CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/15/11
1/14/11 (2008)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
Cesare wrote:Copa Del Rey Chilean 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$54.99
6 2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/15/11
1/14/11 (2008)

Only 2....not 3....that sucks....

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Someone was asking for this earlier...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

quality posts: 1651 Private Messages Cesare
nuggy wrote:Only 2....not 3....that sucks....

A case is always the limit. Buy more with a second account or gift it with your account.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

adtirey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adtirey

Is this nice? I'm rebuilding our cellar after the tragedy that was moving back from Switzerland and losing all our French/German/Spanish wines. I don't want to talk about it. I DO want to discuss this wine, though... Comments and suggestions appreciated.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
adtirey wrote:Is this nice? I'm rebuilding our cellar after the tragedy that was moving back from Switzerland and losing all our French/German/Spanish wines. I don't want to talk about it. I DO want to discuss this wine, though... Comments and suggestions appreciated.

It's $10/btl shipped wine. You shouldn't be expecting anything ground breaking. People seem to enjoy it for what it is, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
adtirey wrote:Is this nice? I'm rebuilding our cellar after the tragedy that was moving back from Switzerland and losing all our French/German/Spanish wines. I don't want to talk about it. I DO want to discuss this wine, though... Comments and suggestions appreciated.

use the links in Cesare's post to access the discussions from previous offerings of this wine. You will get more info, and you will probably get it in time to read it before the item sells out here.

The discussion from the second offering, particularly, will likely have comments from people who bought it in the first offering.

Using Cesare's link is a good suggestion for any wine.woot offering, BTW.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Like Kyle said, don't expect this to taste like a $30 or $40 bottle of wine, but this wine is very good for a $10 bottle. Unfortunately I didn't take any notes on this, but if I didn't still have 5 bottles I would definitely be in for more. It's not complex, but it is not thin and flabby either.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

adtirey

noslensj wrote:use the links in Cesare's post to access the discussions from previous offerings of this wine. You will get more info, and you will probably get it in time to read it before the item sells out here.

The discussion from the second offering, particularly, will likely have comments from people who bought it in the first offering.

Using Cesare's link is a good suggestion for any wine.woot offering, BTW.

Thank you!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Cesare wrote:A case is always the limit. Buy more with a second account or gift it with your account.

You mean "almost always". Occasionally there have been case offerings in which you could purchase two.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I personally found it to ok cooking wine. Sorry that isnt going to help speed the woot along. I tried a bottle from a friend and well, umm. Glad it was free.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
North316 wrote:You mean "almost always". Occasionally there have been case offerings in which you could purchase two.

I think those are for mixed cases? Afaik you can't order more than a case of a single wine, but of course I could be wrong...

Also bought a case of those a while back. It's decent, definitely better now than it was when it first came.

adtirey

Yes, I have to say that having read some of the comments from last time this wine was offered as was kindly suggested, I'm probably going to give this a pass. It's just the wrong season for sangria and we have pretty limited space if this ends up being plonk. However, I genuinely appreciate everyone's thoughts.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Just received a 6 pac bought last month, my 3rd buy of this. nice daily wine

but I want some ROCKUS BOCKUS

MikelZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikelZ

I've bought a six pack twice. It's not my favorite wine, but it's far from bad. It's perfect for cooking and for table wine.

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

I consider this a nice everyday drinking wine. The Chilean Cabs have some great QPR.

I wouldn't suggest stocking your wine cellar with too many of these, as I would rather save the cellar space for higher end wines.

zebulonxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zebulonxii

This was also featured 05/23/2012, 02/18/2012, I know cause it's in my order history. It's a totally good deal for what I think is a fantastic wine. To me it is dry with high tannin's (still learning the lingo). The very first sip I had back in March was very spicy but that was a one time experience, and not a complaint just an oddity. Of the three cases I've been through I've had one bad bottle. I've given a few away as gifts and they get high praise. I'm glad this offer came up again. It's definitely worth more than $10 a bottle.

I just had two cases of other Merlot delivered last week, but this Copa Del Rey Cabis so delicious, I just bought 2 more cases anyway!

Get it while the gettin's good!

05/23/2012

lionel47

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lionel47

My go to every day wine. I recommend it for pasta with meat or any kind of hearty meat-based dish. Got enough of this so I am passing today but I will get more in the future.

adtirey

Thanks again for the thoughts, everyone.

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559

Not a great wine. The best thing about it is that its delivered to your door. If you can get off the couch, you can find better wines for the price. I gave most of mine away.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

3% and holding...ummm, I think it's stuck! Good or bad, somebody push the button!!

davemary1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davemary1

What's going on? I was "wait-listed" a few minutes ago and see that the sale is still going.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
zebulonxii wrote: I just bought 2 more cases anyway!

I am sure you mean 1 case (2 woots) since that is the limit today.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tallerteapot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tallerteapot

For the price, I can grab some more Zolo Cabs at our local wine market OR try these. I love the Zolo. Having trouble.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
davemary1 wrote:What's going on? I was "wait-listed" a few minutes ago and see that the sale is still going.

Yup, as I thought, it's stuck.

Everybody PUSH!! That mesmerizing huge yellow button cannot be resisted!!

davemary1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davemary1

NEXT!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I went in for another six. Our past experience with this has been that it's a nice easy drinking cab.

I have noted several times that when I go away for several days, when I return the wine rack next to the dining room table seems to have one or two fewer bottles in it than when I left. This has been one of the bottles that often comes up missing.