bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Gaaaaah I feel like crap! Bowtie, did you get germs on the pub???

Must return to health by 2 pm for italian festival and sauce tasting...

No, I pretty much avoided life this past week.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry. They are horribly busy right now and a bit understaffed. They're hiring but it'll take a bit to get back up to their usual wonderful par.

If you're still having problems, PM me the details: order number, exactly what you want done or need to know.

Also PSA for pet owners: Stay away from chicken jerky from China!

You haz PM. Thanks!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cortot20 wrote:For those of you not watching the main forum today, we had a night ghost sighting.

and then he was gone

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Still north of the M-D line, so he's ok...

Coyne--got your email. May make you open a bottle of this one when you pick it up.

When you pick it up, open up the box and pop one in the fridge. Always happy to share a bottle!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:and then he was gone

Well, he is a ghost.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Just picked up the Rioja for my 99th woot...now need to wait for something special to get my black square!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Just picked the 07' Kronos at total wine and more in brea for $70 and its the real deal. Saw kyle as he was leaving, and between Kyle and I we sold them out.

And picked up the 06' corison cab for a good buddy for his bday for $60.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I had a battered and fried burger today. It was good. Had bacon and an egg on it.

Would love to know what the before/after cholesterol looked like.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Just picked up 2007 Kronos for $70.

Edit: like Cory said above.

Double edit: Just ordered a 2004 Kronos from another store for the same price. We'll see if the order gets filled, and if it does, what they actually (try to) give me. Cory and I ordered 2005s but got 2007s.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:Just picked up 2007 Kronos for $70.

Sorry, I stole your thunder

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

ooooh, where???

And Pedroncelli needs to have a Woot Plus deal up soon....

kylemittskus

Itwdswafo wrote:ooooh, where???

And Pedroncelli needs to have a Woot Plus deal up soon....

Nowhere any more. We bought 'em out. They were at Total Wine. First rule of deal hunting: buy yours first. Share info later.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:Nowhere any more. We bought 'em out. They were at Total Wine. First rule of deal hunting: buy yours first. Share info later.

I ordered 2x 2005 regular Corison Cab from TW in Redondo, also at $60. No Kronos there, but if you or Cory have an extra bottle of (any vintage) Kronos for $70 I'll happily alleviate your need to store it.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:You left out the delicate flower (zTimBz)!!

Yes, the three of us braved frostbite and hypothermia that weekend.

Oooo, sorry. I forgot that zTimBz was there that weekend. It was cold even for us!

Just got back from Stratford. Yesterday wasn't too bad. Today was a bit nippy. On our way to breakfast, the wind was really whipping around and made my eyes water. Had a great time though. Cymbeline was phenomenal!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:wow, only $17 out of pocket? I had to pay $60 for 4 oz of a codeine cough medicine for my daughter, that was with insurance! Got to love (not) insurance companies!!

Yikes! This was for 8 ounces! Maybe hers was more complex.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:Just picked up 2007 Kronos for $70.

Double edit: Just ordered a 2004 Kronos from another store for the same price. We'll see if the order gets filled, and if it does, what they actually (try to) give me. Cory and I ordered 2005s but got 2007s.

Screen names only.

kylemittskus

bahwm wrote:Screen names only.

Fine... Cortot.

cortot20

if anyone's looking for some deals on older corison cabs.
Amazon has some listed through JJ Buckley. I'm not sure what shipping costs are but I saw an 89' corison cab for 49.99 and a 96' for 69.99.

edit: whoops the 89's out of stock.

CT

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Just picked up the Rioja for my 99th woot...now need to wait for something special to get my black square!

how exciting!! I still have a way to go til I get my black square... hubby isn't amused when I tell him I "have" to order wine so I can get my black square!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Yikes! This was for 8 ounces! Maybe hers was more complex.

nope, it is Tussinex (I know the spelling is off) it has been around for many many years! but insurance thinks we should be using something else... even though nothing else works

mommadeb1

Just got back from the play "Rock of Ages"... and it rocked!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:You haz PM. Thanks!!

