North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
paulmd wrote:Woot folks, are you still doing shipping coupon for anniversary? My woot anniversary is October and I didn't get any coupons!!



I don't think they are, but then again I never received the coupons when they were doing it, so what do I know anyway.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
Winedavid39 wrote:Heck yes this is a Woot Cellars.

and Happy Anniversary wine.woot!



Happy Anniversary David and everyone that's made WCC a success!

Keep on keeping on!!!

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:David,

If you are still hanging around (which I know you always are), I know that I and others have expressed interest an some woot cellars posters featuring the labels of bottles. Is there any chance that such a thing would ever come to fruition? Do the wineries own the rights to these labels/trademarks or does WW?

I love thee Woot Cellars labels/bottles, but would much prefer to collect a couple of posters rather than a couple dozen bottles. Any insight on this would be awesome. You could easily do 12 labels per poster or something of that sort.



working on it!

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

If you like grassy, New Zealand style Sauv Blanc (like I do) this is a sure bet. If it's any indication, once WD moved everyone along to the next wine at the speed-tasting and I got the bottle in my grubby little hands, I didn't give it up. Nice and refreshing, quite tasty, and the leftover bit in my glass at the end of the evening was still quaffable in the morning.

If only there wasn't a wedding to have to pay for....

HINT: this would make a great gift for this bride-to-be a whole case of it. Om nom.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

silent7seven wrote:Love the label! I'm especially fond of the date looking like 2919 at first glance.



Yea, these labels are uber cool. But i must admit they were very difficult to apply. We actually had to label them all by hand. Don't be surprised to see a few bubbles in the atmosphere on some of them.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cheron98 wrote:If you like grassy, New Zealand style Sauv Blanc (like I do) this is a sure bet. If it's any indication, once WD moved everyone along to the next wine at the speed-tasting and I got the bottle in my grubby little hands, I didn't give it up. Nice and refreshing, quite tasty, and the leftover bit in my glass at the end of the evening was still quaffable in the morning.

If only there wasn't a wedding to have to pay for....

HINT: this would make a great gift for this bride-to-be a whole case of it. Om nom.



Yes, i remember you clutching it the whole night.. !

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

When I checked this morning, it didn't say Woot Cellars. Now that it does, and I got to read the lab rat reports, I'm in - sounds like the kind of SB I prefer. WD gets my money again!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Winedavid39 wrote:working on it!



Great news. Now I don't have to kick myself for tossing the empty bottle of D'Ontspille Le Black awhile back, the only bottle of it I had.

I just drank one of the F-Bomb Rieslings this weekend and my wife asked me if we were saving the bottle because it was a Woot Cellars. I mentioned the poster idea I proposed before and she was instantly like "that is way better than saving bottles", and tossed it. (I still have more of those bottles, incase the posters don't happen).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cheron98 wrote:If you like grassy, New Zealand style Sauv Blanc (like I do) this is a sure bet. If it's any indication, once WD moved everyone along to the next wine at the speed-tasting and I got the bottle in my grubby little hands, I didn't give it up. Nice and refreshing, quite tasty, and the leftover bit in my glass at the end of the evening was still quaffable in the morning.

If only there wasn't a wedding to have to pay for....

HINT: this would make a great gift for this bride-to-be a whole case of it. Om nom.



Sois this fruity ala CA style SB like the Twenty Rows or LMR? I enjoy grassiness but coupled with tropical fruits/nose.

"The older I get the better I was"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
losthighwayz wrote:Sois this fruity ala CA style SB like the Twenty Rows or LMR? I enjoy grassiness but coupled with tropical fruits/nose.



My memory says mostly grass with a backdrop of grapefruit and kiwi. Tropic citrus nose, lemongrass and fresh lawn clippings on the palate, clean finish.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
North316 wrote:Great news. Now I don't have to kick myself for tossing the empty bottle of D'Ontspille Le Black awhile back, the only bottle of it I had.

I just drank one of the F-Bomb Rieslings this weekend and my wife asked me if we were saving the bottle because it was a Woot Cellars. I mentioned the poster idea I proposed before and she was instantly like "that is way better than saving bottles", and tossed it. (I still have more of those bottles, incase the posters don't happen).



While a poster would be fine, I really like AlisonGailBixby's idea from the last discussion about labels of a calendar with the woot!cellars wine labels and drink by recommendations of wine.woot!favorites from over the years sprinkled through out the months.
Cheers!

stebs


quality posts: 3 Private Messages stebs
cheron98 wrote:My memory says mostly grass with a backdrop of grapefruit and kiwi. Tropic citrus nose, lemongrass and fresh lawn clippings on the palate, clean finish.



Thanks for the tasting notes!

So, my wife and I tend to like sauvignon blancs that are like licking a wet piece of slate. How much mineral flavor would you say this one has?

Neophyte Oenophile Extraordinaire

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
stebs wrote:Thanks for the tasting notes!

So, my wife and I tend to like sauvignon blancs that are like licking a wet piece of slate. How much mineral flavor would you say this one has?



