Toolbox Sonoma Valley 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon 5-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $100.00) 30% off List Price
2009 Toolbox Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Lukeonia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lukeonia1

But is the hammer included?

It totally kills the deal if you have to supply your own hammer.

~Lukeonia1

(I overuse parentheses.)

jesuitson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jesuitson

Black and Red hammer... come on Woot. One mention of Pink Floyd would have sufficed.

silver4269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silver4269

No mention of the hammer in the pictures. I'm disappointed. If I order this and don't get a hammer and nails I'll sue. (no I won't, but you really should CYA on this one)

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

big cab day: in for one
Last Wooter to Woot: fredrinaldi

Now to the side deals with free shipping:

1st up with free shipping is 2007 Unbridled Cabernet Sauvignon ...
Done

2nd up with free shipping Galante Vineyards 2008 Red Rose Hill, Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Done

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

OK, tempted, help me out.

I'm not one to much like quirky marketing, as this first appears, ok, there are exceptions; Stillman and ElJefe, and I just went to bed when I saw this come up. Looking back at other earlier offers perhaps that was a mistake.

The numbers do look interesting; lower ABV, lower pH, but the PN comment still has me questioning. Earlier comments have suggested 'everyday' drinker, and there is a big place for those, but should I not get around to these for a few years, is there enough complexity and what if any improvement if any might one expect? Or would ignoring them for any extended time just be a big mistake?
Cellaring info please.

CT

toolboxshaffer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages toolboxshaffer
Lukeonia1 wrote:But is the hammer included?

It totally kills the deal if you have to supply your own hammer.

Ha ha....sorry, no hammer included in this one. HOWEVER, you can get "hammered" if you wish!

toolboxshaffer

jesuitson wrote:Black and Red hammer... come on Woot. One mention of Pink Floyd would have sufficed.

Dangit! I never caught on with that one. Should have used that in my marketing....love Pink Floyd!

toolboxshaffer

Good Morning WOOTERS!! I'm on the boards...shoot away! I am heading to the golf course to hit the little white ball, but I'll be checking in on quesitons. Looking forward.

toolboxshaffer

silver4269 wrote:No mention of the hammer in the pictures. I'm disappointed. If I order this and don't get a hammer and nails I'll sue. (no I won't, but you really should CYA on this one)

Sorry...but the joy of drinking Toolbox is you can get NAILED and HAMMERED if you choose so!

toolboxshaffer

fredrinaldi wrote:big cab day: in for one

Now to the side deals with free shipping:

1st up with free shipping is 2007 Unbridled Cabernet Sauvignon ...
Done

2nd up with free shipping Galante Vineyards 2008 Red Rose Hill, Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Done

Thanks for the support! Let me know if you have any questions ;o)

toolboxshaffer

rjquillin wrote:OK, tempted, help me out.

I'm not one to much like quirky marketing, as this first appears, ok, there are exceptions; Stillman and ElJefe, and I just went to bed when I saw this come up. Looking back at other earlier offers perhaps that was a mistake.

The numbers do look interesting; lower ABV, lower pH, but the PN comment still has me questioning. Earlier comments have suggested 'everyday' drinker, and there is a big place for those, but should I not get around to these for a few years, is there enough complexity and what if any improvement if any might one expect? Or would ignoring them for any extended time just be a big mistake?
Cellaring info please.

Good Morning...thanks for hitting up the board with your interest and q's. Honestly, you can lay these down for a good 6 years - BUT, the Cab is drinking really great now. I make my wines so they are not only affordable and drinkable NOW, but will lay down and age gracefully and not loose any fruit or acidity. We didn't macerate the skins as long, lending to a lighter less "aggressive" Cabernet style. Bright fruit characteristics, which is why I call this my CAB for PINOT LOVERS. I'm a ham a heart that loves to make good wine - hence the fun marketing. Let me know what specific q's you have. This is one of my LAST SALES with WOOT as my winery has just been acquired, which was always my goal. So I will watch Toolbox soar to greater heights now. You're getting a ridiculous deal on this and I can promise it over delivers. Thanks and let me know what other q's you have!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
toolboxshaffer wrote:Good Morning WOOTERS!! I'm on the boards...shoot away! I am heading to the golf course to hit the little white ball, but I'll be checking in on quesitons. Looking forward.

Any chance of seeing your 2007 Merlot on here again? Would definitely be in for more of that ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

toolboxshaffer

mschauber wrote:Any chance of seeing your 2007 Merlot on here again? Would definitely be in for more of that ;)

Morning!! Unfortunately no Merlot coming up on Woot...we only have 5 cases left so not worth the sale ;) BUT, if you do want any of that I'm happy to honor the previous pricing! Let me know katie@toolboxwineco.com -but I do have to say this wine rocks & it's a crazy deal!

toolboxshaffer

For any "wine nerds" out there, thought I'd add we recieved a Silver Medal at the San Diego International Wine Competition I honestly could give two craps in a bucket, but some people care about that stuff...thanks!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
toolboxshaffer wrote:Morning!! Unfortunately no Merlot coming up on Woot...we only have 5 cases left so not worth the sale ;) BUT, if you do want any of that I'm happy to honor the previous pricing! Let me know katie@toolboxwineco.com -but I do have to say this wine rocks & it's a crazy deal!

Thanks, I'll contact you shortly. I'm buying the merlot for my parents who really like it when I gave them a bottle from the April woot offer. I may go in for this cab, the only thing stopping me is having WAY too much wine in storage already and unsure how I'm going to get through the inventory before they are over the hill...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

toolboxshaffer

mschauber wrote:Thanks, I'll contact you shortly. I'm buying the merlot for my parents who really like it when I gave them a bottle from the April woot offer. I may go in for this cab, the only thing stopping me is having WAY too much wine in storage already and unsure how I'm going to get through the inventory before they are over the hill...

Totally get it...can also consider this a "collectors wine" as my winery was just acquired so I won't be on the label or marketing any longer! For any friends in the building biz could be a fun gift

toolboxshaffer

WOOTers: I'm officially on the golf course now. Please continue to toss out questions as I'll be checking in periodically. Of course the "tone" of my answers are all dependent upon how kind the golf gods are today!

DanNC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanNC

Hi Katie - so you're a DHS grad - on that basis I'm in. Plus I enjoyed your last Woot white. Did you know Amanda Evans? Enjoy the slogging!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mschauber wrote:Any chance of seeing your 2007 Merlot on here again? Would definitely be in for more of that ;)

Opened 1 of the 2 boxes of Brandini Toffee last night, thought of you.

toolboxshaffer

DanNC wrote:Hi Katie - so you're a DHS grad - on that basis I'm in. Plus I enjoyed your last Woot white. Did you know Amanda Evans? Enjoy the slogging!

Ha! That's too funny...DHS indeed! Name rings a bell, what year?

toolboxshaffer

fredrinaldi wrote:Opened 1 of the 2 boxes of Brandini Toffee last night, thought of you.

Yum!!

DanNC

Amanda might have been a few years behind you - graduated in 1994 or 95. I was at UCD at the time and knew her through her parents. You ever eat at MurderBurger?

toolboxshaffer

DanNC wrote:Amanda might have been a few years behind you - graduated in 1994 or 95. I was at UCD at the time and knew her through her parents. You ever eat at MurderBurger?

Loved Murder Burger! Did you know its Red Rum now? Loved that place...I was 97. Not related to a Sean Evans though? Funny, world continues to get smaller...you're in NC? Hope you enjoy the vino!

DanNC

She had a younger sister Nellie - you two might have overlapped. I get back to Davis every few years - it's still a great town.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
toolboxshaffer wrote:WOOTers: I'm officially on the golf course now. Please continue to toss out questions as I'll be checking in periodically. Of course the "tone" of my answers are all dependent upon how kind the golf gods are today!

How can you- you are missing the Ryder!!!!! LOL!
I guess you are taping.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
toolboxshaffer wrote:For any "wine nerds" out there, thought I'd add we recieved a Silver Medal at the San Diego International Wine Competition I honestly could give two craps in a bucket, but some people care about that stuff...thanks!

This is why you are awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

toolboxshaffer

slm9951 wrote:How can you- you are missing the Ryder!!!!! LOL!
I guess you are taping.

Taping indeed!! Beers on course now, no Toolbox ;(

toolboxshaffer

kylemittskus wrote:This is why you are awesome.

Ha ha, thanks WOOTer!

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank

Holy Carp, another offering available in NJ, figures its from a winery that is sold. Tempted to go for 2, intrigued by the "Cab for Pinot Lovers" Anyone who has had this can you comment on this wine as a non-dinner wine as well as how it would hold up to a steak dinner? Thanks

toolboxshaffer

Donfrank wrote:Holy Carp, another offering available in NJ, figures its from a winery that is sold. Tempted to go for 2, intrigued by the "Cab for Pinot Lovers" Anyone who has had this can you comment on this wine as a non-dinner wine as well as how it would hold up to a steak dinner? Thanks

Holy crap indeed! I'd comment on the wine, but I'm bias as I make the crap but, let me know if you have any q's...happy to help my Jersey Shore.

toolboxshaffer

Tweet tweet. Just checking in on peeps. No, not asking you to hit the Twitter boards, just putt for birdie ;) it's a hot Coors Light day on the course, but I'm very appreciative you all are rockin' the Toolbox Cab!