inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
edthebedhead wrote:2nd'ed


This.

Everyone see this article yet?

Wall-Ye is designed to take on the more menial chores a vineyard has to offer: namely pruning vines and removing unproductive young shoots. At the same time, though, he's capable of collecting data as he trundles around, keeping an eye on soil conditions and the state of the vines.

I love science.

Edit: Yay! Sparky!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
edthebedhead wrote:How far north are you?? Thats chilly!



I'm in Ohio. We had a random day of cold weather.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Got an A ona huge test today, but not as high of an A as I wanted... Which means it wont go on the transcript. Bummer.

Also - Psy Gangnam Style #2 on Billboard. Woo-hoo!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

The free shipping is killing me!!!

TyTanium pair
Cab (Little Hill) pair (and I'm eyeing the Estate too!)
& the Gaming headset (Banshee)



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:(and I'm eyeing the Estate too!)


Get while the getting's good, I say. Also, good haul so far!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:Get while the getting's good, I say. Also, good haul so far!



I don't like the new avatar, it's not very inky-like.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:I don't like the new avatar, it's not very inky-like.



Are you saying I'm more robotic than casually lounging about? I'm not sure what to think now.

(It's very woot like though!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:Are you saying I'm more robotic than casually lounging about? I'm not sure what to think now.

(It's very woot like though!)



Yeah it's just too plain.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:Yeah it's just too plain.





Tried to fix it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
inkycatz wrote:

Tried to fix it.


Humm, too much time...?

CT

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:Humm, too much time...?



No, just too much.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
Itwdswafo wrote:Got an A ona huge test today, but not as high of an A as I wanted... Which means it wont go on the transcript. Bummer.

Also - Psy Gangnam Style #2 on Billboard. Woo-hoo!



congrats!!!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:The free shipping is killing me!!!

TyTanium pair
Cab (Little Hill) pair (and I'm eyeing the Estate too!)
& the Gaming headset (Banshee)



dang!!!

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Itwdswafo wrote:Got an A ona huge test today, but not as high of an A as I wanted... Which means it wont go on the transcript. Bummer.

Also - Psy Gangnam Style #2 on Billboard. Woo-hoo!



You want me to smuggle you back some gojujang or something? heh

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

iPhone 5 arrived today! Now, the question is, should I set up as a new iPhone, or do it as a restore?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:iPhone 5 arrived today! Now, the question is, should I set up as a new iPhone, or do it as a restore?


And you expect an answer?

Enjoy the new toy.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:And you expect an answer?

Enjoy the new toy.


Got it on FB. And I will enjoy my new toy. Not quite as giddy as I thought I'd be about it, but I still like it.

Apparently, I should have just sold it on ebay for $1000!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
inkycatz wrote:Get while the getting's good, I say. Also, good haul so far!



Oh fine! Estate Cab it is!

While I still have free shipping that is!


And I think I liked the old avatar better. I mean, how lucky is a green cat, anyway?



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Thanks all! Tonight I enjoyed some '05 Twisted Oak Murgatroyd to go along with one of my favorite meals....kielbasa & veggies over noodles. It was all super yummy. Polished off about half the bottle or so.



Sorry I missed it, but happy birthday! Unlike my BIL, at least you got to eat all day for your birthday.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

The CpprCr8 and I had a rough day yesterday...

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cjsiege wrote:(pix)


Doh

MarkDaSpark wrote: I mean, how lucky is a green cat, anyway?


Not so much, if this week is much to go by.

otolith wrote:iPhone 5 arrived today! Now, the question is, should I set up as a new iPhone, or do it as a restore?


SHINY. Just don't scratch it up!

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cjsiege wrote:The CpprCr8 and I had a rough day yesterday...




Sorry to hear that. What happened?


Edit: Anyone else having problems with images on Woot? Emoticons seem to be fine.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tiger7610


quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Does everyone have orange cars now? Hak and CJ?

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Amazon.com is planning on selling wine:

http://www.webpronews.com/amazon-mulling-over-online-wine-sales-report-2012-09

I was curious whether WCC had any involvement with this venture, but I'm guessing no since it says Amazon is going to pass the sales on to the wineries and let them handle shipping.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
redwinefan wrote:Amazon.com is planning on selling wine:

http://www.webpronews.com/amazon-mulling-over-online-wine-sales-report-2012-09

I was curious whether WCC had any involvement with this venture, but I'm guessing no since it says Amazon is going to pass the sales on to the wineries and let them handle shipping.



