrote:I've never gone through an entire bottle in a night.

Iv'e watched my FIL go through an entire bottle of white wine in an hour and then when asked by his wife deny that he drank the whole thing despite everyone else in the room not drinking any of it.

More than once.

CT

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

What's the equivalent ratio of boxes:bottles?

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

What’s your personal record for how many bottles you’ve gone through in a night?

Just me? 7 and a dime...

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

seven to twenty by myself

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

"Personal"... you keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

wgschick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgschick

Prior to last Saturday, I could have only claimed 5 for a dinner party. This past Saturday, we went through 30 very good Central Coast wines, mostly from northern Santa Barbara county. The best wine was a 1999 3L Richard Longoria, Bien Nacido Vineyard Pinot Noir. Outstanding is the only way to describe that wine.

ShaggyTx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaggyTx
silveri wrote:I've never gone through an entire bottle in a night.

Get an earlier start!

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

My personal record is 2+ bottles. I've done it a couple of times. I never made a complete three.

As for record when I was providing wine, well if you count champagne, then well we went through over 40 bottles of Andre (only the best) and beer and a couple bottles of other wine.

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

The dinner party or just me? My friends and I started early (we went to a Catholic high school and Catholic college) There was a week 7 of us spent in Spain and we cleared at least 50 bottles a night. I am the lightweight of our group and have only managed 5 or 6 or so in one night on my own.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
gooseygoose wrote:The dinner party or just me? My friends and I started early (we went to a Catholic high school and Catholic college) There was a week 7 of us spent in Spain and we cleared at least 50 bottles a night. I am the lightweight of our group and have only managed 5 or 6 or so in one night on my own.

5 or 6 in a night that you drank ON YOUR OWN? Holy crap. I think I can drink wine pretty aggressively, but that's crazy. I can do a bottle of red no problem, but doing two bottles of red in one night would get me pretty wasted. Can't imagine five or six. Wow.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan

It was a wine tasting. What I've discovered is the more money people spend, the less they spend on a bottle of wine, or they know little about wine and refuse to spend the money to learn.

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

One bottle per person at a wine tasting. Everyone had to bring a bottle off a list plus a dish to match. Suggested price range $10-20 and we had everything: sparkling, chard, pinot gris, riesling, G13, pinot noir, zin, merlot, cab, port. It was fun. Everyone was required to taste whether you hate chardonnays or only drink pink wines.

We have different levels of wine depending upon the company. Our bottles range from $150 down to less than $10. We learned early, not to waste $50 bottle on red wine drinkers who refuse to spend more than $12 per bottle at home.