cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Well what a fun day of reading! I think this is the most comments we've had for a while. And what a delight hearing from NightGhost, albeit one comment. Take care friend. I have my order in and now it is time for a little vanilla bean ice cream with Cavadoni balsamic and a sprinkle of Brandini toppings! What a way to end the day.
Cheers!

Oooh! I made the top of two pages? Fun!

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back. I hope we'll see you around some more. You've been missed.

Word.

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday

I really, really want to pull the trigger on this, but it's just too rich for my blood. Jealous of all of you who did, the glass of Corison I had at a friend's last week was superb!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Argh! And my pocketbook allows *nothing* at this point!

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

bdigest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdigest

[quote postid="5195139" user="NightGhost"]I'm NightGhost, and I've been dead for two years. But this wine is so excellent, I had to come back just to tell you about it.

So nice to hear from NightGhost. You have been missed!

cathycorison

quality posts: 30 Private Messages cathycorison

Good night- it's been fun. Picking tomorrow.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 28 Private Messages sdfreedive

You guys sucked me in. In for 2.

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

Wow! What a great woot (I purchased!) and great discussion. Wish every night was like this. It used to be..... I think the Amazon liaison has hurt wine.woot. Miss the labrat discussion. Might not have swayed me, but certainly kept me entertained long enough to get me reading the other comments that did.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rpm wrote:Buy them. I'm sure you'd have no problem with wooters happy to take one or 2 off your hands, even with a small premium. I know I'm happy to!

Yes, I'll take them off your hands

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

How about some drinking windows on these?

I know on the Corison Napa Cab, Cathy will say something like "drink one now, one in a year or so and another three or more years from now." Whereas RPM has already said "Do not open until 2015 at earliest and it will still be outstanding around 2050."

But what about the Helios? The cab could probably go long, but what about the Syrah?

The worst part about buying three of this woot is the hit on the wallet. The best part is being able to drink them years apart.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

RPM and jawlz: please check PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cathycorison

quality posts: 30 Private Messages cathycorison
webdev511 wrote:How about some drinking windows on these?

I know on the Corison Napa Cab, Cathy will say something like "drink one now, one in a year or so and another three or more years from now." Whereas RPM has already said "Do not open until 2015 at earliest and it will still be outstanding around 2050."

But what about the Helios? The cab could probably go long, but what about the Syrah?

The worst part about buying three of this woot is the hit on the wallet. The best part is being able to drink them years apart.

I'm not sure why, but if I made it, it will have longevity. I'd drink the Helios Syrah in the near-term, the Helios Cabernet in the next couple years and hold the 2005 for 2-3 years though it will do interesting things in the bottle for decades.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
cathycorison wrote:I'm not sure why, but if I made it, it will have longevity. I'd drink the Helios Syrah in the near-term, the Helios Cabernet in the next couple years and hold the 2005 for 2-3 years though it will do interesting things in the bottle for decades.

Thanks for sticking around, Cathy.

What about your 07 Kronos?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Just had the 2005 Helios Cab. (I knew I had it, and found it in the cellar) It was very nice @ pop & pour, then seemed a little acidic after an hour. But with the braised short ribs it was very nice. The surprise of the evening, however, was the 2006 Alamos cabernet that I uses to cook the ribs...Delicious!

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
cathycorison wrote:I'm not sure why, but if I made it, it will have longevity. I'd drink the Helios Syrah in the near-term, the Helios Cabernet in the next couple years and hold the 2005 for 2-3 years though it will do interesting things in the bottle for decades.

Agree. My advice for the Helos Cab was 2013 on, and for the Napa Valley Cab 2015-2025 (and maybe more). I was accused of saying through 2050 for the Napa Cab - that would be for the Kronos, if you like wines fully mature ....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 28 Private Messages sdfreedive

Has anyone received their wine yet? I've got a shipping notice since 10-11-12 but nothing has shown up on the FedEx site besides shipping information sent.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sdfreedive wrote:Has anyone received their wine yet? I've got a shipping notice since 10-11-12 but nothing has shown up on the FedEx site besides shipping information sent.

If you're concerned with the shipping status of your order, please feel free to email us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff