jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

For all of you that bought this, you will be surprised at how good this wine is. We found that the one bottle we had was not enough for the group that was drinking wine that night. I was really glad to see this come up on wine woot.

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
Limlo wrote:By your logic then, any wine grown in the new world isn't worth drinking. It's important to plant vineyards in conditions that will create great wine, but that doesn't always mean planting them in the same exact place... forever. Grapes travel, and while a sense of terroir is certainly worth something, saying that a grape variety can only be cultivated in one place is just silly — not to mention self-defeating.

Good response and Mudman is only here to complain about California wine, or maybe California in general. That is all he ever does. I guess the state has really done something to get his panties in a bunch. I wonder what that could be?

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj
mudman2007 wrote:Albarino wines come from the NE corner of Spain.The mineral content of the soil in California is totally wrong for this type of wine which would make it as soulless as its inhabitants.Stick to original Spanish vintages.

It's hard to take seriously your comments about Spanish terroir when you apparently don't know Spanish terroir.

hcgray3

quality posts: 20 Private Messages hcgray3
jmdavidson wrote:For all of you that bought this, you will be surprised at how good this wine is. We found that the one bottle we had was not enough for the group that was drinking wine that night. I was really glad to see this come up on wine woot.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review and comments! Cheers!

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

Ah, jeez! C'mon, you guys, ship this stuff already! I was hoping to bring it to a surprise birthday party on the 19th. Looks doubtful I'll be able to get it in time to allow it to settle for a few days before opening it.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
LaVikinga wrote:Ah, jeez! C'mon, you guys, ship this stuff already! I was hoping to bring it to a surprise birthday party on the 19th. Looks doubtful I'll be able to get it in time to allow it to settle for a few days before opening it.

Mine's supposed to be here tomorrow, I hope you get yours, too!
I'll be holding it at FedEx, though.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
michaelvella wrote:Mine's supposed to be here tomorrow, I hope you get yours, too!

Are you drinking right away or cellaring? (If you're trying it right away, be sure to let us know what you think.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

LaVikinga

michaelvella wrote:Mine's supposed to be here tomorrow, I hope you get yours, too!

The 23rd of October. It was picked up on the 17th & is scheduled for delivery on 10/23. Over six days on a frigging hot truck. Just lovely.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
LaVikinga wrote:The 23rd of October. It was picked up on the 17th & is scheduled for delivery on 10/23. Over six days on a frigging hot truck. Just lovely.

If it arrives and is not good (as in gone bad), let us know asap at service@woot.com, okay?

I'm just hanging out, really.

LaVikinga

inkycatz wrote:If it arrives and is not good (as in gone bad), let us know asap at service@woot.com, okay?

Thanks, Inks! Sorry for being so grumpy. My house has been in an uproar for the last 6 weeks with remodeling and I've been without a kitchen sink or water in the kitchen since the last week in September. So you see, I NEED that wine.
Fingers crossed, the countertops & sink are being installed tomorrow and the plumbing hooked up 24 hours later. Do you think the wine will have settled enough by Friday to pop a cork (or 2)?

(BTW, how long have you been hiding that Doctor thread!??? I LOVE the Doctor. In fact, #1 daughter requested an All Doctor birthday last week. You've got to get yourself that TARDIS cookie jar! It makes the "sound" every time the lid is open and the top lights up. She loved it!)