inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:If you have never tried it, add avocado slices to your next BLT. It takes BLT awesomeness to the next level.

I have avocados this week!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Off My Gangplank!, you would not believe the amount of rain we are getting now!!! TONS of lightning and rain, my front yard is flooded again!!!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:If you have never tried it, add avocado slices to your next BLT. It takes BLT awesomeness to the next level.

I've always liked the BELT (egg)

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Except for his Rosé (Jana), Riesling (Jana), & Syrah (SH) wines, which are in the Burgundy shape.

Oh, and Corison. Her bottles are taller too.

And Scott's port, that fits right in..

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
North316 wrote:Any quick suggestions on what would go well with BLT's tonight? (and some fancy Velveta Shells and Cheese). I was leaning towards a bottle of the Hahn Cab Franc, since some of the notes I read said "bacon fat".

I went with the Crusher Orange. I've been way overdue to pop another one of these.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:At first I was

But then I went

We try hard?

Edit: Maybe not hard enough? The email notifying me that Woot had received the email took around 6 hours (sent after 11am PT, reply after 5pm PT). So no response til tomorrow.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Good bread, toasted.

Thin layer mayo

Ripe German red strawberry or Cherokee Purple tomatoes

Basil

That's it. Nothing else needed

Edit. Salt and pepper of course

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Rut row! Not his back still?

He's come down with bronchitis--such a terribly nasty cough and a bit of laryngitis. He actually went to the doctor and got a z-pack and some cough medicine with codeine. He tried some of the stuff that I had leftover from Spain and it worked. So, he figured that he should get his own. And yes, his back is still giving him problems--worker's comp & doctor issues--stupidity and ineptitude in the office.

When I got 16 tablets of some sort of fever reducer and about 9 ounces of cough medicine with codeine in Spain it cost $4.89 US. Our prescription plan would not cover the cough medicine--even though it was prescribed by a doctor--"because the over-the-counter medicines should do the job"! So, ddeuddeg had to pay $17+ out of pocket. Grrr! But, it worked. He's much better. Thanks for asking!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote: *** snip***
On the bright side, temps are finally going down here in SoCal, and my grass is green!!

Edit: My lawn is green! The lawn!! Sheesh!

We saw all kinds of dryness in Spain and once we got home, too. Our lawn is a disaster area this year, We gave up on watering--especially since it was so hot and we were away so much. A few weeks ago, we drove to my brother's place, about 40 minutes away out in the country and there was a lot of greenery such as we had not seen since springtime. Apparently, they got some rain that we had not gotten. It really was very noticeable.

We are having a beautiful fall season--temps in the 60s, last few days in the low 70s. 50s at night. Ahhhh, fall. Problem: we're going to Stratford, Ontario tomorrow morning. They are talking 35 mph gusts! This is NOT nice. I want to be able to walk around this quaint little town and enjoy the sights and not get completely windblown and freezing. Oh, yeah, high temp 62 low of 44! I so don't know how to dress for the weekend. It's going to be like Sparky & JavaDrinker in Chicago in January!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:We saw all kinds of dryness in Spain and once we got home, too. Our lawn is a disaster area this year, We gave up on watering--especially since it was so hot and we were away so much. A few weeks ago, we drove to my brother's place, about 40 minutes away out in the country and there was a lot of greenery such as we had not seen since springtime. Apparently, they got some rain that we had not gotten. It really was very noticeable.

We are having a beautiful fall season--temps in the 60s, last few days in the low 70s. 50s at night. Ahhhh, fall. Problem: we're going to Stratford, Ontario tomorrow morning. They are talking 35 mph gusts! This is NOT nice. I want to be able to walk around this quaint little town and enjoy the sights and not get completely windblown and freezing. Oh, yeah, high temp 62 low of 44! I so don't know how to dress for the weekend. It's going to be like Sparky & JavaDrinker in Chicago in January!

You left out the delicate flower (zTimBz)!!

Yes, the three of us braved frostbite and hypothermia that weekend.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

So the bucky balls are way smaller than I thought they'd be. The pictures all look like normal sized ball bearings, thse are more like bb's. fun though, but I"d have been displeased to pay 30 bucks for them.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:So the bucky balls are way smaller than I thought they'd be. The pictures all look like normal sized ball bearings, thse are more like bb's. fun though, but I"d have been displeased to pay 30 bucks for them.

