2 2009 Black Zeppelin Central Coast
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
6/4/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

amaizing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaizing

How does this compare to a 100% PS wine?

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Speed to First Woot: 0m 43.661s

First Sucker:sndg

Last Wooter to Woot:rugrats2001

Last Purchase:a minute ago

Yay!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Last wooter to woot:bolligra

Above my normal price range, but these will be perfect for my 60th b-day in two years.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

on the fence here, any cab lovers try this ? if so thoughts?

DSal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

Love Zeppelin wines, IN!

rockoverlondon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockoverlondon

I didn't take notes on this but here's what I remember.

Smells hot, stronger than the 14.5% alcohol would imply. Dark and inky appearance that will stain your teeth but isn't thick or syrupy. Big fruit here, nothing subtle. Long finish, smooth with very little tannin. It's a confusing wine, unique and well made. I enjoyed it and would buy again if my bank account permitted. Hope that helps.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

There was some discussion about this wine when Stillman had his combo pack up. Apparently this is some killer Merlot....but given all the stigma Merlot received from the sideways movie, he decided to give it as generic label as possible.

You gotta love the guy

Igannon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Igannon
bsevern wrote:There was some discussion about this wine when Stillman had his combo pack up. Apparently this is some killer Merlot....but given all the stigma Merlot received from the sideways movie, he decided to give it as generic label as possible.

You gotta love the guy

Red blend: 60% Petite Sirah, 38 % Syrah, 2% Alicante Bouschet
Alcohol:14.5%
pH 3.59
R.S. .24%
215 cases bottled

Not sure there's any merlot in here, unless the specs are out of sync.

Still sounds like a mighty tasty wine...

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare
bsevern wrote:There was some discussion about this wine when Stillman had his combo pack up. Apparently this is some killer Merlot....but given all the stigma Merlot received from the sideways movie, he decided to give it as generic label as possible.

You gotta love the guy

You are confusing this with the central coast red from 7/24/12.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rockoverlondon wrote:I didn't take notes on this but here's what I remember.

Smells hot, stronger than the 14.5% alcohol would imply. Dark and inky appearance that will stain your teeth but isn't thick or syrupy. Big fruit here, nothing subtle. Long finish, smooth with very little tannin. It's a confusing wine, unique and well made. I enjoyed it and would buy again if my bank account permitted. Hope that helps.

Not saying you are wrong, but your notes go against stillman's and all of the CT notes, which say this is a pretty tannic wine. Did you decant for a really long time?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rockoverlondon wrote:I didn't take notes on this but here's what I remember.

got me !!
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

love the free shipping today, 4th purchase and all shipping for 5 bucks

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Cesare wrote:You are confusing this with the central coast red from 7/24/12.

The key being Black Zeppelin label v. Zeppelin label. Stillman really likes to confuse with his labeling.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

Got my set. Now I cant check the site for 3 months.

CT

rockoverlondon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockoverlondon
North316 wrote:Not saying you are wrong, but your notes go against stillman's and all of the CT notes, which say this is a pretty tannic wine. Did you decant for a really long time?

Decanted, but for an hour at most. If my fiance can enjoy it, there can't be much tannin. Take my word as some random stranger on a message board for what it's worth but if you're looking for something astringent you'll be disappointed.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
Cesare wrote:You are confusing this with the central coast red from 7/24/12.

OK, Same name, different bottle.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

And poof its gone. Glad I got mine.

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown

Guess I missed my chance to comment but no harm done! No Merlot here: two different Petite Sirahs, a Syrah, and a "whiff" of Alicante Bouschet. I try to balance tannins :-)

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive
stillmanbrown wrote:Guess I missed my chance to comment but no harm done! No Merlot here: two different Petite Sirahs, a Syrah, and a "whiff" of Alicante Bouschet. I try to balance tannins :-)

Bring out that Merlot! I bought this one but I'm really needing the Merlot.

true559

Anyone receiveed shipping notification yet? Only reason I ask is because I already received wine I ordered well before this wine.

cortot20

true559 wrote:Anyone receiveed shipping notification yet? Only reason ask is because I already received wine I ordered well before this wine.

Nope.
Although I did receive the teatulia sampler which I did order 2 days before but never got a shipping notification on it and it still shows as pending shipping on my account. So who knows, it could be transit.

CT

yotuki2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yotuki2
true559 wrote:Anyone receiveed shipping notification yet? Only reason I ask is because I already received wine I ordered well before this wine.

It's still awaiting shipping for me as well. Maybe the delivery zeppelin went the way of the Hindenburg?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

yotuki2 wrote:It's still awaiting shipping for me as well. Maybe the delivery zeppelin went the way of the Hindenburg?

looks like it's been 2 weeks since we ran the sale. if we're going by the faq, it'll be another week before i'd send emails and start fires over the shipping status.

but if you don't hear anything in about 8 days, shoot an email to service@woot.com inquiring as to the whereabouts of your juice.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

true559

OK, received shipping notification yesterday which indicates I'll get mine on tues Oct 09. I live in CA so that means 1 day to arrive after it starts moving. Hope this info is of some help. This is a record for me...3 weeks from order to delivery.

cortot20

true559 wrote:OK, received shipping notification yesterday which indicates I'll get mine on tues Oct 09. I live in CA so that means 1 day to arrive after it starts moving. Hope this info is of some help. This is a record for me...3 weeks from order to delivery.

Agreed this one did seem a little slower than normal, I would have expected it this last week not next. I'm fine with it though as long as the bottles show up in good shape.

CT

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl
cortot20 wrote:Agreed this one did seem a little slower than normal, I would have expected it this last week not next. I'm fine with it though as long as the bottles show up in good shape.

I too just received notification that my wine shipped and I will receive it tomorrow. I live in Southern CA. This has taken quite a long time to receive, but I too don't mind as long as the wine arrives in good shape. With over 100 woots, I've never had an issue with wine shipments. My only problems were with cheese arriving baked.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
emccarl wrote:My only problems were with cheese arriving baked.

While I love a good baked cheese, I agree you never want it to arrive that way. (Did you get it taken care of from service@woot, btw?)

I'm just hanging out, really.