texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Hey everyone, many of you know by now that I've taken on a large role in a new(ish) winery based in Sonoma County, Brack Mountain Wine Co. and their parent winery Enos Vineyards. Honored to be the #4 on a 6 person team, we are small but making big things happen for sure.

So, we relaunched our website recently and finally have our wines listed for sale, information about our vineyard partners and much more. A few of you have reached out to me asking about the wines (particularly about the Fable Rose of Charbono from Napa!) so got me thinking...

If any of you are interested in exploring new wines & purchasing directly from us, please use the code "wooters" upon check-out to receive 15% off your full order, this code expires December 31, 2012.

I appreciate all your kindness and enjoy all the new friendships that developed from helping WD and Woot! over the last year...if ever in the RRV area, please don't hesitate to reach out to me for a special tasting or tour. We are not open to the public, but welcome visiting Wooters - just plan ahead with me a bit to meet you.

We do have a few special offerings on the books for late Fall with WD, so looking forward to some fun on the boards with you all! Cheers - Ali

http://www.brackmountainwine.com

Quality Posts

WineDavid was my Boss!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Are you still attached at all to wine.woot! Ali or are you full into this new winery?

I look forward to getting a chance to try the wines (at woot prices and shipping ).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Question..I only see 3 wines in CT attributed to Brack Mountain 2 Rose and 1 Pinot but the website has quite a few wines from other winemakers/labels??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

I still have a small but sly dog in the Woot! game, no fear. However, I am wearing many full-time hats for Brack.

So - Brack Mountain produces wine under different labels and may be seen under Enos Vineyards which carries the official winery license for now. I encourage you to google the wines and see the caliber of fine wine shops and restaurants supporting us thus far. We are doing something entirely different in the wine world by producing wine that is over-delivering on the price - no matter what the price is. We partner with a few handfuls of vineyards to provide a interesting selection too. I love it! Oh and many of you have chatted up with our winemaker Dan, he was the winemaker for Pellegrini and polished his skills at Williams Selyem and Robert Sinskey over the years.

You'll see a bit of us on Woot! but we are seriously boot-strapping our start-up efforts and need every penny to keep things keeping on. So I hope that we can become a new winery for you all to explore and try as we continue to grow.

Just 2 weeks ago we finished our new winery in Sebastopol, it's not fancy, but we are in good company with the likes of WesMar, Chasseur, Paul Hobbs, Kosta Brown as our neighbors - and Arista makes all their wine under our roof too.

Sidebar: As for CT, please tread lightly here, I haven't been very vocal about CT on the boards but am not a big believer in the reviews across the board, wine is too multifaceted and subjective to have everyone under the sun base their opinion on novice palates.

- Ali

WineDavid was my Boss!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Interesting to hear!

And btw I try to never pay too much attention to any reviewer on CT or the paid/professional ones, that's why I never paid very much attention to your reviews while you were shillin for Woot

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

texacaliali wrote:Sidebar: As for CT, please tread lightly here, I haven't been very vocal about CT on the boards but am not a big believer in the reviews across the board, wine is too multifaceted and subjective to have everyone under the sun base their opinion on novice palates.

- Ali

Most of us use CT to track our wines and pay no attention to most of the reviews. Some of us know each others' palates rather well so we will obviously trust those reviews to some extent.

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:Most of us use CT to track our wines and pay no attention to most of the reviews. Some of us know each others' palates rather well so we will obviously trust those reviews to some extent.

oh yes and there are those of you who are great to follow on CT too.

Also, cool promotion that we launched today if you are into trains and music - oh and wine! http://brackmountainwine.com/railroadrevivalwines

WineDavid was my Boss!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
texacaliali wrote:oh yes and there are those of you who are great to follow on CT too.

Also, cool promotion that we launched today if you are into trains and music - oh and wine! http://brackmountainwine.com/railroadrevivalwines

I saw the Railroad Revival folks posted this on Facebook and figured you had something to do with it! Good luck in your new venture and please keep in touch here.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I mainly use CT to track my wine (if I ever get it put all up there), track a few friends wine, and follow my friends taste that are similar to mine.

As you said, everyone likes different things. I will rank a highly acidic wine really high while Ron might rank it low.

BTW, wine woot could use some sake in the very near future.