My order never did go through, which is probably a good thing. I didn't need $50 worth hah.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

North316 wrote:My order never did go through, which is probably a good thing. I didn't need $50 worth hah.

yeah, I didn't need them either, but I felt like telling CPSC to go flunk itself.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:So the bucky balls are way smaller than I thought they'd be. The pictures all look like normal sized ball bearings, thse are more like bb's. fun though, but I"d have been displeased to pay 30 bucks for them.

Agreed.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
North316 wrote:My order never did go through, which is probably a good thing. I didn't need $50 worth hah.

my order went through at full price (for the large sets), and even though the original responses I got pre-order from customer service said they would adjust the price, the response I got AFTER ordering was that they would not, so I ended up cancelling. But it took a while and was annoying to deal with.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:Off My Gangplank!, you would not believe the amount of rain we are getting now!!! TONS of lightning and rain, my front yard is flooded again!!!

We haven't had a true rainstorm here is South Dakota since May. A drizzle here and there, but nothing worth opening the umbrella. I've mowed my lawn three times this year. The lakes (which aren't in abundance out here on the prairie) are drying up.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:We haven't had a true rainstorm here is South Dakota since May. A drizzle here and there, but nothing worth opening the umbrella. I've mowed my lawn three times this year. The lakes (which aren't in abundance out here on the prairie) are drying up.

Shouldn't there be a Y'all in there somewhere? Being as you are from South Dakota?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Shouldn't there be a Y'all in there somewhere? Being as you are from South Dakota?

Still north of the M-D line, so he's ok...

Coyne--got your email. May make you open a bottle of this one when you pick it up.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Edit: Maybe not hard enough? The email notifying me that Woot had received the email took around 6 hours (sent after 11am PT, reply after 5pm PT). So no response til tomorrow.

I think the major problem is that your Customer Service people do not READ the emails at all.

Got a response, and Phil indicated that the order was "improperly canceled on their end". Huh?

If he had read the original email, he would have found out that it was not "improperly" canceled.

AND, still didn't let me know if it was a refurb or new.

I know they are rated on how fast they can help people, but the metric needs adjustment, because I don't consider it helpful.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think the major problem is that your Customer Service people do not READ the emails at all.

Got a response, and Phil indicated that the order was "improperly canceled on their end". Huh?

If he had read the original email, he would have found out that it was not "improperly" canceled.

I know they are rated on how fast they can help people, but the metric needs adjustment, because I don't consider it helpful.

improperly canceled? That's kind of an either/or deal. There aren't varying degrees of canceled. Good luck!

otolith

Would it kill people to be 5' early for the appt? I know there are times that I run behind when people need it, but I try to run my schedule in such a way to minimize that. Of course, the first patient of the afternoon has to show up late...really f's up the rest of the day. grrr.....

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
otolith wrote:Would it kill people to be 5' early for the appt? I know there are times that I run behind when people need it, but I try to run my schedule in such a way to minimize that. Of course, the first patient of the afternoon has to show up late...really f's up the rest of the day. grrr.....

How does it go again? Something about being 10 minutes late if you're not 5 minutes early?

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:improperly canceled? That's kind of an either/or deal. There aren't varying degrees of canceled. Good luck!

They sold it as New, but then emailed saying it was Refurb and refunding $15 because it was refurb, but that we could cancel the whole order if we responded by 12 noon CT on Wednesday.

Which is one thing I really like about Woot! ... if something isn't as advertised, they tell us.

So I responded by the deadline to cancel the order. It showed canceled. Then all of a sudden I got a shipping notice and it was un-canceled.

You need to drink more and follow along better!

chemvictim

Since we're complaining about work, I'm striving to prove a negative, as usual.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jawlz wrote:How does it go again? Something about being 10 minutes late if you're not 5 minutes early?

I have an appointment later this afternoon. I plan on being ten minutes or so early, because busses.

I'm just hanging out, really.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Would it kill people to be 5' early for the appt? I know there are times that I run behind when people need it, but I try to run my schedule in such a way to minimize that. Of course, the first patient of the afternoon has to show up late...really f's up the rest of the day. grrr.....

