WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wellington RPM Tour

Oh, Peter Wellington. Couldn't you let other people have their shot? Guess not, because here you come with your delicious wines to raise the bar on our RPM sales. ATTENTION EVERYONE: PETER WELLINGTON'S HERE. NOW YOU GOTTA BRING YOUR A GAME. Here's to you, P.W. Assuming you'll let us steal a glass.
Wellington Vineyards official site

Quality Posts

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

No duchess , no cesare! Something doesn't feel right

Neal K Bharadwaj

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
nealkb wrote:No duchess , no cesare! Something doesn't feel right

The other wines here can console you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
nealkb wrote:No duchess , no cesare! Something doesn't feel right

but the cab franc is so good!

we were there a week or two after the RPM tour, otherwise I'd be all over this

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Hmmm, might have to go for a Cab Franc and a Stillman today. Although word of a Woot off tomorrow makes me hesitant.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

deasmusico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deasmusico

Woot off looming tomorrow...no syrah offering...BUT it's Wellington (discounted!). Thus, auto buy. Thanks for the offering Peter!

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

I know it's only a fiver, but will wait till tomorrow with the woot-off when I'm already getting free shipping (or so I assume I will buy something). Hopefully what I want will still be here.

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

Wellington RPM Tour

Wellington Vineyards 2007 Cabernet Franc 2-Pack
$44.99 (Normally $60.00) 25% off List Price
2007 Cabernet Franc

Wellington Old Vines Ports 500ml 2-Pack
$48.99 (Normally $65.00) 25% off List Price
2003 Wellington Old Vines Port 500ml
2006 Wellington Old Vines Port 500ml

Wellington 2010 White Combo 4-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $70.00) 29% off List Price
2 2010 Chardonnay
2 2010 Sauvignon Blanc

Wellington 2007 Zinfandel 3-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $73.00) 25% off List Price
2007 Estate Zinfandel
2007 Meeks Hilltop Zinfandel
2007 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel

Previous offer:
5/28/12 (Plus)
Forum link here

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

I can recommend the cab. Franc and the chard. Offered here. The zins are awesome as well. I have not tried the port in a few years.
It's fun to click the CT links and see a bunch of my own notes from wines past.

CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Well I got my Franc ordered. And since it seems like the Woot OFf is going extremely slow....... Im in the clear for a couple of hours

Neal K Bharadwaj

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

the Sauvignon Blanc is subtle, not cold-weather NZ grass-and-grapefruit. My favourite one ever.

Cab Franc (07 is the year i had) is nice, but tannic and I'd cellar it for a few years more. Still bitter to my (supertaster) palate. Lovers of big US wines could drink that now, but i'd cellar to optimise. add years for younger vintage.

Zins are lovely if you like Zins, but do aerate well! THese will age more than other Zins you have.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
cortot20 wrote:I can recommend the cab. Franc and the chard. Offered here. The zins are awesome as well. I have not tried the port in a few years.
It's fun to click the CT links and see a bunch of my own notes from wines past.

Had the port a couple weeks ago, and I liked it more than your typical ports. Didn't buy b/c we're not into sweet stuff like that.

Compared to other ports I've had it's lighter not as heavy with the tobacco/leather flavors.

edit - Agree about the cab franc. Also benefits from a very long decant in the least. I love the varietal so it's impossible for me to keep my hands off of it.

Has anyone had a chance to try the new vintage of the Duke? Bought a case of it blind when it was released.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20
rmm989 wrote:Had the port a couple weeks ago, and I liked it more than your typical ports. Didn't buy b/c we're not into sweet stuff like that.

Compared to other ports I've had it's lighter not as heavy with the tobacco/leather flavors.

edit - Agree about the cab franc. Also benefits from a very long decant in the least. I love the varietal so it's impossible for me to keep my hands off of it.

Has anyone had a chance to try the new vintage of the Duke? Bought a case of it blind when it was released.

Have not tried the Duke yet.
I filled out a case with it for my club shipment which I receive mid next month. But there is a group headed up next weekend that I am sure can provide reviews.

CT

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Had a bottle of the 2006 Wellington Zinfandel last night. Went great with a rack of lamb. A wine I bought here on woot.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Had a bottle of the 2006 Wellington Zinfandel last night. Went great with a rack of lamb. A wine I bought here on woot.

I know Scott hangs around here all the time anyway, but maybe this is a sign for the woot-off....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen

Just unlocked "free" shipping via Twisted Oak PS so loaded up on a mixed case of Wellington. 6 Zin, 4 Cab Franc and 2 Port + the 8 Duke & 4 Duchess I already ordered directly from Wellington = woohoo!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Just unlocked "free" shipping via Twisted Oak PS so loaded up on a mixed case of Wellington. 6 Zin, 4 Cab Franc and 2 Port + the 8 Duke & 4 Duchess I already ordered directly from Wellington = woohoo!

I think you have a serious problem! hah

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:I think you have a serious problem! hah

I'm in denial so just bought 2 sets of the Merlot/Cab deal as well!

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

Purchased a bunch of various chards for the wife and rewarded myself with the Zin 3 pack. I really enjoy the Meeks Hilltop Zin and only had 1 bottle left - so bought 2 of the 3 pack.

Anyone able to offer a comparison of the Meeks to the Estate Zin?

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
dalematthew wrote:Purchased a bunch of various chards for the wife and rewarded myself with the Zin 3 pack. I really enjoy the Meeks Hilltop Zin and only had 1 bottle left - so bought 2 of the 3 pack.

Anyone able to offer a comparison of the Meeks to the Estate Zin?

The Estate Zin is more complex and more tannic and age-worthy, while the Meeks is more straight forward Zin fruit (raspberry, blackberry).

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Well, tried to order one case if e duke. Wife and i virst came across wellington by accident back in 2006 and loved the duke ( i couldve sworn it was less than 5 dollars per bottle then). Tried to order at 10 per and was astounded by e 49 shipping. Really? 49 for a case within CA?

"The older I get the better I was"