Well, a lot of that shipping may very well be handled by WCC. They're the masters of it and all.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:Does everyone have orange cars now? Hak and CJ?



CJ's always had an orange car.

Copper actually. Boxy thing. Like a crate.

Thus, CpprCr8.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry to hear that. What happened?


Obviously, I have not had a crazy enough week.

Yesterday, I managed to get into a fender-bender while on my way home from work. Well, more like “quarter panel” bender. I’m OK; other person is OK. CpprCr8 will need to go into the shop. The damage doesn’t look too bad at first glance, but when you start really looking, it’s a rough smoosh. Pushed in the driver’s front Jolly Roger. Sprung the top corner outward. Door “scraaaaaapes” when you open it because the seams rub.

I’m just highly pissed off right now. Mostly at myself.

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
cheron98 wrote:CJ's always had an orange car.

Copper actually. Boxy thing. Like a crate.

Thus, CpprCr8.


Precisely! It's a Honda Element in a metallic orange color -- hence "copper" (as an element and as a color). And, as cheron stated, it's boxy - like a crate.

We were having a slow day at work around the tiime I bought it, so we held a "Name CJ's New Car" brainstorming session. And CpprCr8 was born.

Interestingly, someone who works in the building across the way from me bought an orange Honda Element the week before I did. Her vehicle is the ORNG BX.

I think CpprCr8 is more fitting...

Cesare


quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare
cjsiege wrote:Precisely! It's a Honda Element in a metallic orange color -- hence "copper" (as an element and as a color). And, as cheron stated, it's boxy - like a crate.

We were having a slow day at work around the tiime I bought it, so we held a "Name CJ's New Car" brainstorming session. And CpprCr8 was born.

Interestingly, someone who works in the building across the way from me bought an orange Honda Element the week before I did. Her vehicle is the ORNG BX.

I think CpprCr8 is more fitting...


It would be funny if that was the car you had the accident with.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
Cesare wrote:It would be funny if that was the car you had the accident with.


Yeah... Wouldn't have made such an orange mess on the other bumper, either.

Alas, there is s dark gray Chevy Trailblazer with a big orange smear on one corner of the rear bumper.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Photos from our trip to England. Portsmouth, Isle of Wight and London.

Look for:
Wellington Pub
Wellington Arch
Wellington Statue

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

CJ--sucks about your car...

Polar--looked through the pics, and they look great! London is on the list of places to go.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:CJ--sucks about your car...

Polar--looked through the pics, and they look great! London is on the list of places to go.



I agree on both comments!!

WineWootaholic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
cjsiege wrote:Obviously, I have not had a crazy enough week.

Yesterday, I managed to get into a fender-bender while on my way home from work. Well, more like “quarter panel” bender. I’m OK; other person is OK. CpprCr8 will need to go into the shop. The damage doesn’t look too bad at first glance, but when you start really looking, it’s a rough smoosh. Pushed in the driver’s front Jolly Roger. Sprung the top corner outward. Door “scraaaaaapes” when you open it because the seams rub.

I’m just highly pissed off right now. Mostly at myself.


Just so you know, you are driving a car I would love to own,...well let me clarify that, last week before accident, you were driving a car I would love to own....

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
WineWootaholic wrote:Just so you know, you are driving a car I would love to own,...well let me clarify that, last week before accident, you were driving a car I would love to own....



If you decide you would like to buy one, aim for the 2010 or 2011 model years. Aside from the obvious (they were the last 2 production years), Honda had made some tweaks to the transmission's gear ratio to give the vehicle better performance on hills/inclines and when you stomp hard on the accelerator.

I really wish I had been able to get a 2011 and stash it in the shed out back..."reserved for future use".

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Is tomorrow really monday? nooooooo

angryprez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

yes

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:Is tomorrow really monday? nooooooo


Tell me about it. Off for two weeks. Last at work on the 17th. Only good thing is that the time difference that hasn't worn off completely makes it easy to get up at 5 AM. And my fitness center at work is closed for renovations, so no work out tomorrow morning. Just straight to my desk. I'll start by 6:30 I guess.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark




When I get a motorcycle, I want that one!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.