klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:Interesting your choice to call her my "precious" since we saw "The Hobbit" today and come to think of it Golem has a strange similarity to some wine obsessed computer guy we know.

Win.
Think molarchae and I saw you two by the Marina wine locker/wine store a couple weeks ago. Figured out who it was too late to say hi.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
klezman wrote:Win.
Think molarchae and I saw you two by the Marina wine locker/wine store a couple weeks ago. Figured out who it was too late to say hi.

Might be. You mean LA Wine Co. (or Bev Warehouse)? Or?

And if we can make it, I think redhead11 may bake something to bring (but we'll see)...

merbill

quality posts: 28 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:Ok, with Sparky back in I think we're still verging on quorum. I'd like everybody on the maybe list to get into a camp (preferably the "yes" camp) by Monday midday. Then I'll finalize.

Sorry we won't be able to make it, especially since you've gotten a terrific assortment of wooters to turn out. You're all going to have a great time.

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

klezman

time2testit wrote:Might be. You mean LA Wine Co. (or Bev Warehouse)? Or?

And if we can make it, I think redhead11 may bake something to bring (but we'll see)...

The one at the back...I think that's Bev Warehouse, right? It was my first time and I was consumed with checking the Scotches and microbrews.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

merbill wrote:Sorry we won't be able to make it, especially since you've gotten a terrific assortment of wooters to turn out. You're all going to have a great time.

Sorry to hear that! It'd be nice to see you again! Do you want me to send your bottle(s) with somebody or just hold on for the next time?

time2testit

klezman wrote:The one at the back...I think that's Bev Warehouse, right? It was my first time and I was consumed with checking the Scotches and microbrews.

Yep that's Bev Warehouse. We don't shop there much but like to see what they have. Did you pick up anything good (scotch-wise)? You should definitely check out K&L for scotch/bourbon too (we'll discuss more at the housewarming).

merbill

quality posts: 28 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:Sorry to hear that! It'd be nice to see you again! Do you want me to send your bottle(s) with somebody or just hold on for the next time?

Since I have some for you, and there will certainly be other opportunities, you can hold them if you want. If you have space issues, Sparky probably has some room in his huge new locker.

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
merbill wrote:Since I have some for you, and there will certainly be other opportunities, you can hold them if you want. If you have space issues, Sparky probably has some room in his huge new locker.

Not for long ... especially with D&D coming up.

I think I will bring both the Pedroncelli & Rasmussen Ports. And a wine TBD.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

time2testit wrote:Yep that's Bev Warehouse. We don't shop there much but like to see what they have. Did you pick up anything good (scotch-wise)? You should definitely check out K&L for scotch/bourbon too (we'll discuss more at the housewarming).

Only thing I picked up was a refill for my Triple Sec. I'm well overstocked on Scotch at the moment. They did have some interesting stuff though.

klezman

Picked up a bunch of supplies today: latke ingredients, chips, dips, a special dessert treat molarchae is planning to make, and a brisket. Hope you guys come with at least some appetite!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:Picked up a bunch of supplies today: latke ingredients, chips, dips, a special dessert treat molarchae is planning to make, and a brisket. Hope you guys come with at least some appetite!

Brisket = bigger reds. Sparky's bringing dessert wines and I'm bringing bubbles like tyger. Is someone bringing something bold and red? If not, I'll be happy to. Requests! Ask away!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Brisket = bigger reds. Sparky's bringing dessert wines and I'm bringing bubbles like tyger. Is someone bringing something bold and red? If not, I'll be happy to. Requests! Ask away!

I can bring a San Roman Toro if anyone would like??? That will work with a brisket!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

time2testit

Well, SWMBO says we should pass on our screening of the NY Critics Best Pic of the Year winner and the panel with the director of the year winner to join you for the housewarming after all! We'd love to be there in time for candles but we are seeing another film earlier with a post-panel which should end just after 5 pm. She'll make a tasty dessert to bring so we have to stop home on the way and should be there just past 5:30 or so. Maybe we should coordinate so she isn't making something too similar to molarchae (she wants to buy the ingredients tomorrow) - so PM me.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I can bring a San Roman Toro if anyone would like??? That will work with a brisket!

I also have an 05 Barolo I want to try to see what I'm doing with the other three. May not be big enough, though...

@t2t: excellent!

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Brisket = bigger reds. Sparky's bringing dessert wines and I'm bringing bubbles like tyger. Is someone bringing something bold and red? If not, I'll be happy to. Requests! Ask away!

As usual, your reading skills are lacking. There's a TBD wine in there as well.

