lindsaygomez23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindsaygomez23
tonycyndy wrote:Here's my simple solution for determining whether to buy a wine, regardless of any "list" prices or other nonsense...

1) Do I like the wine?
2) Can I afford the wine?
3) If no to either 1 or 2, I do not buy the wine.
4) If yes to 1 and 2, I buy the wine.

Try not to over-analyze. Have a glass of wine.

Thank you... my thoughts exactly! If you like the wine or want to try it and can afford it for the price you are paying on WW, what does the MSRP really matter?!? Stop over-thinking!

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr
lindsaygomez23 wrote:Of anyone that ordered the Diablita, have you received your shipment? And If so, where in the country are you located? I am in Illinois and my order has not even shipped. Maybe they are prioritizing shipping based on geography? Or maybe they are just slow to get the wine in the mail?

Yeah, I bought the Swami and the Diablita and I still haven't received notification that either has shipped. Oh, and I live in Houston.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

schaeferr wrote:Yeah, I bought the Swami and the Diablita and I still haven't received notification that either has shipped. Oh, and I live in Houston.

might want to email service@woot.com, just to make sure everything's copacetic.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kat2cute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kat2cute

I know this is way overdue, but just thought I'd leave a comment in case they ever sell from this vendor again. It took FOREVER for them to ship the product. It took a week shy of a month to arrive at my door! But then when the 5 bottles of 2010 Reserve Muscat Blanc did arrive, it was the WORST muscat I had ever tried. Sweet muscatos are all I drink, and this didn't have even a hint of sweetness. It was just dry and gross. Complete waste of $60.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kat2cute wrote:I know this is way overdue, but just thought I'd leave a comment in case they ever sell from this vendor again. It took FOREVER for them to ship the product. It took a week shy of a month to arrive at my door! But then when the 5 bottles of 2010 Reserve Muscat Blanc did arrive, it was the WORST muscat I had ever tried. Sweet muscatos are all I drink, and this didn't have even a hint of sweetness. It was just dry and gross. Complete waste of $60.

Thanks for reporting back! Sorry it wasn't to your liking.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
kat2cute wrote:I know this is way overdue, but just thought I'd leave a comment in case they ever sell from this vendor again. It took FOREVER for them to ship the product. It took a week shy of a month to arrive at my door! But then when the 5 bottles of 2010 Reserve Muscat Blanc did arrive, it was the WORST muscat I had ever tried. Sweet muscatos are all I drink, and this didn't have even a hint of sweetness. It was just dry and gross. Complete waste of $60.

Reporting back with notes helps a lot. Two things. First, shipping takes a while. Second, not all Muscatos are sweet (thank God!). Perhaps retry the wine with the mindset that it isn't supposed to be a sweet wine? Pair it with a nice fish dish or a chicken pot pie. Or maybe you just hate all dry wine which is totally cool, too.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

What area do you live in? Maybe some wooters who like dry muscato would take it off your hands.