$73.99 (Normally $102.00) 27% off List Price
2009 Swami Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
CT link above

Previous offer:
11/1/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Is this the one I've been reading a lot of people post about? Hoping that WW would bring it back?

Neal K Bharadwaj

brainchasm

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brainchasm
nealkb wrote:Is this the one I've been reading a lot of people post about? Hoping that WW would bring it back?

I dunno, but the CT notes seem...uninspired.

For a pinot fan, maybe a fair daily drinker?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of September 23rd.

September
9/29: NoVA/DC #27: Favorite Wines by the Pool
9/29: NorCal Adventure to Wine Country

October
10/20: Detroit #12: The Last Hurrah
TBD:NorCal #13: Pre-1997 Wines

November
TBD: Austin #1
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Minnesota #?

Pending
TBD: Chicago #?
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Edit:

jmdavidson wrote:I am making a second attempt at a get together for Chicago. So, please add to the event calendar, Chicago Get Together, Friday, October 12th, 7pm. Thanks.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

I have been waiting for this to return & will be stocking up. I got it when it was offered with the Rockus Bockus & I liked the Swami much better. The first time I tried it, I was talking to a friend when I poured it and after I took my first sip, I lost my train of thought of what I was saying to her. I was that surprised that something in that outlandishly labelled bottle could be that good. I remember cherries & darkness, and a mental note to buy more the next time I saw it up for sale.

TomRaz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomRaz

I bought this last year when it was offered and it was very good.

I am in for a case !

akhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akhill

Anyone in New York interested in splitting a 1/2 case?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Hmm, will have to think on this one a bit. Just had a bottle of the Rockus Bachus last night, and it was still wonderful, one of the best QPR's I've gotten from woot. I wish that was what was being offered, however, if this is even half as a good, there is still good QPR here.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

I am a pinot fan and to me this is more than an every day drinker. Purchased the last time with the RB and I agree, this was the better wine. Very smooth, fruit forward, but not a single note. Good mouth feel and worthy of tasting not just drinking, especially at the price (I think the retail is even a good price, would rather pay over $20 for this than most wines at my local store). This is definitely a wine to enjoy.
To sum up, I put the RB out for parties and save this one for special company. In for a case.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:Hmm, will have to think on this one a bit. Just had a bottle of the Rockus Bachus last night, and it was still wonderful, one of the best QPR's I've gotten from woot. I wish that was what was being offered, however, if this is even half as a good, there is still good QPR here.

If I remember right, this was offered with Rockus Bockus, and I fell in love with RB, although I'm a Cab guy, I seem to remember really likeing this stuff. Great to see if being offered again. Is RB next? I'm down to 11 bottles of RB and save it for special occasion's

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
fredrinaldi wrote:Is RB next? I'm down to 11 bottles of RB and save it for special occasion's

That's funny, I was down to about the same before a party this weekend. Now I only have 7 or 8. But I only have 3 of the Swami so I am very excited it is being offered!
Love this maker and I believe these were the glow in the dark labels, last time they threw in a few extra with each purchase.

North316

I am officially Better Than Everyone Else, thanks to the wine diapers on sellout-plus. Still debating this offering though, and still really wishing it was RB.

My CT

luckieboi711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luckieboi711

Oh, these were delicious, dare I say better than the RB that was offered in a 6 pack. I would definitely purchase another set of these if it wasn't for those pesky bills.

pluthe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe
luckieboi711 wrote:Oh, these were delicious, dare I say better than the RB that was offered in a 6 pack. I would definitely purchase another set of these if it wasn't for those pesky bills.

I agree that this is better than the RB (that is good too and I did purchase that again when it was offered on its own). So it was an easy decision to buy a case.

North316

pluthe wrote:I agree that this is better than the RB (that is good too and I did purchase that again when it was offered on its own). So it was an easy decision to buy a case.

You people are enablers and really need to stop saying this was better than the RB. I don't have room/money for this but I love the RB and only have 2 bottles of pinot noir out of my 190 cellar.

Dave would you want two of these if I got them?

My CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:You people are enablers and really need to stop saying this was better than the RB. I don't have room/money for this but I love the RB and only have 2 bottles of pinot noir out of my 190 cellar.

Also keep in mind you have unlocked free shipping, if I'm reading right from earlier in the thread and if that helps sway you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

inkycatz wrote:Also keep in mind you have unlocked free shipping, if I'm reading right from earlier in the thread and if that helps sway you.

Yeah, I unlocked free shipping with some dessert wine at 9:56 and then proceeded to buy a topsy turvy and wine diapers because of it. I already know what my wife would say about buying this, because she loved the RB we had last night and is an enabler as well, mostly because I pay the CC bill hah.

EDIT: Just looked back and not only were those my 98th, 99th and 100th woots, the dessert wine was my first "last wooter" and the other two my first "first suckers".

My CT

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

This was actually very very good for the price point when it was last offered by Woot.

The only reason why I'm sitting on the fence is that I was just at a family wedding and took home 3 bottles of good stuff and have an earlier woot order on the way...but so tempted.

PS let me add I had no idea that the label glowed in the dark. Guess I didn't consume it under, um, exciting enough circumstances.
I liked this a lot with my usual "lazy night" dinner of cheese, fruit, bread, and veggies (or pickled things) but it also held up well in the face of Indian food.

Still may cave and get later today.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:You people are enablers and really need to stop saying this was better than the RB. I don't have room/money for this but I love the RB and only have 2 bottles of pinot noir out of my 190 cellar.

Sure, I'm good for 2 and congrats on the black box!

North316

chipgreen wrote:Sure, I'm good for 2 and congrats on the black box!

