MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

---------------------------------------------
Edit: Updated Oct. 24, 2012 09:00 am

Date: October 27th, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 3:30 pm to 6:45 pm (Dinner afterwards elsewhere)
Host: zTimBz & Sparky at their Irvine Wine Cellar -- 17141 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614 -- Media Lounge area (1st Floor)
Theme: Raiding the new Mega-Locker!! (Bring $10 (per person) and appetizer for 10 ?????)

Attending:

• 1. MarkDaSpark
  • 2. zTimothyBz
  • 3. rjquillin (yes?)
  • 4. jawlz +1
  • 6. time2testit +1
  • 8. Merbill +1

Maybes:

• Kool
  • ekeavney +1
  • sukeiasa
  • Klezman
  • molarchae

Regrets:

• Java +1
  • Cortot2 & his lovely wife
  • Whoever misses this

Bring an appetizer for 10 and $10 per person.

Plus we just need to clean up afterwards (leave the room as we found it) to avoid a $75 cleaning fee.

The Media Lounge has a big screen TV, so you won't miss that all-important College Football game.

Dinner: TBD
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm ???

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

For those needing directions:

Jamboree Road off the 405.

Directions

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
MarkDaSpark wrote:For those needing directions:

Jamboree Road off the 405.

Directions

Have not been to any wine.woot gatherings, but the wife and I have decided that we probably should go to one at some point.... if the invitation is open to all, please add us to the maybe's; will have to check the schedule, but i think that weekend is free for us.

MarkDaSpark

jawlz wrote:Have not been to any wine.woot gatherings, but the wife and I have decided that we probably should go to one at some point.... if the invitation is open to all, please add us to the maybe's; will have to check the schedule, but i think that weekend is free for us.

It's open to all Wooters. And if you have a friend or two interested in wine.

We just don't want it as a general Party invite (we are limited in size for the room).

And you two have been added to the maybes. Hopefully you can change that into a Yes!

jawlz

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's open to all Wooters. And if you have a friend or two interested in wine.

We just don't want it as a general Party invite (we are limited in size for the room).

And you two have been added to the maybes. Hopefully you can change that into a Yes!

Just got confirmation that we're free that Saturday. You can add us to the yes's.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

If there was a list between "maybe" and "yes" we would be on it. Coast is clear for now!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

We would be in except for that is both my birthday weekend as well as Dia de los Muertos weekend. We're probably going to go see Ozomatli at Hollywood Forever. Concert in a cemetery!!!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:We would be in except for that is both my birthday weekend as well as Dia de los Muertos weekend. We're probably going to go see Ozomatli at Hollywood Forever. Concert in a cemetery!!!

Not even just to pop in for a little Vinito del Finito 2010 Late Harvest Zin?

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
jawlz wrote:Just got confirmation that we're free that Saturday. You can add us to the yes's.

Ohhhh! Fresh blood! (it is Hallowoot after all).

Put us on the maybe list.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Its already a busy weekend for Candy and I, so we cannot do it. Bummer.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Anyone else? Any Maybe's moving to Yes?

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Sadly it appears that my presence is required in the Bay Area that weekend. I will either be coming to this and hightailing it out immediately after to catch a flight up north, or (more likely) I will head up north Wednesday, partake in the Labrat session with WD and friends, then be there for the weekend. Bittersweet on this one...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

is this happening for sure?
i'll be in so cal that weekend... and as long as i get my chores done on saturday i'd totally drop by... but it seems like everytime i'm in la i get bogged down with stuff...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

sukeiasa wrote:is this happening for sure?
i'll be in so cal that weekend... and as long as i get my chores done on saturday i'd totally drop by... but it seems like everytime i'm in la i get bogged down with stuff...

So far as you know ....

Yes, drop on by!

klezman

Sorry I'm going to miss you!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Sorry I'm going to miss you!

So you're going up early that week?

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I'll be there.

The number of people will determine what wines get opened. My picks might include be the 1995 Dry Creek, an early 90's Corison, a Woot wine, and a Madeira. But of course I'm sharing the stage with Sparky...

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:So you're going up early that week?

Yeah, the lovely molarchae and I will be driving down to SoCal on Saturday. If we should happen to arrive here early I suppose we could try to stop by. I put that at very low probability, though. Moving sucks.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Yeah, the lovely molarchae and I will be driving down to SoCal on Saturday. If we should happen to arrive here early I suppose we could try to stop by. I put that at very low probability, though. Moving sucks.

Of course, I could be opening some Iron Horse T-Bar-T BDX-3 or Cab Franc.

MarkDaSpark

Bueller?

Anyone else coming???

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller?

Anyone else coming???

We have to be in Buena Park at noon for a while, but then we plan to head down to the shindig, so save us a couple of seats.

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:We have to be in Buena Park at noon for a while, but then we plan to head down to the shindig, so save us a couple of seats.

Will do. We'll be in the front Media room, not upstairs in the kitchen this time.

Anyone else????

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Will do. We'll be in the front Media room, not upstairs in the kitchen this time.

Anyone else????

May have to work tomorrow to meet a delivery date that slipped after a vendor delivered some incorrect memory that is requiring re-work...
Won't know more till later today~evening.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:May have to work tomorrow to meet a delivery date that slipped after a vendor delivered some incorrect memory that is requiring re-work...
Won't know more till later today~evening.

We haz internetwebz there. Bring a laptop and sip some wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:We haz internetwebz there. Bring a laptop and sip some wine.

Media room... Is this in the same building the last one was in, or across the street.