Not like that good acidity which lends to slight minerality, but definitely not wet slate.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cheron98 wrote:My memory says mostly grass with a backdrop of grapefruit and kiwi. Tropic citrus nose, lemongrass and fresh lawn clippings on the palate, clean finish.



Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

tonycyndy


quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

I'm usually never on the fence with a Woot Cellars wine...today I was...but then I realized this was a Cam Hughes product, and I've had such great fortune with their wines...and then I realized that (head slap) I had opened free shipping with a mighty-fine camera deal from sellout.woot this morning...so I'm off the fence!

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tonycyndy wrote:I'm usually never on the fence with a Woot Cellars wine...today I was...but then I realized this was a Cam Hughes product, and I've had such great fortune with their wines...and then I realized that (head slap) I had opened free shipping with a mighty-fine camera deal from sellout.woot this morning...so I'm off the fence!


Fences are uncomfy places to be - enjoy your wine (and camera!).

I'm just hanging out, really.

thatgrrl


quality posts: 9 Private Messages thatgrrl

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it in the description or in any of the comments. Is this oaked? I'm hoping based on the comments that the answer is no.

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Well, shucks. I was hoping nothing I wanted would be coming up since I'll be moving in two weeks, but.... can someone in the NY area (preferably someone who shows up to NYC meets) possibly wootleg for me please?

rpm


quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm
thatgrrl wrote:Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it in the description or in any of the comments. Is this oaked? I'm hoping based on the comments that the answer is no.



Unlikely. SB is usually not aged in oak for any length of time. Some winemakers put their premium SBs in oak for a while, but that's really not what the grape is generally about.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Itwdswafo wrote:Well, shucks. I was hoping nothing I wanted would be coming up since I'll be moving in two weeks, but.... can someone in the NY area (preferably someone who shows up to NYC meets) possibly wootleg for me please?



While I can't yet definitively answer for him, I would wager HAK would not have an issue with wootlegging for you. I will direct him here when he gets home.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Itwdswafo wrote:Well, shucks. I was hoping nothing I wanted would be coming up since I'll be moving in two weeks, but.... can someone in the NY area (preferably someone who shows up to NYC meets) possibly wootleg for me please?



HAK says yes. PM coming your way.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
cheron98 wrote:HAK says yes. PM coming your way.



¡Gracias Mucho!

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Woot wines are the only auto-buy I have, but I really don't need 5 whites. I'm going to get a set but if someone local (meaning very close) wants a couple of these to buy, let me know.


(Considering it was over 90 degrees here in LA today, are we still in Summer shipping? And if so, could someone at home base PLEASE be sure mine actually comes with the little ice/gel packs this time rather than with no protection against this heat?)

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any RS?

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen


quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
cynthylee wrote:While a poster would be fine, I really like AlisonGailBixby's idea from the last discussion about labels of a calendar with the woot!cellars wine labels and drink by recommendations of wine.woot!favorites from over the years sprinkled through out the months.
Cheers!



Posters, Calendars, Prints - heck, Coffee Mugs! For that matter, hookup with shirt.woot and print some Ts, long-sleeve Ts, Hoodies, Wine Tote Bags, etc. Variety is the spice of life....

It would also be cool to get prints of some of the best non-Woot Cellars labels. Rockus Bockus, Swami, InZinerator and especially Raised By Wolves.

cortot20


quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:Posters, Calendars, Prints - heck, Coffee Mugs! For that matter, hookup with shirt.woot and print some Ts, long-sleeve Ts, Hoodies, Wine Tote Bags, etc. Variety is the spice of life....

It would also be cool to get prints of some of the best non-Woot Cellars labels. Rockus Bockus, Swami, InZinerator and especially Raised By Wolves.



Two years ago we were given a albino rhino t-shirt with the last of those bottles. Still my favorite WC white.

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

LOVE the label, just not a drinker of Sauvignon Blanc..... so do I get this and gift it? Or, do I pretend to be an adult, and say "I really don't need this" and not buy it?

sdilullo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
tonycyndy wrote:I'm usually never on the fence with a Woot Cellars wine...today I was...but then I realized this was a Cam Hughes product, and I've had such great fortune with their wines...and then I realized that (head slap) I had opened free shipping with a mighty-fine camera deal from sellout.woot this morning...so I'm off the fence!



It is? How'd I miss that?!? Love those folks. In for one!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

foobarski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

Somewhere I've got a couple of Polyphemus t-shirts hanging around (although the wine is long since gone.)

(BTW, in for two on the Quaffmor. Now, if you could only do transparent t-shirts ... although that'd mean I would need a transparent, or at least translucent, body to do it justice ...)

cortot20 wrote:Two years ago we were given a albino rhino t-shirt with the last of those bottles. Still my favorite WC white.



"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

Cesare


quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Yes!

Speed to first woot: 5m 16.448s
First sucker: cortot20
Last wooter to woot: Cesare


Anyone in nyc that missed this can PM me.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Aracos


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

Anyone around Milwaukee area that would like to unload any bottles I'm interested. I'd like to get at least 1 bottle for the collection of Woot Cellars, though more would be great.

bcudone


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

Anyone have an idea of the drinking window for this?