WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hangtime Wines

You're not in a rush. You like to enjoy your wine gently, over time. It's you, the "quality over speed" type, for whom these wines are made. Take your time, think it over, and make a decision. They'll find their way to you in the same manner they were created: when the time is absolutely right.
Hangtime official site

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1561 Private Messages Cesare

Hangtime Wines

Hangtime Wines 2006 Dry Creek Valley, Mounts Vineyard Syrah 3-Pack
$67.99 (Normally $105.00) 35% off List Price
2006 Dry Creek Valley, Mounts Vineyard Syrah

Hangtime Central Coast 2008 Chardonnay 6-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $90.00) 33% off List Price
2008 Central Coast Chardonnay

Hangtime Wines Sample 6-Pack
$89.99 (Normally $105.00) 14% off List Price
2008 Central Coast Chardonnay
2006 Dry Creek Valley, Mounts Vineyard Syrah
2010 Force Canyon Vineyard, Pinot Noir

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Pricing correct???...$20 a bottle for the Dry Creek Syrah at their representative Mondavi website

Hangtime Mounts Vineyard Syrah 2006
Website List Price $20.00 vs woot suggested list of $35.

Hangtime Arroyo Seco Chardonnay 2009 appears slightly understated Website List Price of $15.99 vs woot suggested list price of 15.00

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bobrush12866 wrote:Pricing correct???...$20 a bottle for the Dry Creek Syrah at their representative Mondavi website

Hangtime Mounts Vineyard Syrah 2006
Website List Price $20.00 vs woot suggested list of $35.

Hangtime Arroyo Seco Chardonnay 2009 appears slightly understated Website List Price of $15.99 vs woot suggested list price of 15.00

Confirmed Syrah suggested retail is $35.00

you are right on the $15.99 SRP, but close enough..

bobrush12866

Winedavid39 wrote:Confirmed Syrah suggested retail is $35.00

you are right on the $15.99 SRP, but close enough..

WD...NOT SO!.. Go to http://www.michaelmondavifamilyestate.com/buy-wines/hangtime The suggested retail may be as you stated at $35 per bottle but it is selling on that site for $20 per bottle! That is Hangtime's retail Sales Outlet.

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

With respect to the Chard. Can you comment on malolactic fermentation and impact on the wine's characteristics. Thanks.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

Suggested retail does not always = actual/current retail.
Like the Meeker Kiss Ridge Cab that had a suggested retail of $85 but was being sold at an actual retail price of around $45 at the winery and offered here for under $30.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bobrush12866 wrote:WD...NOT SO!.. Go to http://www.michaelmondavifamilyestate.com/buy-wines/hangtime The suggested retail may be as you stated at $35 per bottle but it is selling on that site for $20 per bottle! That is Hangtime's retail Sales Outlet.

Double Checking. thanks for the heads up.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I opened a bottle of 2010 Hangtime Arroyo Seco Pinot Noir to review tonight.

Pop'n'Pour(PnP) at 68˚F:
Magenta color. A pleasantly sweet nose of blackberry, cherry, something floral (violet?), slight oak, cocoa and a touch of earth. Nice acidity on the attack but lacking dimension in the mid-palate with blackberry and oak. The wine has a decent finish with cherry, vanilla and something slightly bitter(juniper berry?). Lots of fine tannin!

10 min.:
The nose has intensified quite a bit, with cherry coming to the forward and the addition of cardamon. Mid-palate has a little plum poking through. No significant change on the finish.

30 min.:
There is a sweet oak character that is coming through and really balancing out the nose with fruit and spice.

1 hour:
Mid-palate is much bigger than PnP; still blackberry, plum and oak. Tannin hasn't died down a bit.

2 hours:
Nose is still full of fruit, sweet oak and spice. Mid-palate is bigger and finish is more intense. This wine definitely benefited from some air time! Tannin is finally starting to let up a tad, but just a tad.

This is a medium/full bodied pinot that would go great with food; the acidity would easily cut through fatty foods. It's not the most complex wine but has a great nose that you can enjoy for hours! With the low alc., tannin and pH levels, I'd say this wine could easily age another 5-7 years.

bobrush12866

chipgreen wrote:Suggested retail does not always = actual/current retail.
Like the Meeker Kiss Ridge Cab that had a suggested retail of $85 but was being sold at an actual retail price of around $45 at the winery and offered here for under $30.

Hear what you are saying, but at least that deal was priced below current retail, which is what I would expect on woot. Don't know why the Syrah is priced above current retail... Marginal deal at best with $5 shipping, but have far greater expectations on pricing from woot!

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Had a bottle of the chardonnay in the cellar, so I popped it last night to get some notes for everyone.

On PnP the nose has a bit of heat initially but quickly diminished. Honey and a hint of toasted oak on the nose.On the palate, picking up a bit of oak on the front with melon. No real minerality or depth yet. Medium acidity with a short/medium length finish with a hint of spice. Mouthfeel is good with a decent weight on the mid palate.
After 30 minutes still picking up honey and oak on the nose. Starting to detect a bit of green apple on the palate. Finish is getting longer, medium to medium plus, and is getting a bit creamier.
This wine held up well over 2 hours so there is still plenty of life remaining in this one. Overall, not a complex chardonnay, but a nice easy drinker with moderate acidity that will stand up to food well. I found the roundness of the wine with the medium weight to be nice on its own as a sipper. Great QPR at $11 delivered. Going to check and see what I have room for….

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Fitting for me to round out the trifecta of tasting notes. Opened a bottle of the syrah.

Dark purple in the glass, a bit of heat initially on the nose. Not much fruit on the nose but a bit of dark fruit and a touch of spice. On the palate this was surprising lightweight given the color and legs. Dark fruit leaning a bit toward cherry. Little to no mid palate, medium tannin and medium acidity. A bit of tannin grit. Initial a short finish.

After 1 hour decant the nose has opened up a bit. More mid palate, but still thin. Finish has improved to medium. I do prefer the style of cool climate syrah vs dry creek as they typically have more complexity. This wine does have a nice spiciness that I like in my dry creek zins, but trying to resolve if I like it in this syrah. Recommend pairing with food, as the tannins really dry the palate as a sipper.

This may improve with time as the tannins resolve and smooth out the finish even more.

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1

Is the Chard 100% chard grapes?