Got it. Sorry for the delay. Been dealing with a sick doggie all day.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Got it. Sorry for the delay. Been dealing with a sick doggie all day.

No problemo! I figured you might be busy this weekend anyway.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Got it. Sorry for the delay. Been dealing with a sick doggie all day.

That doesn't sound good! Hows the dog?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Must stop looking on winebid...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sparky, got your answer. A step was missed in the cancelation process. See PM.

Momma, she's still in the emergency hospital being pumped full of fluids, pain meds, and antibiotics. This is to tread her pancreatitis. Her liver and kidneys are also failing. It's all caused by chicken jerky from China. You can google that and read the stories and FDA warning (no recalls).

I should be able to bring her home tonight.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
otolith wrote:Must stop looking on winebid...

What did you find there that looks interesting? I have bids on some Tom Eddy cabs that I'd appreciate if nobody overbid

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

mommadeb1 wrote:how exciting!! I still have a way to go til I get my black square... hubby isn't amused when I tell him I "have" to order wine so I can get my black square!!

Once I realized I'd eventually get there it's been more like trying to *not* order wine to stall my black square's arrival. A couple recent nice shirt.woots have helped push me, too.

otolith

cmaldoon wrote:What did you find there that looks interesting? I have bids on some Tom Eddy cabs that I'd appreciate if nobody overbid

Insignia, Leoville Las Cases, and a couple Russian River Pinots.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:I think you are the exception to the rule if you try to stay close to your schedule!! I have one dr. that I know will be running at least 30 min. late!! But I can't complain as she does take the time with her patients if they need. I had a neurologist who ran about 1 hour late.... but then again, if I needed the extra time I got it.

I understand this point of view, and to a degree, I agree with it. However, I have one doctor who blames most of the behind schedule stuff on greed and overbooking. The first time I saw him, I had time to look at a magazine in the waiting room, and almost pick out an interesting article to read, but not actually read anything, before they called me to an examining room. I figured it would be a while before he saw me, so I took the magazine along. Didn't even have time to get my shoe off (he's a foot doctor, you see) before he was in the room. He likes to stay on schedule, and if a patient has a concern that's not the reason for the visit, he has them make another appointment. My dermatologist, that's another story. She's always late. I still show up on time, or 5 minutes early, but I take a book. Once, I had the audacity to have other plans at what I thought was a reasonable amount of time after my appointment. After waiting nearly an hour, I went to the reception desk and said I had to leave. They said, "You can't leave, you're the next patient." I told them I had to leave and I'd like to re-schedule, and they said, "But you can't leave." I asked them, "Are you telling me you're holding me here against my will?" That seemed to get their attention. They promptly gave me an appointment for the following afternoon, and I was seen by the doctor within 5 minutes.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

We've chosen a venue, and the date is officially set!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:We've chosen a venue, and the date is officially set!

Terrific! Maybe it's time to update your signature(s).

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

Yay!

PM for you!

bahwm

Ra-Row--just woke up from a 2.5 hour nap. I am trying to not let something get me. I don't wanna get sick. I don't wanna get sick.

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Sparky, got your answer. A step was missed in the cancelation process. See PM.

Momma, she's still in the emergency hospital being pumped full of fluids, pain meds, and antibiotics. This is to tread her pancreatitis. Her liver and kidneys are also failing. It's all caused by chicken jerky from China. You can google that and read the stories and FDA warning (no recalls).

I should be able to bring her home tonight.

Wow!! how horrible!! I haven't heard a thing about this... then to, I have not been watching the news...

mommadeb1

congrats!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

YAY!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Great. Good luck with all the planning, etc.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Insignia, Leoville Las Cases, and a couple Russian River Pinots.

If they don't include the fancy wooden presentation box, engraved with the winery logo, skip it.

That should provide some much needed restraint

otolith

joelsisk wrote:If they don't include the fancy wooden presentation box, engraved with the winery logo, skip it.

That should provide some much needed restraint

But some of them do! uggh! Fortunately, those are pretty easy to pass up as a case of some of those is (almost) worth as much as my cellar.

--John Muir