skisterling

quality posts: 19 Private Messages skisterling

Yup, I am on again!

skisterling

quality posts: 19 Private Messages skisterling

From the winery: this wine was awarded bronze meal for $35+ zins inthe 2012 SF Chronicle Wine Comp at $18.75 not a bad deal. The SF Wine Comp is the largest comp of American wines in the world...

Pretty good 3rd party endorsement...

NOTE: No Nickelback was played at any time during the tasting of this wine.[/quote]

chipgreen

quality posts: 175 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Same question. I interpret that as saying Nickelback is something that you will inevitably appreciate more with time....

Let's just say, for the sake of our friendship, I hope I am reading this incorrectly.

Nickleback is the instantly approachable pop vs. Radiohead's music, which may take some effort to fully appreciate.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Nickleback is the instantly approachable pop vs. Radiohead's music, which may take some effort to fully appreciate.

Still walking on thin ice there.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Still walking on thin ice there.

We hold these truths to be self-evident!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
neilfindswine wrote:My 2 cents on this one; I agree with the above comments on dark fruit, brambly/spicy notes. That's what I got and what piqued my interest on this wine (I'm not a fan of the overly-jammy zins and I enjoyed this one).

NOTE: No Nickelback was played at any time during the tasting of this wine.

Just sayin' you should have All The Right Reasons for buying a wine unless you Gotta Be Somebody or a Rockstar.

chipgreen

chipgreen wrote:We hold these truths to be self-evident!

What I mean by that is.... like 'em or not, there is no denying the popularity that Nickleback has enjoyed over the last decade.

They are like the Apothic Red or Menage a Trois of the rock world.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

TomRaz wrote:ThunderThighs I am not convinced that they do have our backs.

I just had a shipment arrive via FedEx Ground that took 7 days via ground from the west coast to the east coast.

My purchase was from 09/08/12 and it is still very hot down here in the southeast.

We really do time the release of the wines to optimize movment and temperature control. The wines you received should be just fine. if not, please do contact service@woot.com.

thanks,

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
TomRaz wrote:ThunderThighs I am not convinced that they do have our backs.

I just had a shipment arrive via FedEx Ground that took 7 days via ground from the west coast to the east coast.

My purchase was from 09/08/12 and it is still very hot down here in the southeast.

try 90 degrees in Los Angeles today, come on fall

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
fredrinaldi wrote:try 90 degrees in Los Angeles today, come on fall

Fall? Summer just started up here!

Neal K Bharadwaj