(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Chardonnay, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Sauvignon Blanc, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Riesling, 100ml

Website

It's Thursday! (Non-wine day)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

grape seed oil is great for all meats and poultry! I love the flavor, and it's also great for high heat applications like a grill or pan searing!!!! I wonder what the added wine flavor does to it. Might have to take the plunge on this one

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

This might seem like a dumb question, but how much alcohol is in it? I have friends who dont drink, so could I serve it to them, or does it taste too much like wine?

Cesare

quality posts: 1561 Private Messages Cesare
tiger7610 wrote:This might seem like a dumb question, but how much alcohol is in it? I have friends who dont drink, so could I serve it to them, or does it taste too much like wine?

Um. It's oil, it has no alcohol.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tiger7610

But is it infused with wine?

ilovedisney247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovedisney247
tiger7610 wrote:But is it infused with wine?

It's grape seed oil pressed from the type of grape indicated on the bottle--the merlot grape seed oil is pressed from the seeds of merlot grapes

tiger7610

ilovedisney247 wrote:It's grape seed oil pressed from the type of grape indicated on the bottle--the merlot grape seed oil is pressed from the seeds of merlot grapes

Got it, the plague is addling my brain.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Another stupid question....
Do these oils taste all that different one to another?

Does the riesling have rushing acidity and a hint of sweetness? Is the chardonnay Oaky? Is the syrah or Zin Fruity or restrained? Will the merlot get roundly trashed by a short balding actor?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Woot, we need to have a talk. Don't you have product advisors? Anyone who cooks knows that the type of people who like red wines, typically only cook with reds... and those who liike whites, cook with whites. You looking for a bipolar cooker? Lucky you, it is America.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
tiger7610 wrote:This might seem like a dumb question, but how much alcohol is in it? I have friends who dont drink, so could I serve it to them, or does it taste too much like wine?

The amount of alcohol is not measurable. Pretty muchh none, if any. They usually just put the type of grapes that make that kind of wine into these oils. There are six different kinds. Alcohol burns off while cooking. Hence why "avoid heat" or some words similar are listed on a lot of alcohol bottles.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Fountain3586 wrote:Woot, we need to have a talk. Don't you have product advisors? Anyone who cooks knows that the type of people who like red wines, typically only cook with reds... and those who liike whites, cook with whites. You looking for a bipolar cooker? Lucky you, it is America.

Then it's time to expand your horizons and open yourself to a new experience.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

galwithcurve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galwithcurve

Grapeseed oil is high (about 70%) in omega 6. Most people get too much omega 6 from seed and grain oils. Omega 6 is pro-inflammatory; omega 3 is anti-inflammatory. This oil can be a problem to cook with because it dries up unlike other oils; if you splatter some on your stove while cooking you need to wipe it up right away because if you wait it will basically dry and become difficult to wipe off later.

clcaruthers wrote:grape seed oil is great for all meats and poultry! I love the flavor, and it's also great for high heat applications like a grill or pan searing!!!! I wonder what the added wine flavor does to it. Might have to take the plunge on this one

inazuma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages inazuma

How long would these last unopened? Is there an expiration date? Best way to store them to make sure they last a while? What's the best way to store once opened? Thanks!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Fountain3586 wrote:Woot, we need to have a talk. Don't you have product advisors? Anyone who cooks knows that the type of people who like red wines, typically only cook with reds... and those who liike whites, cook with whites. You looking for a bipolar cooker? Lucky you, it is America.

Well that's a fairly asinine comment. Thankfully this is wine.woot, not chef.woot I guess right? Most people who purchase from the website like both red and white wines (even if they do have a bias towards one or the other) and drink them at different times of the year. Cooking is the same way, and regardless, this is grapeseed oil from different grape seeds, not wine infused oil and it's probably likely that cooking applications with these oils don't necessary jive with cooking applications of the underlying varietals.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

83fxwg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 83fxwg

Oh boy...haven't even had my first cup of coffee and the feathers are already flying

I'm drowning and monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils...

simondet1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simondet1

I think these would make great hostess gifts for the upcoming holiday season. Usually I just leave my half-empty bottle of wine and call it good. Time to class it up a bit I think.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers
galwithcurve wrote:Grapeseed oil is high (about 70%) in omega 6. Most people get too much omega 6 from seed and grain oils. Omega 6 is pro-inflammatory; omega 3 is anti-inflammatory. This oil can be a problem to cook with because it dries up unlike other oils; if you splatter some on your stove while cooking you need to wipe it up right away because if you wait it will basically dry and become difficult to wipe off later.

I think you need to go brush up on the health benefits of grape seed oil before you try and trash it.

It increases HDL-C, the good cholesterol, while lowering your LDL levels.

Studies have shown that the antioxidant activity of the extracts of grape seeds may reduce damage to skin cells and enhance the production of collagen and elastin which is important for strong and healthy looking skin. Taking grape seed supplements daily may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks, and saggy skin.

