highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez
JimBob1 wrote:I still enjoy Hamm's, the beer refreshing. Have a few left in the frig, but will soon need to cross several state lines to restock.

This or Red Dog. My grandpa drinks them and he's the consummate badass renaissance man.

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

Texas Pride, cheap and not bad!

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

Bud in a bottle.

sunrayteacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunrayteacher

Milwaukee's Best!

chipgreen

quality posts: 190 Private Messages chipgreen
bkarlan wrote:South Paw Light. Was able to get a pitcher in college for $4.25

South Paw? Pitcher? I see what you did there.

hagar129

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagar129

Genny

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog

Root.

There seem to have been a plethora of beer questions lately. Is that a foreshadowing of a new site called beer.woot?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Miller "High" life has the best commercials,

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

It's been a long time (as in never) since I've been grouped with the hipsters, but I do enjoy the occasional PBR. Back in the day I also drank the lower level Red White and Blue.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

catlavander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catlavander
bigj78 wrote:Old Style - the offical beer of the Chicago Cubs...lol

Oh! and Mickey's Malt liqueur - Did some one say 40!

Both where my college past times

I used to drink old style but the changed the recipe.....it got worse.

mmmmm....

jamesemunson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesemunson

HAMM'SAnd, I'm proud to drink it.

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

Natty Bo, and PBR.

Glad someone already mentioned Tecate--I had mostly forgotten that, but it used to be my go-to at Tex-Mex dives.

And always Yuengling, especially the Black and Tan. Even if the beer wasn't good (it is, it is!) I'd be a strong supporter of them for taking on Bud and re-claiming their true historic status.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

rmfinn68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmfinn68

Milwaukee's Best Ice is not bad.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
josial wrote:I grew up in Pittsburgh and agree Yeungling is as good a cheap beer as you can get.

Another vote for Yeungling- by far the best cheap beer around in the US.

Only thing that tops it (and tops it by a mile) is Gambrinus- but you have to be in the Czech Republic for it to be a cheap beer.

chipgreen wrote:How about some Olde Frothingslosh? The self-described "Pale Stale Ale".

That's not supposed to be cheap or good, just fun!

Bruceee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bruceee

Genesee Cream Ale

Bruceee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bruceee
schrep97 wrote:genny cream ale. hands down best cheap beer out there

Agreed!

komatiite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komatiite

Old Milwaukee. The first beer I could stand to drink. Summer of 1971, Maynard, Mass.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Henry Weinhards Dark. After years of reflexively drinking Bud and Coors I tried a Weinhard's dark at a party one time, and realized there was a whole 'nother world of beer out there. Going down that path ultimately led me to become the wino that I am today.

navyrican

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navyrican

Im from PR and near the college they sell the beer "Presidente" for a quarter...thats what we got shwasted on at University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez

emilysees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilysees

I enjoy a National Bohemian when the cheap beer mood strikes. Which is to say, often.
Also, Mr. Boh exudes class.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Yuengling black & tan....because if you get a black & tan at a bar, it's more than twice as much as this one out of a bottle.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I bought a home brewing book about 20 years ago, and one of the first things it said was, "There is no such thing as bad beer, but some beer is better than others. The same cannot be said for wine."

I generally believe this statement, and have no problem knocking back a cold American adjunct Lager if the setting is appropriate. For example, I'll have a Negro Modelo or Tecate at a Mexican restaurant that doesn't offer anything tastier as I have never acquired a taste for wine with Mexican food. Having said that, my local Mexican place has Anchor Steam on tap which is an awesome beer with food.

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
jamesemunson wrote:HAMM'SAnd, I'm proud to drink it.

When I go back home to Iowa, it's Hamm's and PBR...

Something about going back to the stuff you started with.

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines