quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars Quaffmor 2010 Sauvignon Blanc 5-Pack
$54.99
2010 Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I really like the label on this one.

My memory of the taste is hazy, but I remember very prominent grapefruit and leaning toward the tart side.

Definitely quaffable.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sweetcynamon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetcynamon

So why isn't this advertised as a Woot Cellar? The label says so, but the title does not.

(fixed spelling)

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

In.
Wife likes SB.
Kyle, you are welcome to a bottle or two if interested.

Edit: and my first first sucker.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sweetcynamon wrote:So why isn't this advertised as a Woot Cellar? The label says so, but the title does not.

(fixed spelling)

Huh, didn't see that tiny print until you pointed it out. I'll send an email asking. Not going to wake them up though. I'm nice that way... sometimes.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sweetcynamon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetcynamon

You got my money anyway so, I guess it still worked out

ThunderThighs wrote:Huh, didn't see
that tiny print until you pointed it out. I'll send an email asking. Not going to wake them up though. I'm nice that way... sometimes.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
redwinefan wrote:I really like the label on this one.

My memory of the taste is hazy, but I remember very prominent grapefruit and leaning toward the tart side.

Definitely quaffable.

Funny, my notes from the June tasting says "Lemongrass", meaning it should be a typical SB. I think.

In for 2!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:In.
Wife likes SB.
Kyle, you are welcome to a bottle or two if interested.

Edit: and my first first sucker.

Congrats! I knew I should have checked sooner!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

My notes from the woot speed tasting:

Nose - lemongrass
Palate - sweet grapefruit

Nice long finish, crisp, nice acidity.

If I wasn't loaded with whites that need drinking, I'd buy it!

wjfreeman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wjfreeman

Definitely quaffable.

For those who are not well read (in certain genres), one of my favorite Disc World Expressions come to mind:

"Quaffing is a lot like drinking, except that you spill more." --Terry Pratchett

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

My notes from the woot tasting;

"Slightly floral nose, nectarine, granny smith apples. Minerality and crisp."

I'm guessing the nectarine and granny smith apples were on the mid-palate. I remember really liking the crispness of this wine.

Does anybody have a suggestion of the drink-by date?

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
wjfreeman wrote:For those who are not well read (in certain genres), one of my favorite Disc World Expressions come to mind:

"Quaffing is a lot like drinking, except that you spill more." --Terry Pratchett

It's little gems like this that make me wish I could vote up a comment.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

You guys might benefit from advertising this as a woot cellars wine. Just saying. I had the squint really at the label to tell.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cortot20 wrote:You guys might benefit from advertising this as a woot cellars wine. Just saying. I had the squint really at the label to tell.

I agree. I assumed it was as soon as I saw the name, but then didn't see it noted anywhere but in Cesare's post.

Either way, I think this is one Woot Cellars offer that I will not be partaking in, simply because I am not a fan of SB.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

JJHACamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JJHACamp

why do i feel like this site is turning into a stroll through World Market?

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Quaffmor? Very funny! That would make a good username for Wine Woot. Pass..don't do SB.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Forgot we speed ratted this till others commented. It was listed on the WCC sheet as "Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sav Blanc" with no mention of CH.

My notes.
Pale straw, grass and citrus, off dry, crisp medium long finish; will buy.

CT

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

An almost absolute must for the Holiday Party - a Sauvignon Blanc conversation piece!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cortot20 wrote:You guys might benefit from advertising this as a woot cellars wine. Just saying. I had the squint really at the label to tell.

Heck yes this is a Woot Cellars.

and Happy Anniversary wine.woot!

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

rjquillin answered my question - whether there were any typical grass/hay notes in the flavor profile.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Happy Anniversary wine.woot! Can't pass on a woot! cellars offering. In for one.

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

wolfcheater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wolfcheater

I gather from the comments that this is a very good wine? It seems like these are good for Christmas presents. Anyone know how long they are good for? As you can probably tell, I know nothing about wine. Nada. Help.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

So...Would those who have tried this classify this as a more New Zealand-style Sauv Blanc? That is, more grassy and less fruity?

(Not normally a white drinker but do enjoy some grassy Sauv Blanc!)

Thanks.

Is it broke or just fractured?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Winedavid39 wrote:Heck yes this is a Woot Cellars.

and Happy Anniversary wine.woot!

Indeed, happiest of anniversaries to wine.woot!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

wolfcheater wrote:I gather from the comments that this is a very good wine? It seems like these are good for Christmas presents. Anyone know how long they are good for? As you can probably tell, I know nothing about wine. Nada. Help.

We stake our reputation on the fact that woot cellars consistently outperforms it's price. And the labels are *REALLY* cool.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
wolfcheater wrote:I gather from the comments that this is a very good wine? It seems like these are good for Christmas presents. Anyone know how long they are good for? As you can probably tell, I know nothing about wine. Nada. Help.

My experience with sauv blanc is that fresher is better. Having said that, these should be fine for a couple more years.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Definitely quaffable.

Gooseberry, anyone?
Warmer climate SB can have grapefruit hints (S African ones, fr example), but NZ style ones, like the Ramsmussen Esoterica are more gooseberry-grassish.

I like the warmer-weather less intense ones, as long as their acidity is good (As here). Anyone care to note the style?

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

NZ Sauv Blancs are citrus bombs. Predominately grapefruit and sometimes lemon. at least that was my experience in NZ. Herbal and flinty sav blancs would make me think more of French style like Sancerre. The descriptions of the grapefruit makes me think this is like a NZ sauv blanc which puts me in for one.

CT

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

Love the label! I'm especially fond of the date looking like 2919 at first glance.

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

Barrelguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barrelguy

whats a reasonable time line for enjoying this style of wine. Im a red wino for the most part. When when it starts to pass its peak how does it express that decline and is it slow or fast in its decent.

Bourbon Barrel Magnet

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any pseudo rats (from RPM Tour) able to compare this offering with the LMR or Twenty Rows SB offerings this past year? I REALLY enjoyed those and hope this fits the bill. Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

Interesting. I don't know if I have seen a wine using a cork, but no foil.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Just in case you weren't convinced that this label is super freakin' cool, I took a few more photos of our pre-release sample bottle. The clear label is pretty sweet... It's a true city-in-a-bottle.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
sneefy wrote:Interesting. I don't know if I have seen a wine using a cork, but no foil.

Big fan of that combo - I just risk slicing my hand open cutting off the foil anyway. (yes - I have heard of a foil cutter, but I live on the edge)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

arismella wrote:
snip.

i know for a fact that NOBODY will take a better pic of that bottle today!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

David,

If you are still hanging around (which I know you always are), I know that I and others have expressed interest an some woot cellars posters featuring the labels of bottles. Is there any chance that such a thing would ever come to fruition? Do the wineries own the rights to these labels/trademarks or does WW?

I love thee Woot Cellars labels/bottles, but would much prefer to collect a couple of posters rather than a couple dozen bottles. Any insight on this would be awesome. You could easily do 12 labels per poster or something of that sort.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd
wjfreeman wrote:For those who are not well read (in certain genres), one of my favorite Disc World Expressions come to mind:

Love it! This is the best wine woot community comment I have read this entire year!!

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

Woot folks, are you still doing shipping coupon for anniversary? My woot anniversary is October and I didn't get any coupons!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
paulmd wrote:Woot folks, are you still doing shipping coupon for anniversary? My woot anniversary is October and I didn't get any coupons!!

That'd be something you need to contact service@woot.com about, sorry.

I'm just hanging out, really.