WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

AlexEli Vineyard & Winery

A nice mix of wine in your home makes you seem really classy. A nice mix of wine in your juggling act might be a little dangerous. Our advice is to drink all these wines before throwing around the bottles.
AlexEli Vineyard & Winery official site

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

AlexEli Vineyard & Winery

AlexEli Winery Holiday Whites 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $90.00) 22% off List Price
2 2010 AlexEli Muller-Thurgau
2 2009 AlexEli Gewurztraminer
2 2010 AlexEli Bubela’s Blend

AlexEli Winery Oregon Sampler 6-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $95.00) 21% off List Price
2010 AlexEli Bubela’s Blend
2009 AlexEli Pinot Noir, Blue Label
2009 AlexEli Estate Pinot Noir
2009 AlexEli Gewurztraminer
2010 AlexEli Muller-Thurgau
2010 AlexEli Riesling

AlexEli Winery Riesling Vertical 6-Pack
$67.99 (Normally $84.00) 19% off List Price
2 2008 AlexEli Riesling
2 2010 AlexEli Riesling
2 2011 AlexEli Riesling

AlexEli Winery 2009 Pinot 5-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $92.00) 24% off List Price
2 2009 AlexEli Pinot Noir, Blue Label
3 2009 AlexEli Estate Pinot Noir

AlexEli Winery 2010 Kosher Pinot 2-Pack
$53.99 (Normally $72.00) 25% off List Price
2010 AlexEli Pinot Noir Kosher

Previous offer:
1/13/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Don't know much about Oregon wines, other than they are known for their Pinots. What can anyone tell me about the Estate and Blue Label?

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

I'm curious about which methods were used in the kosher winemaking. Is this mevushal? Kosher for Passover? It really would be great to have non-mevushal klp wine.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

alexelivineyard

quality posts: 11 Private Messages alexelivineyard
guzmantis wrote:Don't know much about Oregon wines, other than they are known for their Pinots. What can anyone tell me about the Estate and Blue Label?

Hey there guzmatis!

we grow Pommard Clone Pinot Noir. Our Pinots tend to have very good acidity, making them more elegant and versatile in food pairing, rahter than bold and obvious like so many grown a few hundred miles south of the Willamette Valley. Common flavors are dark cherry, plum, pomegranate, pepper, maple syrup and vanilla. Both of these wines are well balanced with much tannin and the body to balance it. ~phil

alexelivineyard

klezman wrote:I'm curious about which methods were used in the kosher winemaking. Is this mevushal? Kosher for Passover? It really would be great to have non-mevushal klp wine.

Hi Klazman, so basically I was never allowed to touch the wine, however I was directing Rabbi Rivkin or Rabbi Perlstein very closely, as in every little move they made was by my direction in making the wine. This was necessary because at no point was the wine boiled... which would make it Mevushal, which would have allowed me to touch the wine up to the point of boiling. I grow this fruit myself and do much of the work... and to boil it would break my heart! It is Kosher for Passover ~phil

alexelivineyard

Hey Wooters, thanks for having us here again. Its very exciting to offer a greater breadth of our wines to you! Right now Im running around scaring birds off the Pinot and prepping the winery for crush which just got moved up from next week to this week! .. harvest is about 3 weeks ahead of last year... and Ive never seen acid drop in fruit this quickly. Again, thanks for checking us out.. Ill be in and out all day so feel free to ask any questions!~phil

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

To woot picture-taking staff, if you are going to use Kosher as a primary descriptor, it would be nice to have a picture of the kosher information... usually on the back label. Glad to have a kosher option!

From the website:

Read more about our process of crafting kosher Pinot Noir:
The Jewish Daily Forward
The Oregon Wine Press

From the articles, OU certification

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
joelsisk wrote:To woot picture-taking staff,

We've passed this on, thanks for the feedback!

I'm just hanging out, really.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
alexelivineyard wrote:Hi Klazman, so basically I was never allowed to touch the wine, however I was directing Rabbi Rivkin or Rabbi Perlstein very closely, as in every little move they made was by my direction in making the wine. This was necessary because at no point was the wine boiled... which would make it Mevushal, which would have allowed me to touch the wine up to the point of boiling. I grow this fruit myself and do much of the work... and to boil it would break my heart! It is Kosher for Passover ~phil

Non-mevushal, kosher for Passover, made the same way you make everything else? Now this is intriguing...hmmm...

Joel, thanks for looking up kashrut info. I'm not picky with which certification, but I know many are.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

I enjoy reading the discussion when Alex Eli wines are offered, because of Phil's participation. His responses always seem genuinely open and honest and it's obvious that he takes a lot of pride in and is very enthusiastic about his wine making.

So... thank you, Phil! I look forward to the day when your wines ship to Ohio.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Phil,
since you're hanging out here, can we get a bit of additional info/numbers on the PN's, since only ABV is given in the write-up? I've got some of your 2008 offered earlier on woot squirreled away and wasn't thinking of opening them yet for a couple years. How about these, when properly cellered?

CT

alexelivineyard

Here are some tech notes..

Riesling 08
TA 8.7 g/l
pH 3.12
RS: 1.5

Riesling 09
TA 8.4 g/l
pH 3.15
RS: .9

Riesling 11
TA 8.8 g/l
pH 3.10
RS: .8

Gewurz 09
TA 8.1 g/l
pH 3.14
RS: 1.4

Bubelas Blend
TA 9.1 g/l
pH 3.12
RS: 1.4

Pinot 09
TA 7.1 g/l
pH 3.52

Pinot 09 Blue Label
TA 7.6 g/l
pH 3.5

~phil

rjquillin wrote:Phil,
since you're hanging out here, can we get a bit of additional info/numbers on the PN's, since only ABV is given in the write-up? I've got some of your 2008 offered earlier on woot squirreled away and wasn't thinking of opening them yet for a couple years. How about these, when properly cellered?

alexelivineyard

My opinion about the 09 vintage is that it was earlier to come to maturity faster than the 08. Id drink the 09s now.

rjquillin wrote:Phil,

alexelivineyard

Our Blue label Pinot could likely lay down a bit... while it is quite palatable.. the slightly higher acidity could only benefit with a year on it side.

With the whites... which arent typically laid down.. our riesling ages very well. Petrol notes start popping at about year 2.5 it seems and the wines go from fruit characters to what I think of as wine character(flavors other than fruit and flowers). Give a riesling (one with good tannin and acidity) 10 years or even 2 or 3 years... and complexity and depth builds. I think the gewurz has as much depth as some lighter reds... ~phil

alexelivineyard wrote:My opinion about the 09 vintage is that it was earlier to come to maturity faster than the 08. Id drink the 09s now.

cwert99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwert99

Why cant I get wine shipped to Ohio??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cwert99 wrote:Why cant I get wine shipped to Ohio??

Every winery has to apply for a license to every state that allows wine shipment. If the winery isn't license for your state, we can't ship there.

I find this site helpful in understanding wine shipping laws.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

geeman2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geeman2000

Just got my wine today. Looks nice. It still says "awaiting shipping" on my order page, though. That's a little confusing. Some notice would be helpful. It saves the delivery guy a little time, and I get to put something on other than my "kicking around the house" T-shirt (circa 1989.)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

geeman2000 wrote:Just got my wine today. Looks nice. It still says "awaiting shipping" on my order page, though. That's a little confusing. Some notice would be helpful. It saves the delivery guy a little time, and I get to put something on other than my "kicking around the house" T-shirt (circa 1989.)

hey, your home is your castle. you deserve to be comfy.

let it all hang out while you clip your toenails. it's home!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.