true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
North316 wrote:It shows that for everyone once the shipping info is generated. Though it becomes available for most of us once the package is actually picked up and in-transit.

Even if I could have it held, that office is over an hours drive from my house. Totally not worth it.

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
kylemittskus wrote:I'm guessing that palate variation paired with unrealistic expectations is way more likely than any of the wines being flawed.

hmmm... not sure about that. i'm not expecting greatness from 9 bucks a bottle, but at least be better than a 5 dollar barefoot.... unfortunately, the merlot was not better than a 5 dollar barefoot. i will be honest. it was one of the worst i've ever had. the cab... i would say was about what you'd expect from an 8-9 dollar bottle. but when you're going with wine woot, you expect a 15 dollar bottle at a 10 dollar price. otherwise, why not just go to the store?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
Winedavid39 wrote:Sure.

my contact is named Will. He is the head of sales over at White Oak. Good guy. Fair.

I'm perplexed by the variance in views on the cab/merlot case offer. the wines we tasted, while not crazy good, were enjoyable and blew the doors off of QPR in our view. my guess is there is a small batch of wine that went south. Tewkewl (and a few others) may have gotten the short end of the stick.

with this vertical, while not as aggressively priced, it fills the same QPR bill. All wines are still very much alive and a nice opportunity to compare different vintages.

We like this deal alot.

WD, thanks for piping in. Unfortunately I think this is an offer which would have been sold to me with winery participation (aged cab, mid-price) but without that I'm going to let excuses such as "cellar space" and "funding" slide in and win the argument.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tewkewl wrote:hmmm... not sure about that. i'm not expecting greatness from 9 bucks a bottle, but at least be better than a 5 dollar barefoot.... unfortunately, the merlot was not better than a 5 dollar barefoot. i will be honest. it was one of the worst i've ever had. the cab... i would say was about what you'd expect from an 8-9 dollar bottle. but when you're going with wine woot, you expect a 15 dollar bottle at a 10 dollar price. otherwise, why not just go to the store?

I tend to believe it was bottle variation or a bad batch. I openned a bottle of the merlot last week and found it outtsanding for the price: fresh fruit, soft tannins, and well-balanced. I would be willing to pay 15-20 per bottle at a wine shop

"The older I get the better I was"

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
michilli40 wrote:Ya I have the local FedEx laughing when I come in. This last pickup the girl asked me when I was going to start sharing

You, my friend, are lucky. I always get a FedEx guy complaining he had to carry a box (2-4), a half or full case to my door. I want a nice lady with a smile and my wine if I'm waiting!

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
hookhams wrote:You, my friend, are lucky. I always get a FedEx guy complaining he had to carry a box (2-4), a half or full case to my door. I want a nice lady with a smile and my wine if I'm waiting!

I've noticed mine now knows me by name, always calls me when stuff comes in and now has started wearing make-up and greets me with a smile.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
Winedavid39 wrote:Sure.

my contact is named Will. He is the head of sales over at White Oak. Good guy. Fair.

I'm perplexed by the variance in views on the cab/merlot case offer. the wines we tasted, while not crazy good, were enjoyable and blew the doors off of QPR in our view. my guess is there is a small batch of wine that went south. Tewkewl (and a few others) may have gotten the short end of the stick.

with this vertical, while not as aggressively priced, it fills the same QPR bill. All wines are still very much alive and a nice opportunity to compare different vintages.

We like this deal alot.

WD I bought two cases last woot, what does that tell you, In fact the wife is drinking a Melot right now.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
losthighwayz wrote:I tend to believe it was bottle variation or a bad batch. I openned a bottle of the merlot last week and found it outtsanding for the price: fresh fruit, soft tannins, and well-balanced. I would be willing to pay 15-20 per bottle at a wine shop

I agree maybe summer shipping

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
cortot20 wrote:I've noticed mine now knows me by name, always calls me when stuff comes in and now has started wearing make-up and greets me with a smile.

My Fedex guy has my number on his speed dial and I have his on mine. It pays to befriend the Fedex person. I never miss a shipment that way, even if I am not at around when he wants to deliver. I've met the guy out on his route when necessary. However, I will also admit that I frequently use the HAL (Hold At Location) option when I know for certain that I won't be around to get a package.