Could be white. Could be red. But it won't be a dessert wine.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

If anybody is planning on trying to pair the brisket, I should mention that it's Jewish style not Texas style. That means more savoury and not at all smoky. I've also got plenty of big reds I can pull out of the cabinet.

t2t: great! PM on the way...

ekeavney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ekeavney

Unless something terrible happens, we will be there. I’m scheduled to have the pin removed for my hand on Friday, so we believe that means I’ll have less pain. However, you know how it is with medical stuff. Looking forward to it -- sounds like fun.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:If anybody is planning on trying to pair the brisket, I should mention that it's Jewish style not Texas style. That means more savoury and not at all smoky. I've also got plenty of big reds I can pull out of the cabinet.

t2t: great! PM on the way...

It's not Texas style?? :shocked:

time2testit

klezman wrote:
-Everybody else please feel free to bring along something else to snack on. So far the list is:
-Baguette & duck rillets (Kyle)
-Dessert (time2testits)

I think you better edit my name on that initial post so SWMBO doesn't get upset with me testing something or someone I shouldn't...

klezman

Starting to send out PMs with address. If you don't have one tonight send me a PM!

klezman

There will be homework. Bring your pencils!

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:There will be homework. Bring your pencils!

I don't have a pencil! Technology, dude!

I'll I'm bringing that Barolo. Plus the Le Caramel Sea Salt Caramels. And you already have the duck rillettes and pork/duck pate' and baguettes.

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58

Not sure if SWMBO will be attending so still trying to figure out what food stuffs I will be bringing???

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

Deliveries:

Klezman; 7 or 8 bottles of 5 or 6 wines I've been accreting for some time.

Tytiger; 3 or 4 of the CH lot 360

Kyle; 3 or 4 of the CH lot 360 plus 4 of a mis-delivery to me from Cindy.

Sparky; do I owe you anything we split?

Ron

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Deliveries:

Klezman; 7 or 8 bottles of 5 or 6 wines I've been accreting for some time.

Tytiger; 3 or 4 of the CH lot 360

Kyle; 3 or 4 of the CH lot 360 plus 4 of a mis-delivery to me from Cindy.

Sparky; do I owe you anything we split?

Ron

Probably. What did I order (and still have) that we split?

kylemittskus

We didn't get a countdown. Sparky, you're slacking!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably. What did I order (and still have) that we split?

Something woot, iirc, was offering is the best I can do..

CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:We didn't get a countdown. Sparky, you're slacking!

Job of the host, not me. So you're the slacker!!!

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Something woot, iirc, was offering is the best I can do..

Clayhouse Estate Rhone White Blend (4) offer.

Two bottles @ $18.25 each means cash or check for $36.50 (cash is king).

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Clayhouse Estate Rhone White Blend (4) offer.

Two bottles @ $18.25 each means cash or check for $36.50 (cash is king).

You want Ron to bring you 2 quarters?

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Job of the host, not me. So you're the slacker!!!

One day to go!
Our homework looks tasty.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:You want Ron to bring you 2 quarters?

I thought he had your 2 cents? Cause you seem to be missing some.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:I thought he had your 2 cents? Cause you seem to be missing some.

Zing!

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:You want Ron to bring you 2 quarters?

I once paid an eBay seller, who somewhat po'd me, her thirty something bill in pennies. Cost me a bit to ship 'em, but was well worth it. She even posted back in feedback how she went to so-n-so place to use the change counter for an extended period of time.

I did get positive feedback. Rather think she knew why I did that.

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
klezman wrote:If anybody is planning on trying to pair the brisket, I should mention that it's Jewish style not Texas style.

Why does that remind me of the joke where the punchline is "Glad to meet you. My name is Bucky Goldstein."?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman

zTimothyBz wrote:Why does that remind me of the joke where the punchline is "Glad to meet you. My name is Bucky Goldstein."?

As long as he came with Buckyballs...

See everybody tonight!

molarchae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages molarchae

Can't wait to see everyone! The apartment smells like brisket on top of latkes and we've even managed to refrain from eating all of the delicious mystery dessert!

MarkDaSpark

Well, almost on my way ... after breakfast & visiting 2 cemeteries with mom, putting up her holiday lights, picking up a prescription for her, dropping off 12.12.12 with my son, and hitting the wine locker, I got home. Where I found a minor glitch in the Holiday Lights. So have to fix that HO! HO! HO!

Sadly, memory is failing, since the KR Verdhelo Forte is not where I thought it was. So I'm bringing a 2006 Wellington Port as well as a Concannon PS Port.

Oh, and a Woot Cellars Boss Monster and a Madison Cellars 2004 Syrah.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Have a wonderful time guys. We''ll make it to a woot gathering again some day if either our jobs mellows out.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

Thanks to Klez and Molar for hosting a splendid affair. And introducing us to a new game!! Strip Dreidel!!

Okay, really Cards against Humanity.

A fun time was had by all.