Best of luck with your new endeavor.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Ali glad to see you following your dreams, sad to see you leave WCC. I figured something was up as we haven't seen you around here for a while, and I was hoping we might meet you at WineDavids dinner party on the woot tour in July, but alas not such luck.

Best of luck, I cannot wait to see what you guys are doing!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

They made a Rose of Charbono. You got that? I hardly ever see Charbono, much less of a Rose of one. Someday, not this vintage probably, but someday, a case of that shall be mine.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
bhodilee wrote:They made a Rose of Charbono. You got that? I hardly ever see Charbono, much less of a Rose of one. Someday, not this vintage probably, but someday, a case of that shall be mine.

I ws just at Summers, they make a nice one. And a regular one too of course.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Cesare wrote:I ws just at Summers, they make a nice one. And a regular one too of course.

oh and we'll release our Fable Charbono from Napa in about 6 months too. Not soon enough...!

WineDavid was my Boss!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

love meeting wooters! had a great tasting yesterday with a Houston Wooter @ Enos Vineyards. Look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Also, last night at the winery we pulled a bottle of our Fable Charbono to taste again, "exceptional" - can't wait for you all to try this soon too.

WineDavid was my Boss!

kylemittskus

texacaliali wrote:love meeting wooters! had a great tasting yesterday with a Houston Wooter @ Enos Vineyards. Look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Also, last night at the winery we pulled a bottle of our Fable Charbono to taste again, "exceptional" - can't wait for you all to try this soon too.

When's the woot offer? I want!!!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Good Afternoon. So last night we were featured on the local news in a segment about the huge harvest this year, Tom Vacar reports http://shar.es/cHVNm

A packed 2 minutes about 2012 Cali Harvest VS what's happening in Europe, you'll see our new winery and winemakers in action, whew they are tired, one more week to go for us until the crush is over!

WineDavid was my Boss!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

what a great week...those who follow Jon Bonné who's the Wine Editor of the San Francisco Chronicle...our 2011 Origine RRV Sauvignon Blanc was featured yesterday.

It's a very unique SB, very honored to see it among such great company too, Spottswoode is probably my favorite Napa SB.

http://www.sfgate.com/wine/wineselections/article/The-late-season-charms-of-Sauvignon-Blanc-3965375.php#ixzz29qxVv7mv

WineDavid was my Boss!

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
texacaliali wrote:what a great week...those who follow Jon Bonné who's the Wine Editor of the San Francisco Chronicle...our 2011 Origine RRV Sauvignon Blanc was featured yesterday.
]

Congrats! Thanks again, Ali, for a fabulous tasting experience last week! I was impressed with all of the wines we tasted. Excellent QPR!

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

and our first Wine.Woot! offering is up! Very excited...!

WineDavid was my Boss!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
texacaliali wrote:Very excited...!

As well you should be. Bahwm and I will be in the Dry Creek area for a few days in February. Maybe not the ideal time to visit wine country, but we have a couple of nights of Wineclub lodging at Quivira, and thought we'd take advantage of it before heading to Oakland for Dark & Delicious. We're arriving on Tuesday afternoon, the 19th and leaving Friday sometime. Any chance we might be able to get together while we're there?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

ddeuddeg wrote:As well you should be. Bahwm and I will be in the Dry Creek area for a few days in February. Maybe not the ideal time to visit wine country, but we have a couple of nights of free lodging at Quivira, and thought we'd take advantage of it before heading to Oakland for Dark & Delicious. We're arriving on Tuesday afternoon, the 19th and leaving Friday sometime. Any chance we might be able to get together while we're there?

Fantastic! Would love to have you over to our winecave at Enos...it's about a 5 minute drive South on West Dry Creek Rd. from Quivira. pls send me an email to alison @ brackmountainwine . com so it will stay top of mind...

WineDavid was my Boss!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
texacaliali wrote:Fantastic! Would love to have you over to our winecave at Enos...

Revealed in this thread: texacaliali is really Batgirl.

I'm just hanging out, really.

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:Revealed in this thread: texacaliali is really Batgirl.

word.

WineDavid was my Boss!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Sharing some great news today...our 2011 Origine Sauvignon Blanc, RRV was listed in the SF Chronicle Top 100 Wines of the Year today.

A milestone for us, the 2012 Origine Sauv Blanc will release in a few weeks...a unique Sauv Blanc for those who dig this grape! http://www.sfgate.com/wine/top100/

Cheers!

WineDavid was my Boss!