Here's my favorite one: research has shown that grape seed extracts may improve damaged blood vessels and help regulate high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. In other words, it promotes good cardiovascular health.

IMHO....with all the studies and research out there, it seems to be on of the better oils out there if you are a health conscious person, and you utilize more high heat cooking techniques. So if you spill it on the stove like she said, just use your hair to wipe it up (if its on a cool part of the stove ). After all it decreases dandruff and contains high concentrations of Vitamin E which can strengthen hair follicles

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

I've heard grapeseed oil makes a great KY replacement, though not to be used with latex.

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

There should be a gourmet woot for this sort of thing. Having said that, I do like the high smoke point.

"me gusta el vino tinto"

foodandvine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages foodandvine
clcaruthers wrote:grape seed oil is great for all meats and poultry! I love the flavor, and it's also great for high heat applications like a grill or pan searing!!!! I wonder what the added wine flavor does to it. Might have to take the plunge on this one

This oil is actually best as a finishing oil - try the merlot drizzled on all those delicious heirlooms tomatoes out there, the chardonnay over seared scallops or seafood salad - you get the idea! Use our original grapeseed oil in the stainless can for high heat cooking

foodandvine

silent7seven wrote:I've heard grapeseed oil makes a great KY replacement, though not to be used with latex.

Why stop there? Use it as a body massage oil - all that vitamin E is great for the skin!

binnapa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages binnapa

Hello This is Bruno from Food & Vine home of Salute Sante grape seed oil.
There is no alcohol the oil is pressed from each varietals of grape seed which will give you a nuance of flavor for each of them

foodandvine

North316 wrote:Well that's a fairly asinine comment. Thankfully this is wine.woot, not chef.woot I guess right? Most people who purchase from the website like both red and white wines (even if they do have a bias towards one or the other) and drink them at different times of the year. Cooking is the same way, and regardless, this is grapeseed oil from different grape seeds, not wine infused oil and it's probably likely that cooking applications with these oils don't necessary jive with cooking applications of the underlying varietals.

The great thing about these oils is that they are best as finishing oils drizzled over the finished dish - just imagine shaved fennel and parmesan drizzled with the riesling grapeseed oil - heirloom tomatoes with Syrah grapeseed oil (the Syrah is chef Michael Chiarello's favorite!!)

binnapa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages binnapa

Yes each seed will give a nuance of flavor. Chardonnay will be the most buttury and nutty, the syrah will have more tanin, riesling will be lighter in texture and sweeter

foodandvine

inazuma wrote:How long would these last unopened? Is there an expiration date? Best way to store them to make sure they last a while? What's the best way to store once opened? Thanks!

The oils have a 2 year from pressing Best By date stamped on every bottle - these are all fresh from this summer so lots of time to enjoy! The glass bottles are 97% UV filtered glass so they protect the oils from the damaging effects of light so the oil is protected all the time - once opened, its best to use it up within about 6 months,but you'll see it won't take you that long to enjoy them!!

foodandvine

cmaldoon wrote:Another stupid question....
Do these oils taste all that different one to another?

Does the riesling have rushing acidity and a hint of sweetness? Is the chardonnay Oaky? Is the syrah or Zin Fruity or restrained? Will the merlot get roundly trashed by a short balding actor?

Yes, they actually do!! The syrah has a full,rich flavor; chardonnay is buttery; riesling has a delicate, smooth taste with a grassy fresh finish; the Zinfandel has a rich, almost sweet finish - great worked into dessert dishes - grilled peaches anyone?

foodandvine

Please check out our website at
www.grapeseedoil.com for lots of specific info and like us on facebook at Salute Sante Grapeseed Oil

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
83fxwg wrote:Oh boy...haven't even had my first cup of coffee and the feathers are already flying

expect "thunderthighs" to start editing

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

This makes so much sense! I'm being sarcastic.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
true559 wrote:There should be a gourmet woot for this sort of thing. Having said that, I do like the high smoke point.

"me gusta el vino tinto"

It's Thursday. We like being non-traditional on Thursday.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kylemittskus

inkycatz wrote:It's Thursday. We like being non-traditional on Thursday.

If by "non-traditional," you mean doing the exact same thing you've been doing for a very long time, then yes.

nanetteatsalutesante

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanetteatsalutesante
inkycatz wrote:It's Thursday. We like being non-traditional on Thursday.

These are finishing oils, to drizzle over all sorts of cheeses, cured meats and salads!

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
nanetteatsalutesante wrote:These are finishing oils, to drizzle over all sorts of cheeses, cured meats and salads!

To pair with something special!

Neal K Bharadwaj

nanetteatsalutesante

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanetteatsalutesante

These oils are great drizzled over the finished dish - after you have grilled some salmon on the BBQ just drizzle the Chardonnay over it! Or the Merlot over some pork or Zinfandel over some steak!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Hmm, can anyone tell me if these would be good as finishing oils?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:Hmm, can anyone tell me if these would be good as finishing oils?