Confirmed my physical presence is ~required~ tomorrow, (gotta be there to touch hardware) but I hope to bug out early enough if we've achieved acceptable progress here to make it worthwhile and possible to be there.

Any details on supper yet?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Media room... Is this in the same building the last one was in, or across the street.

Confirmed my physical presence is ~required~ tomorrow, (gotta be there to touch hardware) but I hope to bug out early enough if we've achieved acceptable progress here to make it worthwhile and possible to be there.

Any details on supper yet?

Same building.

No details on supper, it's wherever we want to go. Lot's of places around there.

time2testit

We are still planning to come, but we have to leave by around 5:30 to make it back in time for something tonight so hopefully (?) the 3:30 start is realistic?

MarkDaSpark

time2testit wrote:We are still planning to come, but we have to leave by around 5:30 to make it back in time for something tonight so hopefully (?) the 3:30 start is realistic?

Yes. Just let us know when you get there if there is anything you'd really, really like us to open before you leave. So we can make sure to do so after you leave.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Gruyère Cheese Gougères just came out of the oven...

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

Would all attendees please look at this screen for a moment?

Thank you for attending the SoCal WW Gathering on Oct. 27th. Nothing happened.

So, we had a Triacep III, 2008 PoiZin, August Ridge 2006 Paso Robles Sangiovese (from WD), some semi-sweet Red Wine from Georgia (the country), a 1990 Corison Cab (not Kronos), and a Laura's Theme dessert wine.

Or at least that's all you will remember until the appropriate time.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Would all attendees please look at this screen for a moment?

Thank you for attending the SoCal WW Gathering on Oct. 27th. Nothing happened.

So, we had a Triacep III, 2008 PoiZin, August Ridge 2006 Paso Robles Sangiovese (from WD), some semi-sweet Red Wine from Georgia (the country), a 1990 Corison Cab (not Kronos), and a Laura's Theme dessert wine.

Or at least that's all you will remember until the appropriate time.

Good time and nice to put more faces to board names. Ahh, good juice too. Thanks WD. At least two will be buys and one was downright tasty!
[edit] Oh yeah, Sparky and Tim as well. Awesome walk-in lockers there!

CT

merbill

rjquillin wrote:Good time and nice to put more faces to board names. Ahh, good juice too. Thanks WD. At least two will be buys and one was downright tasty!

+1.

New and familiar faces, a good variety of wines, including some classics, lab ratting, interesting snacks, chocolates and toffee(!) make for a very good time. Thanks to Sparky and Tim for co-hosting.

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Good time and nice to put more faces to board names. Ahh, good juice too. Thanks WD. At least two will be buys and one was downright tasty!

PM me which they were...I'd like to compare notes from Thursday night with you and merbill!

Sorry to miss this one, but I think molarchae and I may turn the December event into a housewarming shindig! Hope you all can make it!

jawlz

merbill wrote:+1.

New and familiar faces, a good variety of wines, including some classics, lab ratting, interesting snacks, chocolates and toffee(!) make for a very good time. Thanks to Sparky and Tim for co-hosting.

+2! Lauren and I had a great time. Our thanks as well go out to Tim and Mark for hosting, with special thanks to Tim for opening up the '90 Corison, though the Petite Syrah/Zin dessert wine that Mark opened was also outstanding.

time2testit

jawlz wrote:+2! Lauren and I had a great time. Our thanks as well go out to Tim and Mark for hosting, with special thanks to Tim for opening up the '90 Corison, though the Petite Syrah/Zin dessert wine that Mark opened was also outstanding.

As long as everyone is dong the + thing, +2 more! And curses to Mark for holding back the toffee and chocolate (which I might add was what we asked about the moment we were the first to arrive) until after we left! So nice to catch up with some familiars and to meet a number of you whom we hadn't yet met! And of course to Tim and his lovely companion for their cheese puffs (fancy ones)! Oh..yeah..Mark too...

And (again), for any of you lurkers reading about these who have yet to venture out of the box to attend, you can see the fun, food and WINE you are missing! It is a TRULY eclectic group of people, often eclectic foods (rjquillin will have to explain the tasty tropical fruit he brought from his tree) and sometimes sneak previews of wines that will later be Woot offerings! All kidding aside, we are lucky to have Mark and Tim being so gracious on a regular basis to take the time and effort to share with the rest of us. Thanks again guys!

MarkDaSpark

time2testit wrote:As long as everyone is dong the + thing, +2 more! And curses to Mark for holding back the toffee and chocolate (which I might add was what we asked about the moment we were the first to arrive) until after we left! So nice to catch up with some familiars and to meet a number of you whom we hadn't yet met! And of course to Tim and his lovely companion for their cheese puffs (fancy ones)! Oh..yeah..Mark too...

And (again), for any of you lurkers reading about these who have yet to venture out of the box to attend, you can see the fun, food and WINE you are missing! It is a TRULY eclectic group of people, often eclectic foods (rjquillin will have to explain the tasty tropical fruit he brought from his tree) and sometimes sneak previews of wines that will later be Woot offerings! All kidding aside, we are lucky to have Mark and Tim being so gracious on a regular basis to take the time and effort to share with the rest of us. Thanks again guys!

Sorry about that! Remembered the Chocolate & the Crack Toffee (Brandini) after you two left when I was opening the Laura's Theme (PS/Zin dessert).

Maybe next time you'll stay to the end?

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

Big thanks to mark and tim for hosting!! They really have quite the impressive walk in closet there!

Most memorable for me was the poizin... Did the Corison finally open up later??

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

Doh! Forgot to add pics of the wines

The Georgian wine zTimBz brought is good for the Century Club.