My last PCP appointment. I was the FIRST appointment of the day, 8:30. I like the first because it's usually on time. Figured I'd show up at 8:15 and maybe get in a few mins early. Was slightly promising when the nurses took me back at 8:25, took vitals, etc. The doc finally showed up at 9:10. Seriously?
I know you run a tighter ship DocO, but what exactly is the excuse for the first appointment? Oh, he had to catch up on some charting. WHAT? Do that in the evening, or between clients or lunch or whenever you are supposed to. Don't start the ENTIRE day behind and RUSH YOUR APPOINTMENTS. sheesh.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:My last PCP appointment. I was the FIRST appointment of the day, 8:30. I like the first because it's usually on time. Figured I'd show up at 8:15 and maybe get in a few mins early. Was slightly promising when the nurses took me back at 8:25, took vitals, etc. The doc finally showed up at 9:10. Seriously?
I know you run a tighter ship DocO, but what exactly is the excuse for the first appointment? Oh, he had to catch up on some charting. WHAT? Do that in the evening, or between clients or lunch or whenever you are supposed to. Don't start the ENTIRE day behind and RUSH YOUR APPOINTMENTS. sheesh.

That was a fail.

Clinic time is for seeing patients. I hate when my nurse comes up and asks me about some patient call that can wait for the 5 minutes that I call lunch.

If people show up early, I usually stay early or ahead of schedule, unless I get a bunch of complex people in a row, then I'm screwed. Also, I try to not get too irritated about some people showing up late, as I see quite a few people on public assistance, and it's a minor miracle for them just to make it to the appointment.

--John Muir

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:They sold it as New, but then emailed saying it was Refurb and refunding $15 because it was refurb, but that we could cancel the whole order if we responded by 12 noon CT on Wednesday.

Which is one thing I really like about Woot! ... if something isn't as advertised, they tell us.

So I responded by the deadline to cancel the order. It showed canceled. Then all of a sudden I got a shipping notice and it was un-canceled.

You need to drink more and follow along better!

Yeah, no.

I followed along fine. I'm just curious about the terminology. It was kind of a nice way of saying, see there was this pooch, and it was giving me a look, so I screwed it.

You should drink more and comprehend better ;)

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

If anyone would be tempted to come by the Bay Area for a Corison '87 or '91 opening, please come by the Nor-Cal pre '97 gathering thread and chime in :-). 10/19/12.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Somehow I missed that you are still on the coast. When are you going back to your place?

Sunday. Too soon.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:You left out the delicate flower (zTimBz)!!

Yes, the three of us braved frostbite and hypothermia that weekend.

I TOLD you not to wear shorts and deck shoes.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:He's come down with bronchitis--such a terribly nasty cough and a bit of laryngitis. He actually went to the doctor and got a z-pack and some cough medicine with codeine. He tried some of the stuff that I had leftover from Spain and it worked. So, he figured that he should get his own. And yes, his back is still giving him problems--worker's comp & doctor issues--stupidity and ineptitude in the office.

When I got 16 tablets of some sort of fever reducer and about 9 ounces of cough medicine with codeine in Spain it cost $4.89 US. Our prescription plan would not cover the cough medicine--even though it was prescribed by a doctor--"because the over-the-counter medicines should do the job"! So, ddeuddeg had to pay $17+ out of pocket. Grrr! But, it worked. He's much better. Thanks for asking!

wow, only $17 out of pocket? I had to pay $60 for 4 oz of a codeine cough medicine for my daughter, that was with insurance! Got to love (not) insurance companies!!

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:We haven't had a true rainstorm here is South Dakota since May. A drizzle here and there, but nothing worth opening the umbrella. I've mowed my lawn three times this year. The lakes (which aren't in abundance out here on the prairie) are drying up.

wish I could send the rain your way!

mommadeb1

I think you are the exception to the rule if you try to stay close to your schedule!! I have one dr. that I know will be running at least 30 min. late!! But I can't complain as she does take the time with her patients if they need. I had a neurologist who ran about 1 hour late.... but then again, if I needed the extra time I got it.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

For those of you not watching the main forum today, we had a night ghost sighting.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think the major problem is that your Customer Service people do not READ the emails at all.

I'm sorry. They are horribly busy right now and a bit understaffed. They're hiring but it'll take a bit to get back up to their usual wonderful par.

If you're still having problems, PM me the details: order number, exactly what you want done or need to know.

Also PSA for pet owners: Stay away from chicken jerky from China!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:For those of you not watching the main forum today, we had a night ghost sighting.

I thought he went to jail for running a Bordeaux Futures Ponzi scheme?

At least that's the rumor I started.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
otolith wrote:That was a fail.

Also, I try to not get too irritated about some people showing up late, as I see quite a few people on public assistance, and it's a minor miracle for them just to make it to the appointment.

Thanks!

bhodilee

PB, this is the exact smoker i have. Love it so far. Good price.

chemvictim

Gaaaaah I feel like crap! Bowtie, did you get germs on the pub???

Must return to health by 2 pm for italian festival and sauce tasting...