Last Wooter to Woot:
North316

My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Last Wooter to Woot:
North316

SWEET

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

I stocked up on the Bright Light last time around, in for one with the Swami.Now we just need the Rockus Bockus to round things out. Looking forward to Sue from Blue Nomad checking in at some point today. She usually does!
Cheers!

lxzndr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr

Got this last year in the mixed order. Agree that it is a great wine. In for 3!
maybe we will get extra labels again as well?

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:I am officially Better Than Everyone Else, thanks to the wine diapers on sellout-plus. Still debating this offering though, and still really wishing it was RB.

welcome to the club

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

CT notes on this don't look encouraging but reviews here seem very positive. I'm in based on my experience with RB and comments by my fellow wooters.

wineyum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wineyum

I must be the exception to the rule on this wine- my husband and I both found this wine to be a bit bland and boring. It wasn't bad, it just felt thin and unexciting. Low tannins and very little finish. I liked the RB much better. I do like the winemaker in general and I have been very pleased with the Bright Light White that just arrived about two weeks ago- wish I had ordered more of that!

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
wineyum wrote:I must be the exception to the rule on this wine- my husband and I both found this wine to be a bit bland and boring. It wasn't bad, it just felt thin and unexciting. Low tannins and very little finish. I liked the RB much better. I do like the winemaker in general and I have been very pleased with the Bright Light White that just arrived about two weeks ago- wish I had ordered more of that!

Nah, you are not alone. I didn't think much of this wine either. Though in fairness, I think that PN isn't really my kind of wine.

ssueiro

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ssueiro

[quote postid="5183525" user="cynthylee"]Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

Here I am Cynthylee! Sorry folks, late start to today! Most of the comments tell me you are familiar with the wine, but let me know if you have any questions.

I will say this for those of you looking at older CT notes or even if you drank this right after the last woot offer, the 2009 Swami has evolved a lot for me in the past six months. When the wine was released (too early, like everyone is releasing pinots these days), it had a lot of big spice up front and a bright red cherry on the palate, and even a touch of effervescent tartness. It has mellowed into a smoother dark cherry for me, still with plenty of that chai/sandalwood spice but way more integrated and enjoyable. I've been pulling corks on this one a lot lately, and I do think for pinot at this price, it is really overdelivering.

PS - for those of you holding out for RB, don't. : (

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

Finally decided to go in on this deal and they don't ship to my state. Louisiana. The land of drive through daiquiri shops! How can that be?

Jen

North316

ssueiro wrote:[quote postid="5183525" user="cynthylee"]Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

Here I am Cynthylee! Sorry folks, late start to today! Most of the comments tell me you are familiar with the wine, but let me know if you have any questions.

I will say this for those of you looking at older CT notes or even if you drank this right after the last woot offer, the 2009 Swami has evolved a lot for me in the past six months. When the wine was released (too early, like everyone is releasing pinots these days), it had a lot of big spice up front and a bright red cherry on the palate, and even a touch of effervescent tartness. It has mellowed into a smoother dark cherry for me, still with plenty of that chai/sandalwood spice but way more integrated and enjoyable. I've been pulling corks on this one a lot lately, and I do think for pinot at this price, it is really overdelivering.

How long can this be cellared?

As for the RB, will there be any future vintages or do I need to cherish my last 3 bottles and regret drinking the one I did last night?

My CT

tallerteapot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tallerteapot
jelliott04 wrote:Finally decided to go in on this deal and they don't ship to my state. Louisiana. The land of drive through daiquiri shops! How can that be?

Jen

DANGLE!! Well, rats. No wine for me, either.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:How long can this be cellared?

As for the RB, will there be any future vintages or do I need to cherish my last 3 bottles and regret drinking the one I did last night?

Life is short, hold no regrets.

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

inkycatz wrote:Life is short, hold no regrets.

I can at least regret sharing it hah.

My CT

bubbasue12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbasue12
inkycatz wrote:Also keep in mind you have unlocked free shipping, if I'm reading right from earlier in the thread and if that helps sway you.

What do you mean by unlocked free shipping?

ssueiro

North316, I would say the Swami is one I would drink within 7 years of vintage, and maybe within 5 if you don't like older wines.

We are still making Rockus Bockus and it is available out in the world, you just won't likely find it on woot too soon. Due to some short vintages and strong demand, we will likely be sold out for a while next year, so we're hanging on to it.

We hope you never regret cracking a bottle, you just need to work a little harder to replace it.

North316

ssueiro wrote:North316, I would say the Swami is one I would drink within 7 years of vintage, and maybe within 5 if you don't like older wines.

We are still making Rockus Bockus and it is available out in the world, you just won't likely find it on woot too soon. Due to some short vintages and strong demand, we will likely be sold out for a while next year, so we're hanging on to it.

We hope you never regret cracking a bottle, you just need to work a little harder to replace it.

Thanks for the info and the update on the RB. I don't see any BNW webstore to purchase either, which is probably good for me anyway. I generally purchase from woot because shipping is a killer from the West Coast to the midwest, how Woot does it I will never know.

So how about those extra labels this time around?

My CT

fredrinaldi

ssueiro wrote:[quote postid="5183525" user="cynthylee"]Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

you just ruined my day , OK wooters I have 11 bottles of RB @ $100 each, PM me if interested, heh, heh, heh

fredrinaldi

bubbasue12 wrote:What do you mean by unlocked free shipping?

once you make a purchase and pay the $5.00 shipping, anything else you buy on woot that day ships FREE

ssueiro

North316 wrote:I generally purchase from woot because shipping is a killer from the West Coast to the midwest, how Woot does it I will never know.

ME NEITHER! Working on the RB site, but you can always call...

North316 wrote:So how about those extra labels this time around?

BUT OF COURSE!